buttkicker settings for gt4 and gt5p

• Thread starter bevo
  • 18 comments

bevo

Premium
GTP_bevofrancis
bevo francis
what are the best settings on you're buttkicker you how found to use with gt4, and gt5p. mine just doesn't feel right with gt4, and i figured i would go ahead and ask for gt5p to prevent starting another thread when i get it.

i use the amp that came with it and my signal is coming straight from my tv. i split the signal before it gets to the surround sound. for some reason though my splitter cancels out the dolby and turns it into stereo. my tv only has one out and my surround has none that doesn't make you use the surround sounds volume.

the wind in gt4 is overwhelming the buttkicker, it vibrates so much that it drowns out everything else. it's hard to tinker with the settings by yourself, so i was wondering if anyone has already perfected it. it would save me alot of getting in and out of my chair for each little tweak i make to the amp. volume setting, frequency cutoff number, etc..

Well, I doubt that many people here will be running a buttkicker, so getting others to help will be a problem. I don't have one either, but I know it and I have run smaller "bass pumps" with Gran Turismo.

The problem is that you have to put up with what the game offers you, and as wind noise is dominant in the game, you can't just filter that out. The only thing you can try is to use a different view in the game to minimise wind noise, but that's not really an option I suppose.

thanks anyway. it works great with forza 2 and need for speed, really just about all games i have tried. gt4 does have alot louder wind though. hopefully it's toned down it gt5p. if you own a wheel and cockpit i would recommend you get one. you can get one for about 50 bucks u.s.. i did notice that it seems like most the people in here use an lfe but it's about 500$ to get it going.

bevo; I brought up this issue in another Buttkicker thread. The wind noise in GT4, which I always thought was a great effect, pretty much makes the Buttkicker useless.

GT5P seems to have less wind noise (judging by the demo), so may work better.

The Buttkicker works pretty well with F1:CE & it works brilliantly with the off-road buggies in Dirt (I only have the demo) - give it a try...

Maybe you can, but bass is bass, and if the bass in the game is generated by the engine and the wind, how will the buttkicker know which bass to play and which not to play? :sly:

Maybe you can, but bass is bass, and if the bass in the game is generated by the engine and the wind, how will the buttkicker know which bass to play and which not to play? :sly:

Dont you play GT? You should be used to making many small adjustments untill you find the perfect settup by now. :)

The only thing I would suggest trying is to put a graphic equaliser in the signal path, one which allows adjustablility across a large number of freqency ranges. It may be that you can isolate and eliminate the range better this way than with the Gamer amp which only allows more basic tuning.

The only thing I would suggest trying is to put a graphic equaliser in the signal path, one which allows adjustablility across a large number of freqency ranges. It may be that you can isolate and eliminate the range better this way than with the Gamer amp which only allows more basic tuning.

Good idea. Look on ebay for a cheap equaliser.

that is a good idea. i probably have one lying around the house somewhere.

I just purchased GT5:P on Friday and can't get the Buttkicker LFE to react to anything from the vehicles. Very strange since it'll shake to the music from the game but not the cars. Anyone else with this problem find a solution?

I've got optical out from the PS3 to the receiver, then subwoofer output from the receiver to the buttkicker amp.

Hi, it might be that the frequencies being generated aren't low enough or strong enough. Two options that you have to test this:

i. Turn the music off in-game and increase the gain (signal strength/volume) to the sub out assuming that this is adjustable.

ii. Trying the phono out from the PS3 rather than the optical, split as suggested in the manual and feed it into the Buttkicker amp. If this works, it maybe that the frequencies generated aren't low enough to be handled effectively through your sub output (the crossover frequency for the sub may be too low and therefore isn't carrying the signal range you're interested in amplifying).

Options to rectify the situation would depend on the results from the above.

I'm assuming that you are using an acitve rather than passive subwoofer.

ericleroi, thanks for responding. You were correct in that the frequencies were improperly set.
After reading your post I decided to check my receiver manual again. There is an option to set the front speakers bass frequency to "large" or "small". By selecting "small", it redirected more bass frequency to the subwoofer output.

Fixed... my butt is rumbling again. Thanks!

Hi Fahim, an AV amp with an optical input may be the most suitable to do this, one which has a Subwoofer output. For a passive sub output you can feed directly into the Buttkicker amp, for an active output you could drive directly from the amp. Be careful though if you're using a Gamer unit as the impedance is rated at 2 Ohms. It's probably best to stick with the standard connection method.

Back