Bugs in online lobbies kill the fun

• Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 28 comments

zzz_pt

Premium
Germany
Porto living in Hamburg
zzz_pt
Today I've found 3 new (to me) annoying bugs.

After some attempts at joining a lobby, I restarted the game. Joined the lobby. Waited 17m for the race to start (was on pole) and when the red lights go out, my car is stuck. Doesn't move off the grid... Great...

Joined another lobby, did a qualifying lap, race starts and here I go, with no FFB on my wheel (it felt like I was turning a boat with no FFB and had to turn way too much in order to make a corner...) and full automatic gears (at least upshifting).

I've been trying to do some practice races for the FIA and it's just impossible. So many bugs it's not even funny. I cleaned the cache before all this BTW.

Am I the only one experiencing these 3 bugs? Is there a workaround?

After some attempts at joining a lobby, I restarted the game. Joined the lobby. Waited 17m for the race to start (was on pole) and when the red lights go out, my car is stuck. Doesn't move off the grid... Great...

Joined another lobby, did a qualifying lap, race starts and here I go, with no FFB on my wheel (it felt like I was turning a boat with no FFB and had to turn way too much in order to make a corner...) and full automatic gears (at least upshifting).

I've been trying to do some practice races for the FIA and it's just impossible. So many bugs it's not even funny. I cleaned the cache before all this BTW.

Hey Z, well the 1st bug you mentioned happens all the time since the last update, super annoying and a real off turner.
Almost every lobby I join it happens.
The other 2 bugs, I at least haven’t encountered or heard off, so I can’t say if it’s a common bug or not. I‘m on a t150 and I never ever had a bug on it.
I just hope PD rolls out an emergency update immediately. I don’t care about new tracks or Cars. I just want them to fix these stupid bugs. I mean after almost a year it’s still not fixed halfway, the opposite is the fact. Incomprehensible to me.
#Amateurs :lol:

I had assumed the cars you see stuck on the grid were being penalized for false starts. Is that not the case?
No, you get stuck no matter what you do. The red lights/countdown doesn't sequence and you're just stuck. In rolling starts the AI will autodrive for you

@zzz_pt I've experienced the same especially point 2, however the latter is at least manageable. I don't know why, but at random times GTS will forget FFB exists and make the steering wheel really hard to turn and give little steering angle. Luckily all you need to do is to replug the USB of the wheel to the PS4

Also noticed (don't know if it's already discussed here) that the miles you drive in a lobby are gone on the km's in the car. Started a race with 40 km's on the dash.. next race i started again with 40 km's. So they didn't add up..

Private/friends only lobbies are seemingly more bug-free than open lobbies. I've raced in private lobbies since the game came out and only seen 3 bugs in that time, with the most recent being on sunday.

No, you get stuck no matter what you do. The red lights/countdown doesn't sequence and you're just stuck. In rolling starts the AI will autodrive for you

@zzz_pt I've experienced the same especially point 2, however the latter is at least manageable. I don't know why, but at random times GTS will forget FFB exists and make the steering wheel really hard to turn and give little steering angle. Luckily all you need to do is to replug the USB of the wheel to the PS4
This is caused by an incompatibility with another player in the lobby. If it happens to you all the time then your connection is the issue. As for the FFB. Has never happened to me.

This is caused by an incompatibility with another player in the lobby. If it happens to you all the time then your connection is the issue. As for the FFB. Has never happened to me.
What steps do I need to take to clarify this problem? I have NAT Type 2, a wired connection, and did that port forwarding thing already

I also delete online temporary data on a regular basis

What steps do I need to take to clarify this problem? I have NAT Type 2, a wired connection, and did that port forwarding thing already

What is your mbps? Is it at least over 20

Last night, I finally got to witness how uh... "drunk" the rolling starts are. Race started like maybe 30 meters behind the start line in a grid start, and I immediately overtook first, and then auto-drive turned on and drove us around the course. Not gonna lie, I kinda laughed instead of got irritated. :lol:

Last night, I finally got to witness how uh... "drunk" the rolling starts are. Race started like maybe 30 meters behind the start line in a grid start, and I immediately overtook first, and then auto-drive turned on and drove us around the course. Not gonna lie, I kinda laughed instead of got irritated. :lol:
If you are referring to the rolling starts not working then I have a fix for you. Delete your saved lobby settings. Make new ones and save those. Your rolling starts will work again.

Sometimes leaving the lobby and coming back in will fix it. Sometimes. The person your having problems with will not be able to see you on the track either. You will not see them. Then you know who it is. If you are using a cell phone as a wireless hotspot that could be your problem. We had that problem with one member using a cell phone as a hot spot. He switched to regular internet and all is good.

If you are referring to the rolling starts not working then I have a fix for you. Delete your saved lobby settings. Make new ones and save those. Your rolling starts will work again.
Uhhhhh, even if it isn’t my own lobby?

Mmm

I race in private leagues and the online is plagued with bugs..

I got a 100mb fiber connection, wired, Google dns, fixed IP address and gateway open.

