Camels Premier Racing League...Taking Signups for Season #35....top 3 finishers receive PSN CardPS4 

• Thread starter The__Camel
  • 1,410 comments
I am out of town for the next few days. I thought we were leaving tomorrow, but my wife looked at the calendar.... we have to leave NOW!

Cheers. I should be good for next week.

So I’ve been trying to play more and more with tuning. I have been struggling all season with very undesirable handling issues. Basically my car wants to spin out every corner all the time, so I can never comfortably attack a turn and have been braking early and softly to be safe. I have been making small incremental changes on basic things and have had minor success improving the car.

Today I finally decided to address tire pressures. It’s something I’m not familiar with so have never played with yet. After reading a little on the pcars forum there seemed to be consensus that 1.8 bar was optimal for GTE cars. I set all tires equal and ran 10 laps. Then I adjusted tire pressures so that each tire would be around 1.8 bar heated up. I am now able to throw the car around and heave it into corners and it sticks. I can finally begin to push and see what kind of speed I can muster without constantly fearing a major spin.

I have 2 questions. 1) Do tire pressures solely have THIS big of an impact? (I beat my soft tire best lap by 3 seconds on hard tires after settling on my tire pressures). Or have I just created a cumulative improvement and tire pressures are just the cherry on top? 2) All my work was done offline in the private session practice tab. Will this translate or like gtsport are the online and offline physics different?

I am really hoping I am on to something here because qualifying last and hoping for carnage so I can steal a few positions back isn’t quite exhilarating. This car has flummoxed me more than any so far. I am getting better at getting out of the way safely while being lapped though so I have that going for me.

So I’ve been trying to play more and more with tuning. I have been struggling all season with very undesirable handling issues. Basically my car wants to spin out every corner all the time, so I can never comfortably attack a turn and have been braking early and softly to be safe. I have been making small incremental changes on basic things and have had minor success improving the car.

Today I finally decided to address tire pressures. It’s something I’m not familiar with so have never played with yet. After reading a little on the pcars forum there seemed to be consensus that 1.8 bar was optimal for GTE cars. I set all tires equal and ran 10 laps. Then I adjusted tire pressures so that each tire would be around 1.8 bar heated up. I am now able to throw the car around and heave it into corners and it sticks. I can finally begin to push and see what kind of speed I can muster without constantly fearing a major spin.

I have 2 questions. 1) Do tire pressures solely have THIS big of an impact? (I beat my soft tire best lap by 3 seconds on hard tires after settling on my tire pressures). Or have I just created a cumulative improvement and tire pressures are just the cherry on top? 2) All my work was done offline in the private session practice tab. Will this translate or like gtsport are the online and offline physics different?

I am really hoping I am on to something here because qualifying last and hoping for carnage so I can steal a few positions back isn’t quite exhilarating. This car has flummoxed me more than any so far. I am getting better at getting out of the way safely while being lapped though so I have that going for me.

Personally I feel like the private testing and doing testing in an online lobby that is set to private are two separate issues. I have seen and felt the difference too many times.

I personally set tire pressures pending on the weight of the car. I have been running the Vette around 1.40 bar each race.

Anytime you want you can always join one of our practice sessions and I would be glad to answer all questions you have with and any questions that may follow. All of our practice sessions are set to race conditions except damage and liscense being turned off.

There will be a practice lobby up in the next 10 minutes for about 2 hours if you are interested

I’d like to join you guys some time. Hopefully I can join a practice before next race. That would help solidify things. On tire pressures I looked at my pit strategies, never played with the pressures there just left it default. They were set to 2.3 bar somehow. That would explain why I was always a few seconds slower after pitting. It’s starting to come together. I’ve adjusted them to match my tune now. I should at least be more consistent now.

I’d like to join you guys some time. Hopefully I can join a practice before next race. That would help solidify things. On tire pressures I looked at my pit strategies, never played with the pressures there just left it default. They were set to 2.3 bar somehow. That would explain why I was always a few seconds slower after pitting. It’s starting to come together. I’ve adjusted them to match my tune now. I should at least be more consistent now.

