C63 AMG vs IS-F (for drifting)

• Thread starter Thomasss95
  • 40 comments
Netherlands
The Netherlands
Hey guys,

I really like drifting in the BMW M3 '07.
Now I am looking for a new driftcar.
Which do you like more for drifting, Mercedes C63 AMG or Lexus IS-F?
If you know other cars that are pretty similar to these three and drift well, let me know! :)

Thomas

I don't really like the M3 or the ISF on the wheel. But if you're on a controller: ISF. On a Wheel: Mercedes.

Both are good...kinda depends what you're looking for. The C63 has excessive amounts of wheelspin, which makes it kinda slow. However, it can e very smooth, and get monster angle. The IS-F can be made to be very fast, and very controllable.

Another car similar to those is the BMW M5, although it can be a real beast to tame.

Thanks for all the reactions! :)

Sounds like the C63 is good with a lot of wheelspin and the IS-F is nice and controlable.
I use the M5 too and I really like it.
If you use these cars and you have good (and easy to control), please post them!

Maybe it's nice to know that I only tune the gearbox, LSD, suspension etc.
So I don't add power to any of the cars.
I like to have 420-500hp, if a car has more I find it uncontrolable on Comfort Hard.
Don't know if that will make one of the cars better for me...

Thanks for all the reactions! :)

Sounds like the C63 is good with a lot of wheelspin and the IS-F is nice and controlable.
I use the M5 too and I really like it.
If you use these cars and you have good (and easy to control), please post them!

Maybe it's nice to know that I only tune the gearbox, LSD, suspension etc.
So I don't add power to any of the cars.
I like to have 420-500hp, if a car has more I find it uncontrolable on Comfort Hard.
Don't know if that will make one of the cars better for me...

My C63 is stock too, I use a medium turbo sometimes. Only descreased weight. The only thing I hate about those cars is the amount of gears... 7 and 8 gears lol... A wing will increase the speed of your C63, but I don´t like wings on a benz. But I equipped it anyway, function over form for this time.

My C63 is stock too, I use a medium turbo sometimes. Only descreased weight. The only thing I hate about those cars is the amount of gears... 7 and 8 gears lol... A wing will increase the speed of your C63, but I don´t like wings on a benz. But I equipped it anyway, function over form for this time.

I apply Weight Reduction 3 always too.
The gears are a pain indeed...
But I mostly drift on Suzuka East, so I mostly drive in one gear.
I don't use wings, even it's for the function. :sly:

Dou you like the C63 more than the IS-F or M5?

I actually like both of them, C63 has no problems for me except it has a lot of gears and when I drift on 6-7th gear I usually spin out but you can always adjust your transmission. With the IS-F it has 8 gears and the gears are really 🤬 so you gotta individually tune em.

The Lexus grips. And grips. And grips. I say C63. Use what you want though. I don't think either are too terribly inappropriate and if they get you away from the BMW, even better. Sorry Dom. :lol:

I have my C63 tuned at 500hp with a lot of focus on the transmission. The car gets mad angle in its stock suspension form but fine tuning it makes it just that better. The car loves stiff suspension and a hefty diff

Thanks for all the reactions, I really appreciate it! :)
Sounds like both cars are pretty good, but the C63 is a little better for drifting...
I will try both though, but now I know what to expect and what to look for.
And I will tune the gearbox first on both cars, because that seems a pain.

Thanks again and if you have more tips or you know other good cars like these, let me know!

Thanks for all the reactions, I really appreciate it! :)
Sounds like both cars are pretty good, but the C63 is a little better for drifting...
I will try both though, but now I know what to expect and what to look for.
And I will tune the gearbox first on both cars, because that seems a pain.

Thanks again and if you have more tips or you know other good cars like these, let me know!

The ISF has awesome shifting speeds which is why I prefer the C63. :dopey:

I was looking at some cars that would be nice to drift with...
I saw the Jaguar XKR and Aston Martin V12 Vantage.
The XKR has a amazing torque curve!
Which of these two is good for drifting?
I have a lot of cars to test today. ;)

Last edited:
From my experience and spending more than 40 hours in my ISF i actually prefer the c63 a better and easier to drift because of excessive wheel spin. ISF on the other hand faster but suffers a HUGE understeer especially me being on a DFGT and spending a whole lot of time in the car. Depending on what you use for drifting (DS3 or Wheel) DS3 I would pick ISF because DS3 understeer is a lot more controlable but Wheel C63 but I use the ISF because it's more rewarding once you tune one decent on the wheel.

I've yet to use either of the XKR or V12 Vantage on this game, but on Forza, the XKR was amazing. The Aston just feels too heavy.

Again, that from a different game, so Idk about this, but I would guess it'd feel the same. Haven't really gotten any car that feels way different.

