Camels Premier Racing League...Taking Signups for Season #35....top 3 finishers receive PSN CardPS4 

• Thread starter The__Camel
  • 1,410 comments
Hey @The__Camel thanks for the racing tonight... I have a lot to still learn. You probably need to DQ me. My pit stop/strategy cost many places. Also, I screwed up on the fuel.

I had fixed my pit strategy for fuel on the "take tires" or "fuel only", but forgot to adjust it on my Repair only pit strategy. So it overfilled my tank when I went in for repair, which ended up being a waste a time as I had aero repair set to "none". So not only did I mistakenly take on too much fuel, I didn't get my damaged aero fixed. :boggled:

Anyway, wanted you to know, not that it made any difference whatsoever, as I was slow as Christmas - and I was hauling around about 25L more fuel than I needed. :lol:

Report #3 has been updated with the points after this weeks IR's.

Report #4 & #5 has been updated with this weeks track, time, date, weather, and fuel

No problem Red.......I will also be a little late tonight getting the practice lobby open. I've been asked to come back on as pitching coach for the local high school team again this year so my racing night will be even shorter now.

I've informed them that on Wednesdays I have to be home by 7pmish

I just want to say just how much I am enjoying this car class, regardless of my performance this season :banghead: :lol:.

These cars have got to be some of the most underrated cars of all time. Even in real life, I feel many motorsport enthusiasts took them for granted, as they're remarkable machines. They have been sharing the forefront with F1 as the pinnacle of advancing technology over the past decade.

I only wish that we were able to use a few more of the different cars in this class. Even if we had 2 out of the 3-4 manufacturers (Porsche, Audi, Toyota, and Puegoet) in the races I think it would have made things even more exciting then they already are.

This is not a complaint but just an appreciation for this car class. Especially, since SlightlyMad didn't hold back much from these models of cars and have given us practically full hands on control of its technologies. Especially, since these car's time has sadly, come and gone in real life.

I hope one day we may run a season where we can utilize a few of these different manufacturers, as they have had quite a few battles in real life as well over the years.

Some people are even saying that we may look back at them like we look back at the C Class LeMans cars of the past.

I to wish there could be good battles between manufacturers in these seasons. The problem lies that it's a sim and not real world. Every single class on this game has a car that will dominate the others. That's just the way it is. We can open the classes but it wont matter....everyone will be picking the same car each week anyway....unless someone just wishes to run a different car than everyone else and be at the back.

I to wish there could be good battles between manufacturers in these seasons. The problem lies that it's a sim and not real world. Every single class on this game has a car that will dominate the others. That's just the way it is. We can open the classes but it wont matter....everyone will be picking the same car each week anyway....unless someone just wishes to run a different car than everyone else and be at the back.

I'm at the back when I run with you guys - doesn't matter which car I'm in, or you guys are in. :lol:

Never really used a forum properly so I might as well make use of it. Gonna be writing about my race and highlighting what happened and what went wrong, so I hope you enjoy!

RACE RECAP

First Impressions

First race with a new group of guys is always exciting yet nerve racking. You don't know what to expect as far as what's everyone's speed is and how clean everyone is. Coming from a league that used, no damage, default setups and all assists allowed (which I used lol) was a complete change of pace for me and it gave me a new challenge that I was yearning for in previous leagues I raced for. Once I knew that we were going to be racing the GTE Corvette I got excited because its the same car I won a league with about 6 months ago and was on track to win again before leaving there. Looking at the schedule was like seeing the ocean of snow for the first time and it is filled with tracks that no league that I've seen has ever featured. First race...Mugello, didn't know what to expect with the Corvette but was really eager to try it out.

Practice
Coming from default setup leagues leaves me with a huge handicap...making setups. I am and never was good at setting up a car and that really comes down to knowledge and not having enough time to really sit down and invest a lot of time in creating a good setup. Luckily @The__Camel helped me out a lot by sharing his setup and boy was it 100 times better than what I had so huge thanks to him as my average lap time improved by a good half a second. I like how this league does their format. Groups A and B out together and teams are assigned randomly with one driver in A and one in B, keep that format because I like it a lot. When practice was over I saw myself within the top 5 (I think) but most important for me was top driver in Group B, that gave me a lot of confidence heading into Qualifying.