I would be more than happy to walk you thru the best way to set up your pitstops as well

I could be wrong. And I don't mess with tire pressure to often. But when you adjust your tire pressures in your setup, it automatically becomes your default pit strategy tire pressure.
As far as that private practice tab goes. It is not the same as an online lobby. If I get to do any practice, I'll create an online lobby set to private with a few A.I.s in the room.

I could be wrong. And I don't mess with tire pressure to often. But when you adjust your tire pressures in your setup, it automatically becomes your default pit strategy tire pressure.
As far as that private practice tab goes. It is not the same as an online lobby. If I get to do any practice, I'll create an online lobby set to private with a few A.I.s in the room.
From racing with a league that does default setups you start off a race with default setups. It's when you go in and use your pit strategies is when the pressures change after your pit stop. If that makes any sense

Hey, I want to race in open wheel cars. Seems the flavor of the month, with Monaco and Indy this weekend. Can you squeeze me in Group B? No, wait. Make it Group C. Hey Bear.

We have 1 open spot in Group C this season as Roadking wont be available. If RVGracer doesnt take the full time spot I can let you have it.

If he does I can have you down as a Reserve......you should still get to race almost either way

From racing with a league that does default setups you start off a race with default setups. It's when you go in and use your pit strategies is when the pressures change after your pit stop. If that makes any sense
I tried getting some pictures, but failed and not trying again.
I'll essplane again. Once you create and save a setup and if you changed tire pressures, those tire pressures automatically become your default pit strategy tire pressures.

Personally I don’t use default pit strategies. I don’t have time to mess with things on the fly during the race so I have 4 custom pit strategies for specific scenarios. Those strategies don’t adjust when I save my tune, I have to adjust each of them race to race. As far as I have experienced anyways.

Personally I don’t use default pit strategies. I don’t have time to mess with things on the fly during the race so I have 4 custom pit strategies for specific scenarios. Those strategies don’t adjust when I save my tune, I have to adjust each of them race to race. As far as I have experienced anyways.
Your 4 custom pit strategies start out with the default pit strategy. Case closed.

I’m not sure what you are arguing. I created my 4 pit strategies 3 seasons ago and each race I have to adjust fuel and tire pressures for each strategy before the race to make sure they are inline with my tune. If I adjust my tune it doesn’t reflect in the strategies. That is an indisputable fact. Case closed.

I'm not quite sure what's being discussed here as I'm a little bit lost but....

I have 6 strategies I have had made for the last year and a half. Each race, no matter the car, I have to go in and adjust fuel and the psi that I want for that car. My strategies dont ever change the psi.....they stay whatever they were the last time I changed them.

I see that the case has been closed twice in the last 2 posts. I hope I didnt reopen the case by stating what I deal with in my strategies

That’s exactly what I was sayin Camel. I don’t know why there is any discussion at all on it because it is just what it is, there is no grey area.

I make new pit strategies every race. I don't have time to figure the difference between psi and bar. So when I change psi in race setup, my default pit strategy psi automatically changes. Then from there I make my custom pit strategy. No gray area. You guys do it the hard way, I choose the easier way.
Just trying to educate pit strategies. I thought someone brought it up.
People just like to tell others they are wrong.

Well fine that’s an entirely different way of doing it. I don’t care how you do it and wouldn’t tell you that it was wrong but rather than understanding that we do it different you came in here arguing about it. Not that it matters at all because we all get to the same point in different ways but what zebra mentioned and I backed up is how it works for us the way we have decided to do it. Now that that is settled, what’s the consensus in here for setting caster, camber and toe? Every time I play with it I make my car undriveable in no time. It’s so much easier in Gran Turismo, nothing you do breaks your car too much but in pcars it seems micro adjustments can have macro effects.

One of those last word guys....:banghead::banghead::banghead:. Never said I cared how you do it. Hopefully anyone that don't have a psi, bar conversion chart in front of them. Might help with their tire pressures in the pits. Knowing tire pressures are already set from their race set up.

As far as tire angle,,,,,,,lol. Not that you want it from me.. So just enjoy figuring it out.

Latest Posts

Back