bumper cars!

  • Thread starter Thread starter GasBreakHonk
  • 19 comments
  • 844 views
Messages
3
anyone other than me ever take a race off, go driving around the wrong direction, and slam into the AI cars at 400mphish closing speeds?
 
"Gas brake honk, gas brake honk, honk honk punch, gas gas gas.." :lol:

Oh, and uh, yeah, sometimes.
 
"tap tap" y u gotta punch me?!?! "punch punch kick slap slam"
don't mind me, im just REALLY bored...
 
Actually, I don't do that in GT3, because there is no car damage. But when I used to play NASCAR'98, I would skip qualifying and start 30th in the pack. I'd run half a lap, then turn around and wail the wrong way. That meant I hit the pack while they were still all bunched up, but moving quickly from the green flag. If I got it right I could destroy the first 6-8 rows, and the rest would all hit each other anyway. That game has serious body damage and there would be parts and wheels flying all over the place, and cars scattered all over.
 
Hehe. Sounds like a good idea for a car damage game.:)
 
My buddy and I tried that during iLINK,... we used a third setup as a broadcast to watch both cars get approx 5 feet of the ground cause the hit was so hard, LOL.
 
How about a GT3 stuntshow. Like jumping over your buds at one of the jumps at the Swiss Alps :D or just barely missing each other while coming at each other :D...
 
Heh. I did the missing thing with one of my friends. We both had Mugen S2000's on Midfield and most of the time we missed hitting head on...
 
I LOVE THE CHICKY RACES!

I was on Trial Mountain Once, and I rammed into a car at the top of the hill (just before the dog-leg) and I flew!

Litterally! I flew!
 
Did any cars pass under you? Once i was rammed on the test course and the car went flying up and just landed the front wing on the tail of the other F1...and i was racing forwards.
 
Hrm, I remember in one race at Trial Mountain the Focus rally car was all hot and bothered. On the last lap I made a good run through the last chicane (the one where hitting the inside of the second part really throws you as you go under the overpass). Apparently he didn't because the Focus flew over my hood, nose down, and I could see almost the whole bottom of the car, except the rear end which went above my windscreen.
 
Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
Did any cars pass under you? Once i was rammed on the test course and the car went flying up and just landed the front wing on the tail of the other F1...and i was racing forwards.

No,... car's CAN'T pass under you. My buddy and I messed with his gameshark once and inputted the "jump" code (hold R2+L2). We came to find out that it's not a jump code at all,.. but a FLY code :D

Saw some excelent aireal views of LSR,... all you gotta do it hold the buttons and the car magically lifts into the air. BUT... your limited to the actual track specifications (you can fly around the track,... but the walls extend upwards (though invisable) into infinity, so while your flying around, your bumping off the walls high in the air. This works the same way with the AI. While I was flying, there were moments when the car jerked and spun away for a moment,.... indicating that the AI below, had run into the exact point below my vehicle,... cause the computer registers where the car is in the enviornment. It see's it as contact.

I've tried accelerating at the AI,. then holding the buttons before he approaches,.. getting the car approx 10 feet of the gorund,.... but the PS/2 still registers the impact,... even though the car 'should be going under you'.

Any one who tries to tell you that they jump their buddies ride while in 2 player,.... if full of hot air ;) Try for yourself ;)

Good lcuk racing:cool:
 
Originally posted by GasBreakHonk
anyone other than me ever take a race off, go driving around the wrong direction, and slam into the AI cars at 400mphish closing speeds?
I do that, lol, it's so fun!:)
 
Oh, RER, the front wing went up (like a wheelie), and i'm pretty sure the back wing went up a little, and then the front wing kind of landed on the back wing (barely) of the other F1...i was coming 3rd before the nudge, then i think i went to 6th when coming back down..so maybe there was a car in front of me already?
 
I never said I had tried to jump over my bud. Just wondering if it could be done though. Might try it anyway by driving the second car to the jump first then using my car to jump over it...
 
I guess the car you were trying to jump over probably would go rolling forward...and your car would go backwards...
 
i jumped a GT40 over another in GT2, and almost got one on GT3 at Seattle...works best on rally courses.
 
I reckon that big jump on Swiss Alps II before the right angle turn would be the best one.
 
If you guys really want to try this,... a good place might be Smokey Mountain,... the big hill right before the left-into the dirt.

I catch all kinds of air off that in my RGT,.... you can TRY to jump another car,.. well,... you'll see ;)
 
Yeh, it's great getting air off that with the Escudo...since rolls are programmed, the car just kind of looks like it's going to roll but doesn't...
 
Back