Camaro or Corvette?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dagger311
  • 44 comments
  • 2,420 views
I probably see a Corvette a day... 4 Camaros a day. 5738 Challengers and Mustangs a day, lol
I have yet to see a Challenger or A Mustang. My dad, however, had a chance to win a Challenger modeled almost exactly like The General Lee from Dukes of Hazard. Here's the story he told me:

He's at his autoglass shop in Atlanta when a guy pulls up in the car. They talk for a while, and Dad asks if the car is for sale. The man says no, but is so confident in it's power that he gives him a chance to win the car.

Him and my dad get in the car, and the man puts a dollar on the dash, and tells my dad if he can get the bill off the dash before the man counts to three, he can have the car.

The guy floors it in the parking lot, and it had so much power, my dad says he couldn't even raise off the seat!

My dad also had a chance to buy a candy red '80s Mustang from a nice lady. Her husband had owned it, but he passed, and she was in need of money. He said she was selling it at a steal (Can' t remember the price, but I know he was 2,000 dollars short, which his brother offered to loan him). My dad turned her down, and when I asked him why, he said it wasn't a car that he wanted to drive to work every day at the time. He says he regrets it now though.
 
In GT5 the race prepared 69' Camero was my favorite car within it's PP range. I have not tried them in GT6 yet. My dream car, since we're on the subject, is the 427 Cobra S/C. I've seen a few of the originals. I have a photo with about 25 cars showing ;). I attended the Monterey Classic Car Races in 2012 when the Shelby Cobra was the marque. There were close to 100 original cars there along with many hundreds of reproduction cars there.

When you're ready to make your first automobile purchase do as much reading as you can before you go out and buy. A classic car will spend more time in the garage than you'd want for a daily driver. There are many cars that won't give you the grin that the Corvette or Camero might, but you'll save enough in time to buy one at a later time in life when you can have one as a second car.
 
In GT5 the race prepared 69' Camero was my favorite car within it's PP range. I have not tried them in GT6 yet. My dream car, since we're on the subject, is the 427 Cobra S/C. I've seen a few of the originals. I have a photo with about 25 cars showing ;). I attended the Monterey Classic Car Races in 2012 when the Shelby Cobra was the marque. There were close to 100 original cars there along with many hundreds of reproduction cars there.

When you're ready to make your first automobile purchase do as much reading as you can before you go out and buy. A classic car will spend more time in the garage than you'd want for a daily driver. There are many cars that won't give you the grin that the Corvette or Camero might, but you'll save enough in time to buy one at a later time in life when you can have one as a second car.
Oh, if I were to get a vintage one, it'd have to be a second car. I've been looking at some of the newer Camaro models and they're pretty nice. I'm almost sure that's the car I'm going to get.
 
Camaro gets the hand me down (previous)Corvette engines.

Yup. The Camaro SS has the LS3 which was used in the 2008-2013 Corvette.

Also a poor man's Corvette is a used Corvette. Maybe I'm biased but I'd take any C6 Corvette over any Camaro. They are just much better.
 
The 396 debuted originally in the 65 Corvette. Before that it was known as the "mystery motor" and seen at Daytona stock car racing.

Yes it was used in the Camaro though it never had the Vette's 425 advertised horsepower.
 
The 396 debuted originally in the 65 Corvette. Before that it was known as the "mystery motor" and seen at Daytona stock car racing.

Yes it was used in the Camaro though it never had the Vette's 425 advertised horsepower.
The Alluminum heads version did. Just read about the 375 HP 396s in one of my Camaro Reference books. Another case of the horsepower ratings being lower than what the engine really had because of insurance reasons.
 
Vette hands down. Looks better handles better does pretty much everything better. The new ones anyway.
 
My brother beat an 85(?) Corvette with a 350 in his 4 cylinder accord :lol:. Just because you buy a Corvette doesn't mean it's going to be fast or good. Pay attention to the model, they vary greatly.
 
My brother beat an 85(?) Corvette with a 350 in his 4 cylinder accord :lol:. Just because you buy a Corvette doesn't mean it's going to be fast or good. Pay attention to the model, they vary greatly.

IIRC it was the 1980 corvette with only one engine option, the 350. It had a 0-60 time of 8.0 seconds. That was the same ( well, almost - 8.1) as my 1980 BMW 528i.

There may have been a few years after the oil shortage (yeah right) that the cars were not built up as strong as they could have been. The 84 Corvette was the first of the C4's. They were quicker than the C3's.

Today's average econobox will do 0-60 in close to 8 seconds.
 
Today's average econobox will do 0-60 in close to 8 seconds.
My car is 7.9 seconds and gets 23 MPG if lucky...
Murica Germana!
 
In Gt6, I've been using the 2014 C7 vette lately. It handles decent enough stock but it really shines with a tune and all the aero add-ons. I almost duplicated the tuning from the 2009 zr1 race vette for the 2014 street vette and I believe it handles even better than the RM. I've found that it seems to stick to the track even better than the 2010 camaro with a tune. Just won the GT world championship race around Laguna Seca in the ia section with the tuned 2014 vette.

In real life I drive a '95 Z28 to work. It's ugly but it gets me where I'm going. I've never driven a corvette, but, like you, I like the looks of them better than the camaros.

Don't know if this helps, but I'm really liking the modified and tuned 2014 C7 corvette.
 
Sadly the beautiful V8 soul from the real cars is missing in GT, neither the vettes or camaros create that V8 "joy" feeling.
 
Back