ButtKicker Gamer2 in UK?

• Thread starter Sunbeam
  • 17 comments
Wales
Wales UK
Hi,

I'd like to buy a ButtKicker Gamer2, I thought this would be easy.
Looked on Ebay, nothing, looked on the net, shops I found weren't allowed to show the pics!!
Amazon UK want almost £400 for the single item listed !!

I assume they are not distributed in the UK and are very rare here, or hard to find and/or expensive?
They seem to be $150 in the US?

Would this do the same job?
http://www.shakercentre.co.uk/aspbi...sp?intProductsID=137&content=gamer_rs_kit#137

Any help please?
Thanks.
:-)

Last edited:
come on guys, surly somebody can give me some sort of info. Even to tell me if the company above is reputable to deal with. If they are, I'll just buy their gear, I'm not fussed as long as I get rumble in my seat!

I also looked at the end of last year but they look like they've been unavailable for a while.

However I wouldn't pay that sort of money, it's a complete ripoff as they sold here for £150. You could probably import cheaper yourself from the US.

You can still get a buttkicker mini so that could be an option?

Edit: There is only this site: https://www.networkmusic.biz/~networ26/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=62

The Gamer2 and Simulation Kits are currently undergoing a major upgrade for the UK market and we will post an update on availabilty as soon as we have more information.

The BKA-1000-N is scheduled to arrive sometime in May. This means the LFE Kit should also be available again at that time, but more information will be posted when known.

Keep the faith!
No idea when that was posted though

Last edited:
Seems Buttkicker Gamer2 is a no go in the UK for now, and expensive! Seems nobody has them in stock.

Last edited:
Hi,

I'd like to buy a ButtKicker Gamer2, I thought this would be easy.
Looked on Ebay, nothing, looked on the net, shops I found weren't allowed to show the pics!!
Amazon UK want almost £400 for the single item listed !!

I assume they are not distributed in the UK and are very rare here, or hard to find and/or expensive?
They seem to be $150 in the US?

Would this do the same job?
http://www.shakercentre.co.uk/aspbi...sp?intProductsID=137&content=gamer_rs_kit#137

Any help please?
Thanks.
:-)
I have that setup and it's ideal for tactile.

The issue you may have with the app you picked up is that it's unlikely to handle true LFE, as that's normally only found on dedicated sub woofer or tactile amps. As such you may not get the same level of bass rumble as the shaker is capable of handling.

Review and write up of the RS kit

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/tactile-review-reckhorn-2-1-bs-200-kit.353088/

Last edited:
Hi,

It'll be 'Y'ed' directly from the audio out put channel of the TV. So the 5.1 speakers are on one side of the 'Y', and the transducer will be on the other.

It's all being run on PCars and PS4, so we will see how it all works out. If it works, I'll get a second transducer and put it under the pedals :D. I'll turn the balance so the seat has lots of feedback, and the pedals, not so much.

OK, little update.

In regards to the quoted shop in my first post, Shakercenter, they still haven't got back to me. So that's about 4 days! I must admit, I did start the email with a moan about having to give ALL my details about myself just so I could fill out their email form to ask a simple question. The website has no phone number or direct email, but we have to give ALL our info about us (name, number, company name, address) to ask them a question!

I don't like that and make of it what you will. So I looked for another solution.

My 50 watt transducer turned up from Amazon UK today, £57 delivered in 2 days.
IMG_2668.JPG

I've just been ripped off on Ebay, the amp I'd bought to run this transducer was second hand, it was bought as new !!!

I hate dishonest Ebeyers, and this came from Germany, so the return postage will be horrific!!!!!

Now need to find another 50 watt RMS amp :-(

I've just been ripped off on Ebay, the amp I'd bought to run this transducer was second hand, it was bought as new !!!

I hate dishonest Ebeyers, and this came from Germany, so the return postage will be horrific!!!!!

Now need to find another 50 watt RMS amp :-(
Take a look at dedicated sub / tactile amps, that way you will get all the low end. Standard amps just don't always go low enough.

Hi, Do you have any idea where to start looking? I'm really struggling on an amp. RicherSounds say all they have is a Yamaha for £160.

Hi, Do you have any idea where to start looking? I'm really struggling on an amp. RicherSounds say all they have is a Yamaha for £160.
The shaker centre, I used them for my stuff and I believe they s ll the reckhorn 2.1 amp as a standalone.

LOL, funny you should say that.

After 2 whole days of pulling my hair out trying to find another amp, I decided to just buy the amp you said above, just before I read your reply. I even got it from the shop you said, even though they still haven't replied to my original email!!

I can't say I'm happy about them not replying and they are going to have to deliver me a really nice, shop fresh, unopened amp in good time for me to reconsider my opinion.

It would seem amps to run these transducers are VERY hard to find and they WILL cost about £150 !

Fingers crossed :)

IMG_2731.JPG
IMG_2732.JPG

The amp turned up yesterday, so I'm happy about that. It looks and feels of very good quality and was delivered very well packed. On the face of it, this amp seems expensive when you consider you can buy a 'proper' Yamaha music home entertainment amp for the same money. The down side for me with these bigger amps is size and extra complexity. I bought a very nice Yamaha music system the other day for awesome gaming sounds, the music system cost as much as my Fanatec wheel !! The problem is, the amp on the music side is massive, and I just don't want another lump that big!

This little transducer amp (that's all I'm using it for) is the perfect size with no complicated options, buttons, screen etc etc and is well powerful enough for my 50watt transducer. We will see how it all works together in a few days when the wires turn up :)

OK, had a chance to use this system now.

I've never had a transducer, so can't compare it to anything else.

The kicker is fairly strong, but obviously works on the sound track in the game, so if a rumble strip has little bass sound programmed in, the kicker will not be as strong as you'd expect.

I guess the kicker adds something extra and you'd always want to know if you didn't have one.

so is it any good? I don't know !

Is it worth all the agro and cost, I doubt it !

Back