GTS is the only game that gives me problems..

-Stuck on grid in starts
-autopilot not disengaging in rolling starts
-people on track that don't see each other
-keep stuck in pit

That are real game breakers ..

The sport mode lobbies at opposite are working perfectly and even with bad connections as we talked once about with the members of our league.

Sure that PD has to fix quite some things

That would be my quess to your problem.
Sorry, I just recofonfirmed my internet with my dad. It's apparently 15mbps, is that good enough? He offered to up the internet to 32, but that's definitely not on my options since I don't want him to spend more just for GTS
Sometimes leaving the lobby and coming back in will fix it. Sometimes. The person your having problems with will not be able to see you on the track either. You will not see them. Then you know who it is. If you are using a cell phone as a wireless hotspot that could be your problem. We had that problem with one member using a cell phone as a hot spot. He switched to regular internet and all is good.
We have cable internet, so there's that. I try to restart everything when I get stuck like that, but it only works 10-20% of the time :(

Sorry, I just recofonfirmed my internet with my dad. It's apparently 15mbps, is that good enough? He offered to up the internet to 32, but that's definitely not on my options since I don't want him to spend more just for GTS

It should be just fine at 15 mbps if you only run GTS and turn off the WiFi to all other devices when you play. Multiple devices will make that number drop and so will using the chat through the PS4. No live streaming while playing either.

The more you can do to keep that number higher the better off you are but 15 mbps is plenty fast enough to play GTS.

It should be just fine at 15 mbps if you only run GTS and turn off the WiFi to all other devices when you play. Multiple devices will make that number drop and so will using the chat through the PS4. No live streaming while playing either.

The more you can do to keep that number higher the better off you are but 15 mbps is plenty fast enough to play GTS.
I turn off the Wi-Fi on all my devices when I start playing, so our Wi-Fi when I play is only usually shared across 3-4 devices (and mostly just light stuff). I have a big emphasis livestreaming part, making sure not to only stop youtube, but close the app itself to make sure it doesn't sap some of that speed

I turn off the Wi-Fi on all my devices when I start playing, so our Wi-Fi when I play is only usually shared across 3-4 devices (and mostly just light stuff). I have a big emphasis livestreaming part, making sure not to only stop youtube, but close the app itself to make sure it doesn't sap some of that speed

Your good then I can't think of anything else. Your doing all the necessary things to insure your mbps doesn't drop.
I know I've never had an issue with you so it might not be on your end at all.

Hey Z, well the 1st bug you mentioned happens all the time since the last update, super annoying and a real off turner.
Almost every lobby I join it happens.

Even though it was extremely difficult to even start a race the other day, it was still good to finally meet you on the track, mate.

Before you arrived, there were only 5 of us and after 3 or 4 attempts, we finally had an actual race that didn't have to be restarted due to glitches.

Once we went to NurbGP, I saw you get punted and assumed you wouldn't be back, haha....don't worry I got punted shortly after on the very next lap. Maybe next time I'll make the grid 'fastest first' and we'll avoid the demolition derby. At least we both had one good race and one win each. After you left, more people showed up and we had a couple more races....mostly good, but still a little dirty. At one point it was a full lobby and half of the drivers were A/S or A+/S, which is impressive to me, considering I quit racing in most open lobbies quite some time ago because of the difference in skill/experience.

Looking forward to our next race :cheers::gtpflag:

I also get the 'quit' issue just before a game starts. Anybody else have it bomb out just as the game starts?

That's very interesting and I will have to try it out again.

Online lobbies are terrible.... hope PD fixes this soon...

Nothing takes the wind out of your sails like spending months working on new leagues only to find out that the lobbies are in worse shape than when the game was first released. All people want to do is have fun racing against each other in a game that promoted online racing heavily before its release. Only to find out it's still riddled with the same online problems as past GT titles.

Oh but now you have to pay to play for those same problems.

Last edited:
Even though it was extremely difficult to even start a race the other day, it was still good to finally meet you on the track, mate.

Before you arrived, there were only 5 of us and after 3 or 4 attempts, we finally had an actual race that didn't have to be restarted due to glitches.

Once we went to NurbGP, I saw you get punted and assumed you wouldn't be back, haha....don't worry I got punted shortly after on the very next lap. Maybe next time I'll make the grid 'fastest first' and we'll avoid the demolition derby. At least we both had one good race and one win each. After you left, more people showed up and we had a couple more races....mostly good, but still a little dirty. At one point it was a full lobby and half of the drivers were A/S or A+/S, which is impressive to me, considering I quit racing in most open lobbies quite some time ago because of the difference in skill/experience.

Looking forward to our next race :cheers::gtpflag:
Yes, once we got rid of the glitches it actually was a good race, especially the first one where we had an intense race up until the finish line.
But you know the punters bore me, hehe, so I rather leave than talk it out. It has no nutritional value.
Of course we‘ll meet again. As soon as my Wheel is back from Repair Service, i‘ll Be back( did that sound Arnie Style) , until than Winnie ;)

Back