Bumping, Ramming, and Pushing Tactics

  • Thread starter Thread starter gatzaj1
  • 52 comments
  • 4,271 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
23
Messages
sffsw
they use these tactics in nascar, ive seen bobby labonte nudge someone in the back with a pit-maneuver and got him to slide sideways into the side railing, and block the paths of the oncoming cars. get over it little babies. stop crying about being rammed into the wall. this is REALISTIC, and in real life you WILL be pushed and nudged into the gravel, grass, and sand by real race cars in DTM, F1, etc.

Ramming cars will NEVER go away. its like kids complaining about juggernaut, martyrdom, noob tubes, and m16 overpowered in COD4. these are the Elements of the game. learn to deal with it. i love ramming a car that is trying to over take me in the final seconds of lap three on Daytona hahah, he tried to pass me and ended up doing donuts in the green lawn
 
I give this thread 20 minutes, top.
 
monsieur tu est tres bete, this is my opinion: Ramming is an essential tactic to winning the race, just ask Jeff Gordon or Dale Jr.
 
I don't know where to begin.

You base your logic on Nascar races, which let's face it, is a demolition derby at best.
The fact that you acknowledged you're a dirty racer is brave but quite confusing to me.

I don't know, are you for real?
 
I hope I never have to race you. You sound cut throat like a true nascar champion. I bet you drink pabst blue ribbon and listen to Hank Williams Jr's greatest hits while you race.
I think I'll go ahead and add you to the black list.
 
You could be right if you were speaking of Dale Sr., but you are a complete fool if you think ramming is a real life tactic in F1 or any open wheel racing. Also Nascar frowns on dirty driving anymore and fines the **** out drivers and crews for it. Do your home work before speaking.
 
i watch Nascar every weekend and I see many drivers nudge the guy in front lightly on the side, very lightly, and the guy spins sideways like crazy. SO YES, they DO do it in Nascar, and since we are in AMERICA NASCAR is what WE watch. last time I checked this forum is based in the United States, maybe in your county they race RC toy cars, but in this country we race Chevys on an oval track

btw the best track in GT5 is Daytona because its the most Nascar-esque track in the game.
 
Forget Nascar, that's like the pro wrestling of motorsports. Have you even watched any actual DTM, FIA GT, Super GT, F1, etc. racing. Bumping in road racing is way different than bumping in Nascar. Most of the time cars trade paint in road racing they're doing just that, trading paint. They barely touch each other. In a worst case scenario you might see what happend at the finish of the GT2 class in the Sebring 12 hour race last year (of course you didn't see that did you?), and that wasn't nearly as bad as the stuff idiots like you pull in the game. And in F1 bumping usually ends in disaster.

Go watch some actual racing (NOT NASCRAP) before you open your mouth, and see how it's done.
 
You ram anyone in NASCAR nowadays it's pretty much a 100% chance they will find you, even if they have to wait until the race is over, and they will either ram your car or punch you in the face

Several Examples:



Finding you in street clothes

 
threshold is FLAMING me for calling Nascar "Nascrap". please ban him for flaming this site
 
someone please close this thread
 
Which formerly-banned member is gatzaj?
 
i watch Nascar every weekend and I see many drivers nudge the guy in front lightly on the side, very lightly, and the guy spins sideways like crazy. SO YES, they DO do it in Nascar, and since we are in AMERICA NASCAR is what WE watch. last time I checked this forum is based in the United States, maybe in your county they race RC toy cars, but in this country we race Chevys on an oval track

btw the best track in GT5 is Daytona because its the most Nascar-esque track in the game.

Bumping and nudging is one thing, ramming is another. I've never seen any Nascar racer "ram" anyone without either taking each other out of the race or being penalized badly.

But once again, you bump and rub in open wheel racing you're gonna crash, period.
 
Earth, that first clip is awesome!!!
 
threshold is FLAMING me for calling Nascar "Nascrap". please ban him for flaming this site

I apologize. We as a site, do not like NASCAR as a race series, we frown upon it. We use Nascrap as a joke, reffering to The fact that all you do is go around an oval with 4 turns. The mods also prefer to let the members sort it out, if things get out of hand, they delete the offending posts and tell them off. Here, you do not go crying to mods, you sort it out yourself. Thank you.
 
Alot of the people are proving themselves just as ignorant as the topic creator by agreeing with him that ramming and pushing people out of the way is tolerated and promoted in NASCAR, but the reality is when you do that you won't do it again when someone comes after you.

And comparing rubbing or slight bumping on a wide NASCAR oval is totally different from bumping someone going into a turn on a road course and causing them to go wide into a sand trap losing a ton of time. Any 'bump' done in NASCAR will most likely just send you up the oval a car width so the other guy can get by. That happens maybe once a race, and only the dirty NASCAR racers do this, and that's maybe 5% of them, but they don't do it often because there most likely will be retaliation.

I've seen slight bumps in corners in touring cars and other forms of motorsports where the cars have fenders, so claiming NASCAR is the only motorsport that does it puts you on the level of the topic creator
 
this is REALISTIC, and in real life you WILL be pushed and nudged into the gravel, grass, and sand by real race cars in DTM, F1, etc.


Only in nascar can you intentionally and constantly block somebody. In F1 you are allowed ONE move to 'block' somebody, and if they avoid you're move, and you move to block them again then you're penalized.

Besides, F1 cars try and avoid contact at all costs. Open wheel racing + contact = somebody's gonna get hurt. DTM has a lot of bumping simply because of the nature of the racing and the same with nascar. Bumping in GT5 is no where even close to realistic.
 