From my experience and spending more than 40 hours in my ISF i actually prefer the c63 a better and easier to drift because of excessive wheel spin. ISF on the other hand faster but suffers a HUGE understeer especially me being on a DFGT and spending a whole lot of time in the car. Depending on what you use for drifting (DS3 or Wheel) DS3 I would pick ISF because DS3 understeer is a lot more controlable but Wheel C63 but I use the ISF because it's more rewarding once you tune one decent on the wheel.

I am on DS3, because I find drifting too hard on my G27...
After testing both cars I think the C63 is easier to drift with.
I got lost in all the gears of the IS-F.

I love drifting European cars, so in that way the C63 is a better choice too.
Do you know other European cars that drift well, except M3 and M5?

I am on DS3, because I find drifting too hard on my G27...
After testing both cars I think the C63 is easier to drift with.
I got lost in all the gears of the IS-F.

I love drifting European cars, so in that way the C63 is a better choice too.
Do you know other European cars that drift well, except M3 and M5?

Well.... An SL55 AMG is pretty nice, along with the Alfa 8c, and any other RWD Bimmer works well.

The 8C is awesome. It has quickly become one of my favorite cars of all time. It's basically an Italian Mustang.

Dou you like the C63 more than the IS-F or M5?

I prefer the C63, I am a big BMW fan, but none of the premium BMWs are the cars I dream about having later. I love the M5 E39.
I used to play a lot with the premium M3, but I haven't used it properly for the last months, nowadays I'm just messing with stock cars or turbocharged cars what I tune up to 350HP max.

Personally I would recommend the c63. I bought it not to long ago and it has become one of my favourite cars to drift, with the right set up and the skills this thing is a beast, especially with that amazing V8 under the hood :D

EDIT: Try them both! :)

I prefer the C63, I am a big BMW fan, but none of the premium BMWs are the cars I dream about having later. I love the M5 E39.
I used to play a lot with the premium M3, but I haven't used it properly for the last months, nowadays I'm just messing with stock cars or turbocharged cars what I tune up to 350HP max.

I think I will go with the C63 and I also prefer stock power, so most of the cars I choose between 350-500 hp.

Personally I would recommend the c63. I bought it not to long ago and it has become one of my favourite cars to drift, with the right set up and the skills this thing is a beast, especially with that amazing V8 under the hood :D

EDIT: Try them both! :)

I have tried them both and I got a bit lost in all the gears of the IS-F.
So I will go with the C63.

Thanks for the help! :)

EDIT: How do the XKR and C63 compare as drift cars, in your opinion?

Last edited:
I really like both cars. I am a 4door drifter 95% of the time. I have been using the isF as my main car for the reason that it does not have as much or excessive amounts of wheelspin. I have 8 c63 with different tunes on each and also found that any tune I use the c63 has a crazy turn in at any speed. In my opinion the isF has a more effective powerband. The c63 is a angle happy beast but not as fast.

I really like both cars. I am a 4door drifter 95% of the time. I have been using the isF as my main car for the reason that it does not have as much or excessive amounts of wheelspin. I have 8 c63 with different tunes on each and also found that any tune I use the c63 has a crazy turn in at any speed. In my opinion the isF has a more effective powerband. The c63 is a angle happy beast but not as fast.

Do you think the 8 gears are a problem in the IS-F?

Thomasss95
Do you think the 8 gears are a problem in the IS-F?

Not really if you look at it this way. What is the average speed and maximum speed you can actually drift most corners. Example of first hairpin on Grand Valley you speed through the turn will be around 35-47 mph. That is usually 2nd gear in most cars. The isF has such a quick 1st and 2nd i simply lengthened my top speed and used 3rd as my 2nd gear and 4th as 3rd and so on. The isF powerband can allow you to launch from 3rd with out any problems. Think of how much power you really use and what speed you can drift each corner. Finding the best balance is the most important thing when tuning. A 900hp viper can't take full advantage of his cars strengths on Cote de Azur. If you ever want to tryout or test my setting first hand add me. MLD_PUSH.

Not really if you look at it this way. What is the average speed and maximum speed you can actually drift most corners. Example of first hairpin on Grand Valley you speed through the turn will be around 35-47 mph. That is usually 2nd gear in most cars. The isF has such a quick 1st and 2nd i simply lengthened my top speed and used 3rd as my 2nd gear and 4th as 3rd and so on. The isF powerband can allow you to launch from 3rd with out any problems. Think of how much power you really use and what speed you can drift each corner. Finding the best balance is the most important thing when tuning. A 900hp viper can't take full advantage of his cars strengths on Cote de Azur. If you ever want to tryout or test my setting first hand add me. MLD_PUSH.

Thanks for the reaction! :)

After reading this and knowing you prefer the IS-F I will go with the IS-F.
I would love to test your tunes, I will add you tomorrow!
Do you have a (easy) tune for the IS-F that I can test?

Latest Posts

Back