Burn Notice!

  • Thread starter Thread starter V1P3R
  • 13 comments
  • 973 views

V1P3R

(Banned)
Messages
6,310
Burn Notice is a great show with action, wit, sarcasm, humor, and is pretty unpredictable. Stuff is always hitting the fan, but everything gets put into their place. :lol:

burn_notice.jpg


I sucked my dad into liking it too.
 
I started watching it because of OMG Bruce Campbell, and while I contend that that reasoning was perfectly logical, there is actually a very well written and acted show in there. I like how it uses the style of production that CSI: Miami uses (to an extent) as an aid to the shows story rather than fluff (as it is used in CSI: Miami). All of the episodes run like a good heist movie, with action all the time wrapped in wit and good pacing, so there is always something happening but never too much that you get lost. The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't do the mother-son aspect it tries to pull off as well as I would like, though even that isn't bad (just not up to snuff with the excellence that everything else is).
 
I'm jealous how cool he wears those shades considering on almost anyone else they'd be pretty cheezy looking. lol 👍
 
I started watching it because of OMG Bruce Campbell, and while I contend that that reasoning was perfectly logical, there is actually a very well written and acted show in there.

SAME EXACT THING FOR ME!

(why am I yelling?)

God, I love this show. I keep missing the new episodes on Thursday, but Hulu has managed to let me keep up. I love it beyond words... Not just because of Campbell (who is some form of Jesus by the way), but because of the Miami landscape that I know and love, and a genuinely fun/witty sense of humor and action that makes the overall experience intensely enjoyable. I'd say its one of the most underrated shows on television (just like Monk, Psych... Well, the USA channel in general), and I do hope they manage to keep it running for as long as possible.

Although, I have to admit, the cars placed in the show by GM bother me occasionally. The Saab thing from SE2 EP2 was a bit overdone...
 
Although, I have to admit, the cars placed in the show by GM bother me occasionally.
It could be a lot worse. I actually like how it was worked into the show. Like when Bruce Campbell got the new CTS at the end of Season 1, I felt its reason for being put into the show to be completely logical (not just because I wish I could give Bruce Campbell a new CTS).

They could have gone the CSI route and had all of the main characters driving whatever brand GM was trying to push at the time despite the fact that no police department in the world would pay for $50,000 luxury SUVs for all of its agents to drive around in (CSI: Miami = Hummers, CSI: Las Vegas = Yukon Denalis, no one watches CSI: New York). Besides, the main character does drive around in a big monster Dodge Charger, so the influence isn't that noticable unless you are looking for it (us car geeks probably notice these things naturally compared to normal people).
 
The CTS appearance worked well with the debut of the car last year, this Saab one for the new 9-3 (I felt) almost hit you over the head... Especially the way they showed off the wheels/grille. My Mom didn't notice when she watched it, but I caught on right away. Then again, I noticed it was the brand-new 9-3 before they even made a point of it. But that's beside the point...

One thing I do miss though is that they haven't been doing as many "tricks of the trade" things as they used to. Or maybe I'm not noticing it as much anymore. The one with the spray can to smash locks was genius, we used it at work. The crossword puzzle... Not so much.
 
Then again, I noticed it was the brand-new 9-3 before they even made a point of it. But that's beside the point...
Actually, I don't think so. We notice it because we tend to look for such things. The typical viewer (your mom, for example) only notices it in a subliminal way, or not at all. I mean, how many people do you think actually know Saab is a GM brand? I know some pretty smart people who can't see the similarities in the 9-7X and the Bravada, much less the 9-3 and the Malibu.

One thing I do miss though is that they haven't been doing as many "tricks of the trade" things as they used to. Or maybe I'm not noticing it as much anymore.
There was a pretty good one when they were breaking into the defense contractors office about security cameras and line of sight.
 
Actually, after seeing the CTS in this show it's grown on me a bit...
 
Ok, I haven't been keeping up with tv lately, but I just caught up with BN. So, umm... I just watched the Bad Blood episode. Micheal Shanks from Stargate was in it! This show keeps getting more and more AWESOME! WTF! I can't wait to catch the next episode!!!
 
I'm still waiting to see where they take this season. The individual episodes are great, but as for the story arc for this season, I just feel like we're spinning our wheels. Without spoiling anything, however, it looks like we're back on track for this week's episode.
 
Yeah... I'm really gonna miss it. Anyway, the last episode was hilarious!
 
It's on Tonight!!! Can't wait!! :drool:👍
 
Don't get too excited, you can catch most of the shows on the USA website.

BTW, I enjoy the show too.
It just comes on here after my bedtime. (I must be in bed by 10PM as I get up at 4AM.)
 
Back