(Banned)
Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-Officially-Announced-Dated.jpg

Developer - Treyach
Publisher - Activision
Platforms - PS3, PC ,360?
Release - November 9 2010

Official Website

Rumors Posted On NeoGAF

According to a report from Tek9 (via MapModNews), an Activision insider has reportedly said that the next Call of Duty title will be called “Call of Duty: Black Ops”.The report states the game, being developed by Treyarch, will take place in various times in history during the Cold War, from World War II to up to present day, with missions in Vietnam, Cuba, South America and even the infamous SAS mission during the Iranian embassy siege in London in April 1980.It was previously suggested the game would only take place during the Vietnam War, with a release in November, which the report also says. It clashes with a date on an internal release list from retailer GAME, saying it’ll be out in OctoberThe report also claims the zombie mode from World at War will be included, as well as dedicated servers for its online on PC. Previous CoD title Modern Warfare 2 didn’t include the feature.Take with the biggest pinch of salt you can find, while we email Activision on this. Don’t go expecting much, mind.

Last edited:
Anyone else tired of COD in it's current format?

I'm hoping the new Halo and EA FPS will force them to innovate and create a brand new game engine rather than just a new "skin" every year.

I don't know...:nervous: after all the bugs of MW2, ( and the fact that i suck! :dopey:) I think I'll convert to Battlefield. But please let me know if the game is good when it comes out!

Yeah. Bad Company 2 owns MW2.

I'll buy Black Ops if it turns out like OP says, sounds interesting. I always thought they'd just make another WW2 game, focused on a different part of the world.

Sounds interesting, surely I'll buy it if the game is not in Japanese :D

I dunno. It's a rental for me. I got all excited about MW2, played it for about a month, and haven't played it since. As opposed to COD4, which I still play from time to time. Same deal with WaW. Liked it for a while, got bored, no staying power that Cod4 has.

EDIT: Sorry, i meant to say, I'll rent it, and then see if I like it enough to buy it later.

Last edited:
I'm pre-ordering it just because I know I will play it, and I know I will play it allot more than MW2 just because Treyarch has to see all of the complaints with MW2 and fix them. Also WaW didn't have any of the annoying things in it like commando etc. that makes MW2 not fun.

I like the theme setting for the game, WaW was fun and the co-op was decent. This looks good but not a day one buy fro me. I wait for a Holiday sale like I did with WaW in 08.

Treyarch did an excellent job with WAW so I am looking forward to this game. They had 4 player co-op campaign and 4 player zombie mode along with death cards that made the game really fun. I truly hated MW2.
Regardless I will rent it first. WAW was the last COD game I bought and I dont plan to buy another COD game unless it is better than WAW.

I will have news about the game available for you guys hopefully today that nobody else will have yet. How is that you ask? I know someone who was taken on a tour through Treyarch and showed by the devs different things that are going to be in the game and things that are not and just showed allot of details in general. He was gagged about all of it until today, so hopefully by this afternoon he will share details with me and I will post what he tells me here for all of you to read.

[empty space];3869705
what do zombies have to do with the cold war? :confused:

What do zombies have to do with any war? Nothing, they aren't real, but considering how many people loved it in the last Treyarch COD they will be back because they are being demanded by the public. I never like nazi zombies, it was just boring to me. Kill some zombies, next level, kill some zombies, next level, etc. etc. etc. Here is a little more in depth of what my mate wrote up earlier. He has been working long days and just didn't feel like spending a bunch of time, this is one of his mates that was with him and he wrote a little more into it:tup: LITTLE MORE INFO. I wasn't available to get in on MW2 beta release for myself and others I know to do glitch/beta testing but maybe it will be offered to us this time around like last to look for glitches before release, since I am part of a glitching site they came to us and gave most of the people of the site early access to look for glitches to help them out. If I do get the opportunity this time around I will let you guys know about maps and so forth:tup:

Heres the two things I am excited about

Focus is being put on varied playlists, including those for old school gamers ala Barebones.

Focused on preventing hackers/modders with a dedicated "security team"

People like to say that WaW had way more glitches etc. than MW2 does, it had some glitches but Treyarch also fixed them very fast, unlike MW2. Also there was never any modding in WaW unless it was nazi zombies, that is just huge because MW2 has been overran with modded lobbies now as you all know. The way IW does their files is just wide open for us to look at, you can't view/edit the MP_Data files in Treyarchs games like you can IW's games, so keeping modding shut down will be done just as well as it was in WaW, it didn't have any!

[empty space];3870137
sorry, zombies seem a bit cliched.

I don't like zombie mode game stuff either, but since Treyarch are the ones who started it in WaW and everyone is demanding it make a come back they are going to put it in the game. Treyarch is actually listening to the community unlike IW:crazy:

Back