Bugs Bugs Bugs | Stuck on grid | Visabillity | Random map changes | Random PS menu changes

GTP_Dutchy

WRS Steward
Premium
Netherlands
Somewhere in the cloud
GTP_Dutchy
Guys

As you can see in the title I've got some issues with the game, I hope i can solve them with your help or get them to PD.

So first things first. Does anyone know how to report bugs to Polyphony Digital?
I got a combination of bugs which make the game next to unplayable for me.

First of it's the visabillity issues in online lobbies. Lately I've had visabillity issues 8 out of 10 times (i can't see certain drivers in the lobby and they can't see me) ussually resulting in me and/or them getting stuck on grid.

I know there are somethings that can be done to improve but nothing helps. Wiring my PS4, Moving the ps4 to DMZ, Clearing caches everytime, I also measured my internet connection whilest trying to connect and throughout the issues. Ping and MS keep stable and low, enough bandwith available. No other internetconnection issues

I think there's nothing more I can do on my end to get this sorted out. The thing that bums me most about this is that this is a bug that has been in PD's netcode since the early days of GT6 that's been 5 years of cripple online experiences. I remember we had a great GTPLanet endurace series which also got crippled by visabillity issues and random room blow ups.

But even if i get lucky and can start the race i got the thrustmaster bug that got incorperated in one of the updates which causes me to get flicked to playstation menu at random moments. next to that i can't leave my fuel, TC or BB map on the crossbar menu because the game makes random adjustsments to it at random times.

I've been a huge fan of the series since the beginning but my patience is wearing thin and my ethousiasm is evolving into sheer frustration with the game and how PD handles these things.

If I put things into order. I bought a ps4, i had to buy a new wheel since the g27 didn't work on the ps4 and I had to buy the game. thats a quick estimate ~700 euro's invested. To make it an easy calculation i've left upgrading internet, routers and wiring out of the equasion. Just to experience that PD can't resolve a bug that's been around for more than 5 years.

you could argue that buying a new wheel didn't have anything to do with PD. But when i bought it i explicitly chose a wheel which was "supported" by them.

I just want to be able to race with my friends in the WRS here on GTplanet.

For this moment i will not go into detail how the above has degraded my opninion in PD. But come on 700 euro's for an uplayable game.

I used to have the issues you're having with your thrustmaster....screenshots halfway through races and changes to TC and fuel mapping.

Someone suggested having a go at plugging it into my laptop and upgrading the firmware to the latest version.

Others have said they've done this and nothing changes but I gave it a go and have had no issues at all with my wheel since.

If you haven't done this already I would suggest giving it a go.

The Thrustmaster issue is not a game bug and is normally a bad connection between wheel and base unit of wheel. There are a lot of people who have had this and have fixed it by tightening up various bolts. Seems that with racing the wheel moves a little and loses contact on one connection. Nothing to do with the game itself apart from it vibrating the wheel.

The first problem seems very much to be internet connection related. We have 18meg internet here and PS4 is hard wired directly to router. Never had an issue like you describe in the game.

Bottom line does not appear to be a game issue at all. That is, no bugs at all.

CJ

The Thrustmaster issue is not a game bug and is normally a bad connection between wheel and base unit of wheel. There are a lot of people who have had this and have fixed it by tightening up various bolts. Seems that with racing the wheel moves a little and loses contact on one connection. Nothing to do with the game itself apart from it vibrating the wheel.

The first problem seems very much to be internet connection related. We have 18meg internet here and PS4 is hard wired directly to router. Never had an issue like you describe in the game.

Bottom line does not appear to be a game issue at all. That is, no bugs at all.

CJ
The first one has been tried many times. Also in the group I race with this is a common thing amongst the thrustmaster players both t150 and t300 they've tried tightening aswell. Besides that its wierd that nobody had this issue before a certain update came out and then all of the sudden everybody start complaing about it. Next to that its the same 3 buttons which generate random inputs for everyone. Also it doesnt generate the random inputs in other games. If it were bad connections it would do it in other games as well. So it is a game issue.

2nd i switched isps and medium adsl to cable issue persitst. Like i said i've measured the connection nothing seems off. Had contact with both isps they cant find anything aswell. Also like i said its been around only in gt since gt6. There are multiple people suffering from this also people with good or highgrade connections. So again its not entirely up to the connection you can do a lot of things yourself to improve the situation but it also depends on other factors such as but not limited to others connections to the lobbies. I.E. If those are flawed you'll end up the same aswell. And a big part of that is how the netcode is build up.

Last edited:
The first one has been tried many times. Also in the group I race with this is a common thing amongst the thrustmaster players both t150 and t300 they've tried tightening aswell. Besides that its wierd that nobody had this issue before a certain update came out and then all of the sudden everybody start complaing about it. Next to that its the same 3 buttons which generate random inputs for everyone. Also it doesnt generate the random inputs in other games. If it were bad connections it would do it in other games as well. So it is a game issue.

This does not seem to stack up with reports on this forum. I own a T300RS so watch comments on it very carefully. I have seen a VERY SMALL number of comments from people since they started playing GTS that the game will occasionally flip to the options menu. I have also seen reports of tightening up the internal bolts in the wheel fix the problem, indeed I have seen talk of people use slightly longer bolts too to fix the issue. Not seen ANY reports of button pressing causing the issue. I have also only seen reports where the options menu pops up. I only monitor this forum.

