Bugged FIA race

• Thread starter JayRS200
  • 28 comments

JayRS200

(Banned)
Finland
Finland
Just had a horrible bugged race at Inerlagos. My car handled differently from practice. Handling was so different in qualy that I couldn't get within 2.5 secs of my best practise time which was about half a second slower than I could have went as I only had 10 min of practice. Not sure if this is a drop in framerate issue which shouldn't happen.

And all cars were stuck on the grid. No rolling start. It started me in reverse gear. Went around myself but crashed into one of the stationary cars at the end of the 1st lap, spun around and got a 10 sec penalty.

The "race" was going on in the background because it did have an end with the positions accounted for. Not sure of it was like that for everyone.

I won my first race at Suzuka but finished well down the grid at Interlagos due to this. I know it's just a bit of fun and only a game but this bug added with the rest is getting on my nerves and wishing I bought the disk copy so I could sell it on and say good riddance to PD. They seem to get worse as time goes on.

PD and the FIA are good at being terrible together.

Rant over.

My porsche was on straights 22kmh slower then in practice...no chance in quali and race..dunno why

i came out of last corner almost perfect, and i was in draft..even then i lost 4-6 tens of a second only on this straight

Wonder if it’s not applying the BOP in practice.

I didn’t notice much difference from prac to qual, but maybe cause my car doesn’t change much from BoP (Audi TT)

You think that’s BAD? Try doing the circle track for FIA, and on the green flag drop 1-2 went WAY ahead of the group, and the rest of us? Well the rest of us had our cars flipped backwards and starting in R. Wtf. Started 17th. Ended up in 15th battling with a member from here (can’t remember his name, but he made a thread here recently about changing his name.)
Yeah, really awesome race PD. Failure.

My races all went normal. Only thing i did notice, is that sometimes i also feel like the car in race is slower than in qualy. But maybe only in the first lap. Maybe there is Tireheat or so? Yesterday everthing was fine. Luckily never had this kind of bug.

My races all went normal. Only thing i did notice, is that sometimes i also feel like the car in race is slower than in qualy. But maybe only in the first lap. Maybe there is Tireheat or so? Yesterday everthing was fine. Luckily never had this kind of bug.

There is no tire wear or heat,so that would not explain the "slower car" feeling you had.
What would explain everything is lag/connection with servers-other players.
Both for your "feel like the car in race is slower" and what other people posted here.

My first championship race yesterday had the last 5 cars starting as ghosts and stalled. It's like we didn't get the countdown, by the time we had control of the car the rest of the field was in to turn 2...

I experienced slower car from lap 15th on Blue Moon yesterday. Was going at a good pace and keeping up with the guys ahead but suddenly something happened and i got slower,car wasnt right and i lost places. Then Spun to 20th and it was over.

Leaving the game for this is far stretched though.

I experienced slower car from lap 15th on Blue Moon yesterday. Was going at a good pace and keeping up with the guys ahead but suddenly something happened and i got slower,car wasnt right and i lost places. Then Spun to 20th and it was over.

Leaving the game for this is far stretched though.

It had a light mechanical damage on btw.Thats why.

I have hit the wall during Dragon Trail practice and the car was very slow for about 10 sec.
Overall first race without a mess.Qualified 6th finished 6th.
But to be honest those FIA races are not worth it.
I am on SR A and on today Brand Hatch people got crazy.Pushing, hitting etc.

I'm starting yhe Vantage race now. Don't know the track reverse and not driven any sports cars with sports tyres as they feel like crap and there's hardly any good ones. The Aston is crap.

Just had a horrible bugged race at Inerlagos. My car handled differently from practice. Handling was so different in qualy that I couldn't get within 2.5 secs of my best practise time which was about half a second slower than I could have went as I only had 10 min of practice. Not sure if this is a drop in framerate issue which shouldn't happen.

And all cars were stuck on the grid. No rolling start. It started me in reverse gear. Went around myself but crashed into one of the stationary cars at the end of the 1st lap, spun around and got a 10 sec penalty.

The "race" was going on in the background because it did have an end with the positions accounted for. Not sure of it was like that for everyone.

I won my first race at Suzuka but finished well down the grid at Interlagos due to this. I know it's just a bit of fun and only a game but this bug added with the rest is getting on my nerves and wishing I bought the disk copy so I could sell it on and say good riddance to PD. They seem to get worse as time goes on.

Rant over.

I had the same problem

You think that’s BAD? Try doing the circle track for FIA, and on the green flag drop 1-2 went WAY ahead of the group, and the rest of us? Well the rest of us had our cars flipped backwards and starting in R. Wtf. Started 17th. Ended up in 15th battling with a member from here (can’t remember his name, but he made a thread here recently about changing his name.)
Yeah, really awesome race PD. Failure.

This happened to me in both cup races tonight. Manufacturer Cup, half the field started facing the pits or facing backwards. Nation's Cup, the top 10 started half a lap ahead of the rest of the field.

Also, in the Nation's Cup race my car was on SS tires while the rest of the field were on racing slicks. Glitch city!!

EVERY single FIA race I tried over the course of the last 3 days has this same irritating bug that all other cars but my own stall at the start of the race. Check out this video (from 14:10 on in case the link starts at the beginning).

It's crazy. Where can we report these problems? There was a thread on the official forums for the 1st beta not sure if there was one for the 2nd. Can't find one for the full game.

Will they even listen to us or continue to make small adjustments to things that don't matter, like making the power and weight upgrade into a very useful circle.

We were all scared yesterday in the Nations Cup race in North America. I was in the second race with S/A/B drivers and right after qualy, we had a message saying: The race has been canceled. And a few seconds later, the countdown restarted and we had a fun race in the Aston. (Threw my car in the gravel :( and dropped from 12th to 17th though)

We just have to remember: it's a test season.

There was a difference in times in the betas too. You could never reach your practice session time, only get kinda close, forget about matching it unless it wasn't your best lap.

I've seen a similar bug relating to the starting grid in Sport Mode, but I'm afraid to say what triggered it because of - lets call them no so nice people - and I don't want others ruining races for others, so hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Jerome

Last edited:
Yes there is but you would not see light damage only heavy.
There's a little "car" between the tire wear indicator that flashes when there's damage. I just noticed it yesterday when practicing for the Vantage race. Hit the wall in the chicane and was very slow on the straight after the tight left hairpin. I had some red flashing and as soon as it stopped there was an immediate increase in power. I didn't look to see if damage was on for practice or the race but there was a noticeable effect regardless.

Rant over.

I think it's the performance lag from GT5 back again.

It was more the grid getting stuck I was more interested in sorry.

I should have elaborated on the change in handling and said that I understand how thos happens but wasn't expecting it to happen in GTS.

What happens is similar to what happens in GT6 when you are choosing how many stars to give a lobby. Every time you drop a star it will take an amount of quality away from the lobby, that also counts for the cars physics, it will all be diluted. I notice this a bit more than my online friends as I use less stable cars, the cars tighten up. Then there's the drop in framerate which happened on GT6 which I was always very sensitive to. I could go into a 3 star room from a 5 star and just not be competitive at all for maybe an hour til I got used to it.

So we are probably getting something similar in GTS, but the stars or quality is being set by PD i.e lowered.

Back