Of course there's no contact in other race series... just NASCAR. Those WTCC guys don't ever touch, right? ;)

Please note I'm NOT condoning contact in GT5 online, as the many GTP members who have raced with me will attest to. Just making a point about contact in other race series.
 
I apologize. We as a site, do not like NASCAR as a race series, we frown upon it. We use Nascrap as a joke, reffering to The fact that all you do is go around an oval with 4 turns. The mods also prefer to let the members sort it out, if things get out of hand, they delete the offending posts and tell them off. Here, you do not go crying to mods, you sort it out yourself. Thank you.

Then Drag Racing is the biggest joke of all of motorsports, all you do is just floor the gas pedal, hold the wheel straight and shift gears for 5 seconds

:rolleyes:
 
It is. Heck, even Hammond could do that, and He Couldn't even drive a little formula cup car
 
It is. Heck, even Hammond could do that, and He Couldn't even drive a little formula cup car


haha

I remember a NASCAR hater saying they shouldn't call drag racing 'racing' they should just call it 'drag' lol lol

Do all you close minded NASCAR haters think like this? :lol:
 
I just don't like the fact that someone would compare ramming someone into the wall on GT5 and then try to justify it using real racing as an example.

I raced UMP Modified cars for a long time and if you touched you crashed or lost a lot of spots, then you got into a fight in the pits.

People online in GT have nothing to lose by planting you into a wall or pushing into the rail. Real life racing, you both lose money
 
I don't hate Nascar, it could just use a little bit of change, like 6 gears, better handling, and more tracks, preferably ones that aren't ovals or complete ovals. Nascar has immense possiblility, just needs the right person at the helm.
 
Nascar and Gran Turismo's single player (I'm looking at you, PD) both ought to be shot for helping convince idiots that it's ok to bump someone into the dirt. Burnout is one thing, but GT needs to rise above the arcade style bashing, crashing and bumping. It's time. That may have been OK in 2004, but the console crowd has grown up a bit. At least I hope so.

I've been racing about 5 hours a day online and I'm soooo close to quitting. Most people are trying to race clean, but the occaisional guy who drives online like he's driving GT offline trying to pass 15 cars in 1 lap is killing me.

Forza's community solved this problem (for the most part) long ago with voice chat and educating the idiots. You just don't see it with veteran drivers. Some (not all) of GT's crowd is new to online racing and they drive like they're in a "Pass 15 cars challenge". Where's the patience???? 3 lap races with 16 player single file rolling starts don't help either. People feel too pressured to pass right away. Mostly, I think it's the lack of voice chat. People just feel completely anonymous. There is no sense of community. I've wanted to say, "Hey, thanks for the great race" many times, but there is no easy mechanism to communicate. I'm very close to quitting until they patch in some basic online functionality, that is currently missing.

PD is somewhat responsible for breeding some of these maniac drivers IMO, because of their ridiculous offline "challenges" and the bumper car physics. It's trained a legion of idiots. I'm surprised there are as many clean drivers as there are, so I do have hope for the community. We need a lot of online improvements, but voice chat will be a big help.

In Forza many rooms kick anyone without a mic, because there is no way to communicate.
 
Um... isn't there a Nascar game for people that only like making left hand turns?

Also why are people hating on any type of car??? This is a GT forum people. Every car has potential, it is just up to you to tune it. There is no need to be negative to a car because of where it is made. I am sorry but give me a country that makes (racing) cars and I will give you an example of something quality that has been produced.

If you have something to say then find me on Fuji.
 
i watch Nascar every weekend and I see many drivers nudge the guy in front lightly on the side, very lightly, and the guy spins sideways like crazy. SO YES, they DO do it in Nascar, and since we are in AMERICA NASCAR is what WE watch. last time I checked this forum is based in the United States, maybe in your county they race RC toy cars, but in this country we race Chevys on an oval track

btw the best track in GT5 is Daytona because its the most Nascar-esque track in the game.

"Yee", and indeed, "Haw"

You seem to have a special talent for writing utter drivel, congratulations. I shall be keeping a special eye out for you online. I shall race you, and I shall beat you.
 
Oh dear ....
just another American making a bad name for the US on the internet.

nothing to see here gents, move along.
 
He bases his logic on "NASCAR can do it, so why can't I?" even though intentionally hitting a driver or knowingly causing a crash is a giant black flag, if not outright disqualification...

You're just a poor player, that's it. Nothing more. You're the person who would be losing a bicycle race so you'd put a stick in your opponents spokes and claim a victory. You know the worst part about garbage players like you? You know you suck, you know you have no talent whatsoever, but you're more than OK with taking the victory and claiming to be good. The sort of person who would win something by any means and still have the delusion of your skill got you there. It's just funny, you're the type of person who would slice another drivers tires and then when they couldn't race you'd be the first one to celebrate your "win". By your logic, let's beat up some children. Hey, they're just kids, but that still makes me a tough guy, right?

Grow up.
 
Bump drafting is actually banned in the upcoming Daytona 500... So much for whining...
 
Right, I cant be assed reading all these posts, but from the 1st few he is basing it on NASCAR....

Well all I can say is that this is NOT NASCAR, you dont drive around a boring oval for 500 laps or whatever it is!

And NASCAR is CRAP (I would use a stronger word, but it will just get censored), I mean honestly, all they do is drive round an oval!

Personally I prefer MotoGP to any motorsport, and I tend to dislike F1 because its too "clinical", but NASCAR takes the cake for being the worst and most boring "motorsport" (if you can call it that) in the world!!

Ever wonder why its never been adopted outside the US?? Because its total ****E!! Rally is the best car-based motorsport, then touring cars come 2nd in my opinion.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back