Same thing happens on PC2:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37406-t300-spooky&highlight=t300

CJ

This does not seem to stack up with reports on this forum. I own a T300RS so watch comments on it very carefully. I have seen a VERY SMALL number of comments from people since they started playing GTS that the game will occasionally flip to the options menu. I have also seen reports of tightening up the internal bolts in the wheel fix the problem, indeed I have seen talk of people use slightly longer bolts too to fix the issue. Not seen ANY reports of button pressing causing the issue. I have also only seen reports where the options menu pops up. I only monitor this forum.

Same thing happens on PC2:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37406-t300-spooky&highlight=t300

CJ

Thanks for thinking along with me on this one. The thing i find strange about all this is that. Nobody in our group had wheel issues before the update. Now there's been an update and all of the sudden my screws are loose. I see logic in that.

Anyway ive got the rim of again and the base of the wheel stand cleaned and tightened it again. Also did an update as @Mat73 suggested. Anyhow theres no way im going to screw my base open to change or tighten anything.

Specially since i dont see any correlation between how my bolts an screws are tightened and the postupdate button presses i have. Next to that the wheel works fine on every other game and system.

So i have a very hard time believing its anything other that the gt update thats causing this.

I did not suggest opening the base just removing the steering wheel from the base and tighten the bolts on that taking it off the base reveal

There are vids on you tube and various forum discussions about it.

Finally I don't see how it can be GTS if the same issues occur on PC2 as per the link

Major post in the hardware section of this forum about it:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/thrustmaster-t300rs-random-button-presses-issue.364206/

Also here:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/thrustmaster-rim-wobble-known-issue.137246/
and here:

CJ

Last edited:
So first things first. Does anyone know how to report bugs to Polyphony Digital?

They won't want to talk to you BUT they do skulk around here and read what is going on though ;-)

I got a combination of bugs which make the game next to unplayable for me.

To preempt what is coming a lot of us have the same issues. They also vary from week to week.

First of it's the visabillity issues in online lobbies. Lately I've had visabillity issues 8 out of 10 times (i can't see certain drivers in the lobby and they can't see me) ussually resulting in me and/or them getting stuck on grid.

I know there are somethings that can be done to improve but nothing helps. Wiring my PS4, Moving the ps4 to DMZ, Clearing caches everytime, I also measured my internet connection whilest trying to connect and throughout the issues. Ping and MS keep stable and low, enough bandwith available. No other internetconnection issues

But it is not just your connection, it is the others in your group as well. The Game uses P2P and so everyone's net has to be up to scratch.

I think there's nothing more I can do on my end to get this sorted out. The thing that bums me most about this is that this is a bug that has been in PD's netcode since the early days of GT6 that's been 5 years of cripple online experiences. I remember we had a great GTPLanet endurace series which also got crippled by visabillity issues and random room blow ups.
I also agree that PD could make it a lot better though.

But even if i get lucky and can start the race i got the thrustmaster bug that got incorperated in one of the updates which causes me to get flicked to playstation menu at random moments. next to that i can't leave my fuel, TC or BB map on the crossbar menu because the game makes random adjustsments to it at random times.

Yep, me too >:-( Some days worse than others and it is triggered by putting a lot of strain on the wheel and when it flexes it causes a bad connection at the PS2 conector. I have slightly bent the pins so they put more sideways pressure on the contacts and this has helped. Also remember that the T300 is not analogue but digital. It does not use discreet button presses but sends a coded signal down the wires so any interruption to the code results in these random button presses.

I've been a huge fan of the series since the beginning but my patience is wearing thin and my ethousiasm is evolving into sheer frustration with the game and how PD handles these things.

If I put things into order. I bought a ps4, i had to buy a new wheel since the g27 didn't work on the ps4 and I had to buy the game. thats a quick estimate ~700 euro's invested. To make it an easy calculation i've left upgrading internet, routers and wiring out of the equasion. Just to experience that PD can't resolve a bug that's been around for more than 5 years.

you could argue that buying a new wheel didn't have anything to do with PD. But when i bought it i explicitly chose a wheel which was "supported" by them.

I just want to be able to race with my friends in the WRS here on GTplanet.

For this moment i will not go into detail how the above has degraded my opninion in PD. But come on 700 euro's for an uplayable game.

Yep, fully agree here too. When the game was released the Thrustmaster T300 was the recommended wheel and the one that was fully supported by PD. So yes, I agree that we seem to have been left lacking the after sales support we all deserve but it is not wholly PD's fault, as much as we would like to lay the blame at Kaz's feet ;-)

So where do we go to from here? Easy really, Thrustmaster needs to release an updated PS2 connector for their wheels (preferably free but I would even pay) and PD needs to introduce dedicated servers and get rid of this P2P system and then you can search on lobbies with low ping times. Also by seeing other's ping times you can ask people to leave that are the disruption to the lobby you are in. It also gives these people with bad connections the chance to work on their setup/ISP etc.

You are not alone with these issues and they are more common that what everyone thinks.

Back