Buy two the same cars?

• Thread starter oops
  • 32 comments
danny001
Hello everyone, now that the PSVR2 is out I'm getting back into GT7 (which I love) but I'm trying to win the 350PP clubman cup event at Goodwood using Exeter's tuning setups for the mini but I have already modified my mini copper s 65 with stage 3 weight reduction and now I can't get the car under 350pp and as far as I know I can't undue the weight reductions so can I buy another mini copper s 65 and start again ?

I have two of the same car in many instances and with some, I have 3+. I have different setups for each with one usually being fully modified. Some others, I have a stock version (perhaps mildly modified) and others I have set up for a series I might create in Custom races (e.g. TransAm) and so on.

....so yeah, as many as you want as JC mentioned. :)

Hello everyone, now that the PSVR2 is out I'm getting back into GT7 (which I love) but I'm trying to win the 350PP clubman cup event at Goodwood using Exeter's tuning setups for the mini but I have already modified my mini copper s 65 with stage 3 weight reduction and now I can't get the car under 350pp and as far as I know I can't undue the weight reductions so can I buy another mini copper s 65 and start again ?
Have you tried adding ballast, using a power restrictor, and/or adjusting the power output via the ECU to get back under 350pp?

I have two copies of cars which have an engine swap available (e.g. the RX7 or the BMW CSL) or if a tune works better with a wide body and I care about the "original" (e.g. most 911).

Have you tried adding ballast, using a power restrictor, and/or adjusting the power output via the ECU to get back under 350pp?
Not sure of the weight difference from stock to stage 3 weight reduction, but wouldn’t it be cheaper to install ballast and add the weight back?
Hi guys and thanks for the replies, I have tried this way but still can't get any where near the cars on track, one other thing is where do I buy a mini, I have had a look at the second hand market but I can't find one :)

Hi guys and thanks for the replies, I have tried this way but still can't get any where near the cars on track, one other thing is where do I buy a mini, I have had a look at the second hand market but I can't find one :)

The mini cooper is in the used car dealer and they rotate. You’ll just have to watch for it to return!

Last edited:
Not sure of the weight difference from stock to stage 3 weight reduction, but wouldn’t it be cheaper to install ballast and add the weight back?
I was installing a @praiano tune on a car and accidentally added stage 4 weight reduction instead of stopping at 3.
I added ballast to match the tune's weight and the PP was quite a bit higher. I had to lower the ECU to get the correct PP and it reduced the power and performance. I guess this could vary with different cars.

Op you can buy as many of the same car as you want.

I have
20 - P1 GTR's
20 - Samba Bus
20 - Jeeps
20 - 500 F 68
6 - F1 GTR's 95'
10 - Corvette C8 2020
10 - Viper GTS 2002
15 - X-Bow R
5 - GT 2017

Yeah I know. :embarrassed:
Your wallet:

1677103405216.jpeg

I have 11 Celica GT-FOURs for… reasons. :lol:

Get as many of any car as you want, but to save credits you could also look into a ballast or power limiter, or maybe harder tires to reduce the PP.

I struggled a bit with this one too until I figured out the ai is grossly cheating the red mini uses turbo and sports soft tires with no PP penalty so the way to beat this with ease without hitting the PP limit is to use nox on a stock mini and some better tires :)

The first time I get a car I keep it stock and just change the livery. It's the car that will get used in random stock online races.

The second car will be my tuned-up wide-body car.

One stock, one 'racing', one 'wide'.
This, for those cars you know you’ll use frequently for various races with different restrictions. Sometimes just changing the bolt-on parts or setting sheet just isn’t viable.
There are about a dozen or so cars I have 3 or 4 of because they are so versatile for various events or just a blast to drive in various forms.
1 stock with nothing but bolt-on parts that can be removed or adjusted as needed to meet a multitude of different event restrictions.
1 that is fully built for performance in unrestricted PP events.
1 that is fully built plus widebody and aggressive aero parts for even more enjoyment.
1 that is swapped (for those that allow engine swaps).

I struggled a bit with this one too until I figured out the ai is grossly cheating the red mini uses turbo and sports soft tires with no PP penalty so the way to beat this with ease without hitting the PP limit is to use nox on a stock mini and some better tires :)
Thanks so much for this information it made the difference 👍

Ive tried that few times and realized it was holding me back economicly I whish one could revert car to standard without it cost a ton of money.... :(
I have 20 of alot of cars and also continue to buy new cars and I conserve my credits as I'm sitting at 99M right now and have bought over 30 cars since yesterday.

Do you have a system that you follow with your credits?

I have 20 of alot of cars and also continue to buy new cars and I conserve my credits as I'm sitting at 99M right now and have bought over 30 cars since yesterday.

Do you have a system that you follow with your credits?
Yeah I try and stay near the 20 million mark for when the 917k comes back :D

but wut I did was do a stint on le mans wtc700 buy a gr4 or gr3 car do another stint buy another and so on so have about 300+ cars now but also sold many of the VGT cars since I don't care for fantasy land...

the last month or so Ive been going after all the legendary cars I can get since I find them often to be the most fun to drive :D

so yeah le mans over and over and over and over again when I am on my death bed and will see flashbacks from my life I fear it will just be of me doing the le mans grind :D

Yeah I try and stay near the 20 million mark for when the 917k comes back :D

so yeah le mans over and over and over and over again when I am on my death bed and will see flashbacks from my life I fear it will just be of me doing the le mans grind :D
Same, I kept 20 million in pocket until I had all the individual Legends cars. Then I got all the invitiation cars in every color (beause who knows when you get an invite again or if you get an invite again) and had to dip into the reserves for that. Then I got every car in the game while grabbing every new color that came up in the Legends or Used cars. Now I'm working on every dealership car in every color. I'm done for Manufacturers A through Ford. 1483 cars and 962,500 collector points. I wish they had a color list or some way to make tracking colors of used cars/Legends easier. Pain in the butt to go between the used cars and my garage. I could start an excel sheet, but who has time for that? :crazy::D

Same, I kept 20 million in pocket until I had all the individual Legends cars. Then I got all the invitiation cars in every color (beause who knows when you get an invite again or if you get an invite again) and had to dip into the reserves for that. Then I got every car in the game while grabbing every new color that came up in the Legends or Used cars. Now I'm working on every dealership car in every color. I'm done for Manufacturers A through Ford. 1483 cars and 962,500 collector points. I wish they had a color list or some way to make tracking colors of used cars/Legends easier. Pain in the butt to go between the used cars and my garage. I could start an excel sheet, but who has time for that? :crazy::D
:D you do realize that you can just buy all the different colors in the autoshop right? :D

Back