Buggati Veyron

  • Thread starter Thread starter Marinus
  • 42 comments
  • 8,685 views
I can't seem to handle my veyron, its at about 1026 hp right now, yea its fast, but cornering with the veyron feels so heavy and it just doesn't want to turn unless it reaches turtle speed...any tips to increase it's handling ?

tune that mother!!! i just tuned my and my god this is bloody stupid fast and pretty decent around corner...full weight reduction, glass weight reduction, stablizers, full suspension set up..i forgot what else i did but lower the ride height, stiffen the springs, give it some neg camber..i just did very little to test it out and efffff this thing is a beast...it should be able to corner decently...brake into the turn, give it a little throttle, hold it there till you're about 3/4ths or 2/3rds out of the turn then gun it...i probably avg most 100+mph around monza's corners..don't know exactly I just know it handles well hahah

i'm very happy with mine and I was just experimenting. I'll fine tune it some more when I have time, could still buy some more parts for it too.

*key is not to mash the throttle even at early points of teh turn, you don't want the turbo to all of sudden kick in sending you're car into understeer and into a wall or gravel..good luck!

oh and soft slicks would also help
 
Last edited:
Has anyone come up with a decent tuning set up for the veryon?

I'm sure the all stars cup for example would be VERY doable in this car with the right tuning, I just don't understand tuning though :p
 
Has anyone come up with a decent tuning set up for the veryon?

I'm sure the all stars cup for example would be VERY doable in this car with the right tuning, I just don't understand tuning though :p

I'm not getting all the negativity around this car at all, i thought it was pretty awesome right out of the box, though i did tweak it a little, i'm no tuning genius either but new exhaust, manifold etc, i think a new air filter, and chip, got it up to just over 1100hp like the Veyron SS, stage 2 weight reduction, window weight reduction, sports suspension and some sticky racing tyres.

Is now an awesome car instead of a very good car. Those who say it corners poorly really need to glance at their speedo and brake a little earlier. This car just eats up the road as I expected.
 
It's also very versatile, qualifies for a lot of events (tuned, turbo etc). I've taken a different strategy with this game and am winning events with whatever I have to build up the XP and credits, then will revisit for tougher challenges with slower cars later. For that, the Veyron is awesome as it smokes the opposition in a lot of events, and even shows well in more racing class events.
 
I love all the people complaining about these cars, saying things like "I would never buy one of those..." "it handles poorly""my Golf is better", or whatever. Have you guys ever seen one in person? Have you ever gone close to 200mph? let alone 250? It'll shut you right up about any negative comment you have. I would LOVE to see you and your Golf drive next to a Bugatti. Make sure the guys from VW are there, so they can learn something from you and your Golf, that they clearly missed when making the effing if-i-had-wings-i'd-fly-bugatti-no-problem-veyron.

On another note- i love mine, use it all the time on that "turbo" race in expert (i think) mode. Easy 36K.
 
hahah slip stream does not count..it should be doable without the stream...hmmm...the one in teh psp did it properly

No in real world it is not doable unless you enter "low downforce mode" where you have to put another key and try to reach 250 mph without pressing the brake at all or it goes in high downforce mode where its speed is 370-380 km/h...which is not really doable in GT5 or in real world on tracks except Nardo or such.
 
This thread is full of copious amounts of uneducated-ness.
 
I can't seem to handle my veyron, its at about 1026 hp right now, yea its fast, but cornering with the veyron feels so heavy and it just doesn't want to turn unless it reaches turtle speed...any tips to increase it's handling ?

The thing many people aren't getting about this car is the insane speed it carries along straights. You need to brake, in a straight line, before you start turning. Use the driving line with it a bit or wait for the flashing recommended gear to start and slow right down.

Then, instead of turning in and mashing the right stick/pedal up to the max as you'd do in a weaker car, ease in the throttle and the nose will be pulled round. As per real life, the Veyron in the game has been made to understeer very slightly out of bends so that the rich but largely talentless pilots don't wreck the £1m exotic.

With that "slow in, bit quicker THEN fast out" idea you'll still be hilariously far ahead of realistic opposition.

Sorry if that sounded patronising but my Veyron handles like a dream, all you need is the right tactics with it (Y) :)

Oh, and Hard/Medium Racing tyres, fully adjustable suspension and everything else you can buy for it :D
 
I got it as well, tuned it to 1150 bhp and installed all three weight reducing upgrades so it weights around 1400 kilos :D Don't know what people are complaining about, it has plenty of grip although it is (well was) quite heavy, hence the reduced weight. Don't remember if I got slicks for it.
But that car is just ridiculous. Overtaking others is so easy you'd wait a whole round and let them overtake you before you just humiliate them.

Louishino, 4WD and 1026 bhp make it go insanely fast in a straight and curved line. I've never driven a 1026 bhp 4WD car (I know you don't believe me but really, I haven't) but like all powerful 4WD cars in GT5, the Bugatti oversteers because of the power it divides over all four wheels. Or something like that, I guess. As Zonda R said, don't fully hit the throttle like you do with that stupid Ferrari, wait till you're completely through the corner (go through it easily) and once you're back on the straight, floor it.


Also, I have a question, is it possible to repaint the Bugatti in two different colours, or just one of the two colours, or the whole car, what happens?
 
As Zonda R said
Also, I have a question, is it possible to repaint the Bugatti in two different colours, or just one of the two colours, or the whole car, what happens?

Thanks, and it's Matt :)

I've also been wondering the same thing, as mine is White on Orange.... >.<

However, I'm too scared to re-spray it as I don't want it to be single tone! Haha, anyone took the plunge yet?
 
After watching a few replays of my Veyron, I'd probably call it a standard+. Yea there is no cockpit view, but it's obvious that PD took extra care in modeling the exterior (like the air brake). It's almost like they were planning on making it premium and then were like "lol nevermind we got one spot left and we need a Yaris".

I agree the Veyron looks great but you should know that there have been moving aero parts in GT games at least since 2001 when GT Concept came out.
 
EifelCircuit_2.jpg

EifelCircuit_1.jpg


:lol:
 
Ohh how I envy your nice paint scheme :lol: White where yours is red (fine) and ORANGE for the rest. Lovveellyyyy.... :(

Looks like that rear wing is really keeping the car glued as well!
 
Back