Qualifying
Based on my lap times in practice I had a confidence that I would be starting in the top 5 and I ended up doing one better and starting in the top 3 (I think...it was either 3rd or 4th) and starting on Pole Position for Group B giving me that oh so sweet Bonus point to start off my season. My strategy for qualifying was to close my radiator down to 5% and run and low of fuel as possible which gave me about 2 hot laps. Luckily traffic wasn't an issue for me during my runs so I was able to get some clean runs. My team mate for the season would be O-l3LITZ-O, I saw him start in the bottom midfield which I didn't pay no mind too because it was a long race and people tend to be faster under race trim than qualifying trim.

Race
Before taking to the grid I had to make sure that I had the proper amount of fuel and my radiator was open enough where my car wouldn't blow after 10 laps. Once I got that all squared away I awaited the green lights. I had a near perfect jump and I actually thought that I did jump the start but it turned out I nailed it perfectly and before T1 I was right on @The__Camel 's tail. Staying with him, let alone getting passed him was going to be a challenge based on what I saw during practice and qualifying. After the first couple of laps I was 3 to 4 seconds behind him when all of a sudden he spins out going into the fast downhill chicane which promoted me to 1st place...which lasted a long longer than I thought. Coming at the end of the first stint I had to start planning about what I was going to do for fuel, I was afraid of putting too much fuel in and accidentally going just over the 30L mark so I went conservative and took on fuel and left the pits in 2nd with about 23 or so liters of fuel. This pit strategy would eventually be my downfall at the end of the race. Jmutt and I were having a lovely drive around Mugello, he set terrific pace and I followed suit. If it wasn't for a couple of mistakes he would've taken the win but unfortunately not. We had a bit of a tango when he would lose control, I would take the lead and visa versa. One of those times being a very close call when I lose my rear going down the corners that Camel crashed in and I saved it and stopped just near inches of hitting the wall. After that incident it was just like any other race with just trying to catch back up to Jmutt which lapped traffic helped me out. Coming onto the 2nd stint it was just add fuel and fresh rubber but once again I played it conservative and didn't take on enough. Jmutt fell behind me in the closing stages of the race which saw me in 1st yet again once pit strategies were all done with the rest of the drivers. Then I checked to see if I had enough fuel to make it to the end...I did not. Cutting my fuel by about 5 liters really hurt me in the end and instead of pitting and just getting enough fuel, I decided to turn my fuel mixture to lean and try and coast it to the finish. Willphazier was about 5 seconds behind when he did his final stop and the lead grew to a little under 8 seconds but once I turned to lean fuel it would drop down to 5 seconds and stayed like that until I pitted with just 2 laps to go giving up 1st and 2nd to finish on the bottom step of the podium finishing behind Willphazier and Hanablemoore. If I had been more precise with my fueling then I would've ended up winning my debut race.

Post-Race
Blizebra Racing (Love the name Camel) finished 3rd and 4th giving us solid team points and it gave me a good look at my team mate who shows consistent pace and clean racing so I'm excited to be teaming with him throughout the season! Unfortunately we were outdone by Hanaphaize Racing (Boss ass team name right there!) who scored almost maximum team points by finishing 1st and 2nd! If both drivers would to set fastest laps then it would've given them the maximum of the points. From the looks of it this may be the team to beat this season as they have shown consistency and proper fuel strategy (unlike myself lol). Fastest laps were award to @The__Camel in group A and myself with group B giving us those very important bonus points, which I'm sure Camel was very grateful for after doing an accidental driver swap with the AI. Next week we head to Sakitto and Silverstone Classic which I'm looking forward too as both tracks are going to provide very different racing. That's it for me and my race recap hope all of you guys enjoyed reading it. I will try and do this more closer to after the race so I don't leave out details and other battles that happened. Thanks for having me one guys!!

Never really used a forum properly so I might as well make use of it. Gonna be writing about my race and highlighting what happened and what went wrong, so I hope you enjoy!

RACE RECAP

First Impressions

First race with a new group of guys is always exciting yet nerve racking. You don't know what to expect as far as what's everyone's speed is and how clean everyone is. Coming from a league that used, no damage, default setups and all assists allowed (which I used lol) was a complete change of pace for me and it gave me a new challenge that I was yearning for in previous leagues I raced for. Once I knew that we were going to be racing the GTE Corvette I got excited because its the same car I won a league with about 6 months ago and was on track to win again before leaving there. Looking at the schedule was like seeing the ocean of snow for the first time and it is filled with tracks that no league that I've seen has ever featured. First race...Mugello, didn't know what to expect with the Corvette but was really eager to try it out.

