Bushido Gallery

• Thread starter D2088
  • 50 comments
There isn't an unrealistic photo in the whole batch as far as I can see.

You even made the Halo Mustang look good by shooting it end on and hiding most of the livery :D

11383021236_f4589454dc_c.jpg
Which car is this please? It looks ace.

Thanks Bushido. Another one for my shopping list.

I'm not sure whether you use external post-processing but I really like the depth of field effects you are achieving with these photos.

Thanks guys. Mikey, no post-processing with these. I might occasionally post some edited shots though. I'll usually make a note so people know. That latest muscle car shot is using full 100 aperture. I actually took it with various levels to see which looked best. The lower aperture settings weren't as dramatic looking. Thanks again man.
No problem just keep the great shots coming. I only just discovered the aperture control in photomode last night and worked out how you did it. Thanks for the tips.

Thanks guys for the comments, and to Fezz for the heads-up on the T10 shot. I rarely read through that stuff so I might never have noticed. Been having a rough time lately getting shots I like. I've taken and deleted a ton lately. Here's the only two new photos I have right now. Might enter one or both for the weekly T10 comp. Although I'd guess most won't like the settings in the Cuda shot.

11921320203_3ff0a57d4f_c.jpg

11866199254_c05dfd790f_c.jpg

That Cuda is a boatload of goodness, nice work.

That's incredible...how did you get that shot, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks Minty. It was taken on the Test Track inside one of the warehouses. Just drive parallel to one of the wide openings. From there it's all about positioning and settings. Typically you need a fair amount of contrast to black out the background. The effect will be different for each car depending on the type of paint used. For this shot I used a variant of the brass paint. I originally went for a full color shot but the b&w looked more dramatic. It's a style of photo I've done for a while now. I'm a minimalist at heart and love photos without any background distractions.

Thanks Minty. It was taken on the Test Track inside one of the warehouses. Just drive parallel to one of the wide openings. From there it's all about positioning and settings. Typically you need a fair amount of contrast to black out the background. The effect will be different for each car depending on the type of paint used. For this shot I used a variant of the brass paint. I originally went for a full color shot but the b&w looked more dramatic. It's a style of photo I've done for a while now. I'm a minimalist at heart and love photos without any background distractions.

Cool, thanks, I'll have to play around some more in the warehouses. I've taken a couple shots using a similar method, and I've been experimenting with different locations, but I never thought to use the lighting in the warehouses for that, just the closed hangar since there's not as much ambient lighting to worry about. I need to start using better paints for it, as well.

Latest Posts

Back