Buying All of GT Sport's Latest Cars Requires (at Least) 25 Hours of Racing

Wow, it took me 50 hours to beat gravity rush 2's story.sidemissions/ obtain all items. If you don't have 25 hours to enjoy a game in its entirety,

How is simply buying ten cars enjoying a game in its entirety?

That 25 hour figure is from just running the exact same X-Bow/PSL/BMB combo to earn the necessary credits. It's not even taking into account any other time you'd spend doing anything else in-game.

I spend about 20 hours a week studying. If you played GT sport one hour for a month, with a break every other day , you would have all cars .

One hour per month would lead you to needing six years to buy all the cars with the current quickest credit-grinding approach.

Do you mean every other day? So that'd put you at the tail end of the second month, again, doing nothing but X-Bow/PSL/BMB. And you wouldn't have all the cars — you'd have the credits to buy the most recent ten, which cost just under half of the entire rest of the car lineup (so triple the time needed if you plan on buying everything).

You would have an additional 25 cars from the daily marathon, though there's no telling which they'd be. I just lucked out last night with the 330 P4 — but outside of the DM, it's incredibly unlikely I'll ever own the Jag, and I've put well over 100 hours into the game already.

This isn't quite as grind-heavy as Star Wars Battlefront II was at launch, but it's still a bizarre approach; the eponymous Sport Mode is one of the worst methods of earning credits in the game. On the plus side (in a way): in early November, BFII required around 40 hours to unlock one hero (ex. Darth Vader), but they could be used on any map. With the Jag and Ferrari, they're not exactly integral to the game experience; they both sit in Gr.X right now, so can only take part in one-make races in Sport Mode (if they pop up).
The “much better game” has worse graphics, sounds, physics, no online (not 100% sure if it’s gone yet but what online it did have was far worse) and more grinding. Ok?

In GT6's defence, it's more grindy because there's over six times the number of cars in the game. :P

"Better" is definitely subjective in this case. I enjoy Sport more than I ever did GT6, but I can see why people would prefer the latter. It appeals to a far broader demographic. The car roster expansions from PD so far seem to be addressing that, however — but then it runs the risk of diluting the whole "Sport" thing.

That said, there's one thing I've never understood:

because it’s on an old gen console so it’s not a fair comparison.

:confused:

How is simply buying ten cars enjoying a game in its entirety?

That 25 hour figure is from just running the exact same X-Bow/PSL/BMB combo to earn the necessary credits. It's not even taking into account any other time you'd spend doing anything else in-game.

One hour per month would lead you to needing six years to buy all the cars with the current quickest credit-grinding approach.

Do you mean every other day? So that'd put you at the tail end of the second month, again, doing nothing but X-Bow/PSL/BMB. And you wouldn't have all the cars — you'd have the credits to buy the most recent ten, which cost just under half of the entire rest of the car lineup (so triple the time needed if you plan on buying everything).

You would have an additional 25 cars from the daily marathon, though there's no telling which they'd be. I just lucked out last night with the 330 P4 — but outside of the DM, it's incredibly unlikely I'll ever own the Jag, and I've put well over 100 hours into the game already.

This isn't quite as grind-heavy as Star Wars Battlefront II was at launch, but it's still a bizarre approach; the eponymous Sport Mode is one of the worst methods of earning credits in the game. On the plus side (in a way): in early November, BFII required around 40 hours to unlock one hero (ex. Darth Vader), but they could be used on any map. With the Jag and Ferrari, they're not exactly integral to the game experience; they both sit in Gr.X right now, so can only take part in one-make races in Sport Mode (if they pop up).

In GT6's defence, it's more grindy because there's over six times the number of cars in the game. :P

"Better" is definitely subjective in this case. I enjoy Sport more than I ever did GT6, but I can see why people would prefer the latter. It appeals to a far broader demographic. The car roster expansions from PD so far seem to be addressing that, however — but then it runs the risk of diluting the whole "Sport" thing.

If you do all the track experience races you get a roll per track and 4 million .

If you do all the track experience races you get a roll per track and 4 million .

Okay — how does that change anything? Does doing that mean you've now enjoyed the game in its entirety?

This isn't news to me: I literally mention it in the article.

I agree it's difficult to objectively define "better", but I think that if people can't at least try to justify their claim that one game is "much better" than another objectively then they shouldn't bother. Fair enough say if you prefer a certain game or enjoy it more than another, but to claim it's better has to have some basis in reality. As it stands though, it would be difficult to argue that GTS doesn't have better graphics, physics, sounds and multiplayer whilst lacking in the number of cars and tracks and maybe single player depth. How those things are weighted I would say is where the subjectivity starts to come into it but to so conclusively come down on the side of GT6 when such important features are clearly worse just doesn't make sense.

The PS4 gives GTS some fairly major advantages when it comes to being a better game in terms of immersion features (look, feel and sound) and generally making it more realistic so to try and make an objective comparison between a new game and an old one isn't particularly fair. To compensate for that you could reasonably say that GT6 is much better than GTS relative to it's time/console but as soon as you say people should go back to it you're throwing that out of the window and making a claim of which one is better right now, and as I said above you can't really make the argument that that game is GT6, not without some heavy bias in favour of certain aspects of the game.

I'd done all the single player campaign before the expensive cars were released, so that doesn't help. I do pretty well in Sport Mode (S/S) yet am not in any way rewarded for that by the game. The credits you earn are ludicrously poor (you can gain more credits/XP doing the Sunday Cup for an hour compared to Sport Mode for an hour), even though it is the most demanding part of the game.

I'd done all the single player campaign before the expensive cars were released, so that doesn't help. I do pretty well in Sport Mode (S/S) yet am not in any way rewarded for that by the game. The credits you earn are ludicrously poor (you can gain more credits/XP doing the Sunday Cup for an hour compared to Sport Mode for an hour), even though it is the most demanding part of the game.
Between the daily rewards / reward cars / free spins I collected 60% of the games cars without spending a dime . The real issue is the idiotic fact you can get duplicates .

Between the daily rewards / reward cars / free spins I collected 60% of the games cars without spending a dime . The real issue is the idiotic fact you can get duplicates .

Yes, same. But most of the time I was getting cars for doing either very little (like a circuit experience), or as a completely random gift (daily workout). It was rarely for an achievement.

The only times gift cars felt like a reward were after finishing driving school and mission challenges, but even then, because of the random nature, it was possible to get a duplicate or just a terrible car. And that is a stupid system as a game should feel rewarding.

Yes, same. But most of the time I was getting cars for doing either very little (like a circuit experience), or as a completely random gift (daily workout). It was rarely for an achievement.

The only times gift cars felt like a reward were after finishing driving school and mission challenges, but even then, because of the random nature, it was possible to get a duplicate or just a terrible car. And that is a stupid system as a game should feel rewarding.
PD need a to get rid of the ability to get duplicates . What if unique colors count as unique cars O.o that would explain everything . Except I have 5 stupid Toyota hybrid LMP's

Back