Practice
Coming from default setup leagues leaves me with a huge handicap...making setups. I am and never was good at setting up a car and that really comes down to knowledge and not having enough time to really sit down and invest a lot of time in creating a good setup. Luckily @The__Camel helped me out a lot by sharing his setup and boy was it 100 times better than what I had so huge thanks to him as my average lap time improved by a good half a second. I like how this league does their format. Groups A and B out together and teams are assigned randomly with one driver in A and one in B, keep that format because I like it a lot. When practice was over I saw myself within the top 5 (I think) but most important for me was top driver in Group B, that gave me a lot of confidence heading into Qualifying.

Qualifying
Based on my lap times in practice I had a confidence that I would be starting in the top 5 and I ended up doing one better and starting in the top 3 (I think...it was either 3rd or 4th) and starting on Pole Position for Group B giving me that oh so sweet Bonus point to start off my season. My strategy for qualifying was to close my radiator down to 5% and run and low of fuel as possible which gave me about 2 hot laps. Luckily traffic wasn't an issue for me during my runs so I was able to get some clean runs. My team mate for the season would be O-l3LITZ-O, I saw him start in the bottom midfield which I didn't pay no mind too because it was a long race and people tend to be faster under race trim than qualifying trim.

Race
Before taking to the grid I had to make sure that I had the proper amount of fuel and my radiator was open enough where my car wouldn't blow after 10 laps. Once I got that all squared away I awaited the green lights. I had a near perfect jump and I actually thought that I did jump the start but it turned out I nailed it perfectly and before T1 I was right on @The__Camel 's tail. Staying with him, let alone getting passed him was going to be a challenge based on what I saw during practice and qualifying. After the first couple of laps I was 3 to 4 seconds behind him when all of a sudden he spins out going into the fast downhill chicane which promoted me to 1st place...which lasted a long longer than I thought. Coming at the end of the first stint I had to start planning about what I was going to do for fuel, I was afraid of putting too much fuel in and accidentally going just over the 30L mark so I went conservative and took on fuel and left the pits in 2nd with about 23 or so liters of fuel. This pit strategy would eventually be my downfall at the end of the race. Jmutt and I were having a lovely drive around Mugello, he set terrific pace and I followed suit. If it wasn't for a couple of mistakes he would've taken the win but unfortunately not. We had a bit of a tango when he would lose control, I would take the lead and visa versa. One of those times being a very close call when I lose my rear going down the corners that Camel crashed in and I saved it and stopped just near inches of hitting the wall. After that incident it was just like any other race with just trying to catch back up to Jmutt which lapped traffic helped me out. Coming onto the 2nd stint it was just add fuel and fresh rubber but once again I played it conservative and didn't take on enough. Jmutt fell behind me in the closing stages of the race which saw me in 1st yet again once pit strategies were all done with the rest of the drivers. Then I checked to see if I had enough fuel to make it to the end...I did not. Cutting my fuel by about 5 liters really hurt me in the end and instead of pitting and just getting enough fuel, I decided to turn my fuel mixture to lean and try and coast it to the finish. Willphazier was about 5 seconds behind when he did his final stop and the lead grew to a little under 8 seconds but once I turned to lean fuel it would drop down to 5 seconds and stayed like that until I pitted with just 2 laps to go giving up 1st and 2nd to finish on the bottom step of the podium finishing behind Willphazier and Hanablemoore. If I had been more precise with my fueling then I would've ended up winning my debut race.

Post-Race
Blizebra Racing (Love the name Camel) finished 3rd and 4th giving us solid team points and it gave me a good look at my team mate who shows consistent pace and clean racing so I'm excited to be teaming with him throughout the season! Unfortunately we were outdone by Hanaphaize Racing (Boss ass team name right there!) who scored almost maximum team points by finishing 1st and 2nd! If both drivers would to set fastest laps then it would've given them the maximum of the points. From the looks of it this may be the team to beat this season as they have shown consistency and proper fuel strategy (unlike myself lol). Fastest laps were award to @The__Camel in group A and myself with group B giving us those very important bonus points, which I'm sure Camel was very grateful for after doing an accidental driver swap with the AI. Next week we head to Sakitto and Silverstone Classic which I'm looking forward too as both tracks are going to provide very different racing. That's it for me and my race recap hope all of you guys enjoyed reading it. I will try and do this more closer to after the race so I don't leave out details and other battles that happened. Thanks for having me one guys!!

I enjoyed reading that. I remember my first ever league race and the nerves that came with it.....so I completely understand everything you wrote.

On average there is 5-6 practices a week with this league and they usually take place around 10pm EST this time of year. Most everyone is involved in 2-3 of them. Everyone has always done a good job with being prepared come race night cough* Mega Pride cough* so yes you will find that everyone is usually in complete control of their car and will race you clean.

I was hoping to be able to speak with you in the post race chat but I didnt get to. After reading how your race turned out there are a few things I'd like to go over with you regarding your pit stops and how you did fuel. You did nothing wrong and maybe you aren't used to how we do things. All of our races outside of the two 30 minutes races we have are all 2 stop races. I design the fuel so that everyone will have to stop twice. It really throws that "real race" feel into it somewhat. With that said.....the next time you are able to join a practice and I am there I can explain a few things that should help keep you from having the issues you had the other night.

It was great having you...you were clean and fast and I'm certain you will be up in Group A come next season.

I have an announcement to make. After talking to a couple of guys after the Mugello race we are gonna make some small changes next season for Season #16.

We are going to move to 3 groups. Group A, Group B, and Group C.

Group A will consist of 5 drivers. Group B will consist of 5 drivers and Group C will consist of 6 drivers.

We will still have team racing.....the Group A drivers will be teamed with the bottom 5 Group C drivers and the Group B drivers will be teamed with Group B drivers and whoever finished in second place the Season prior in Group C. Most likely team up the 2nd place finisher of B and the second place finisher of C since they will be becoming basically the #1 seeds of their Group.

I'll announce how the prizes will work once we get to that time.

The white one, is the reason I couldn't make it last Wednesday.
20190420_133337.jpg
20190420_133351.jpg
20190420_133403.jpg
20190420_133414.jpg

I won't be there tonight. I was actually looking forward to the Silverstone experience....

My wife always considers my racing nights, but I told her that racing will never take priority if she wants to do something nice. Tonight, there is a movie at the library....

Another race week down and another race recap going up!

RACE RECAP

Practice

Didn't have much time to do any practice up until 5 minutes before qualifying and that was at Silverstone so going into Sakitto Sprint I had no idea what I was doing or how the car was going to handle. Luckily I found a quick setup on another car but I just swapped it over and it worked alright.

Sakitto Qualifying
My qualifying was my practice and it showed as I started 12th out of 16th as I focused more on race pace than qualifying pace and tested out different braking points.

Sakitto Race
I was really cautious starting the race as my car felt really unbalanced especially in T1 but I was able to slowly make my way up the field and just sticking with my pace. Had some great battles in the beginning but would lose control or spin out costing myself valuable time. This track was near impossible to pass at except going into T1, the only way you were going to make the pass is if someone slipped up or if your car had more grip to pass on the outside which mine did not. After my first and only pit stop I was primed for a top 5 and after seeing Willphaizer disconnect I knew that I had to finish in a good position to take the lead in Group B. Unfortunately, I spun out twice about 3 laps after my pit stop and hitting a wall give my aero and minor suspension damage causing my wheel to be at 11 o'clock. With this damage my top speed and acceleration went down causing browlison to pass me with 2 or 3 to go after a few more slip-ups on my part. In the last lap @Hanable was right behind me but I was able to hold him off for a 6th place finish and fastest Group B lap to put me on top of the Group B point charts.

Silverstone Qualifying
It was wet, dark, and gloomy but with the little practice I had before race night I was able to adapt to the track rather quick and focused on finding the puddles, where there were a lot of them. I was able to pick up the Group B pole which helped out a lot and I was focused on taking another solid finish.

Silverstone Race
There was chaos at the very start of the race as a driver spun their tires and lost the back end collecting about 8 or so cars giving them all damage including me. Luckily I had no suspension damage just aero so I was able to continue on with my race and try to gain time. As the track started to dry up I was wondering when I should pit and put on softs so I waited...and waited...and waited until I had less than one lap of fuel as the other leaders went in to pit. I thought that this was my chance to get ahead of the curve and maybe even steal a win. Unfortunately, that was not the case. I did not put my fuel in lean early enough to get me to the pits and on the last corner before the pits I ran out of gas and was only awarded 2 points for my efforts. It was a fun race but it stilled sucked knowing that I had the pace for a potential podium. I still would be leading Group B thanks to my pole time.

Aftermath
I lead Old_bear by 6 points after my endeavors and Blizebra Racing is on top of the Team Standings by just 3 points! Hanaphaize Racing just behind us! Congrats Blitz for winning at Silverstone and carrying my sorry ass lol

Next week we head to Brands Hatch Indy for a very fun yet irritating track where I definitely plan on practicing WAY more than last week. This league is definitely not a show-up and race type of league and I learned that the hard way. Looking forward to this coming week hope to see a full room!

Back