Can anyone recommend me a wheel? (PS4)

• Thread starter Mr Tans
  • 12 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
MrTans
As much as I'm enjoying PCARS with a controller, I feel now is the right time to look to invest in a wheel as I can see myself putting in hundreds of hours on this game.

Only problem really is that I don't know where to start looking for one, and what is and isn't a good deal - so if anyone could shed any light or point me in the right direction it would be most appreciated. Thanks!

As much as I'm enjoying PCARS with a controller, I feel now is the right time to look to invest in a wheel as I can see myself putting in hundreds of hours on this game.

Only problem really is that I don't know where to start looking for one, and what is and isn't a good deal - so if anyone could shed any light or point me in the right direction it would be most appreciated. Thanks!
It's all a question of budget. How much do you want to spend?
List of game supported wheels

For strictly PS4 use it has to be T300, the T500 is possibly a slightly better wheel with better pedals but it doesn't have full PS4 compatability.

Having to keep swapping between DS4 and the wheel gets old very fast. :(

There is a whole thread about Thrustmaster T300 and T500 over here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ps4-t300-gte-or-t500rs.319404/

You can also use T80 and T100 but they have not had the greatest reviews and lack some of the features of their bigger brothers.

You can also use some Fanatec wheels and pedals but they are a little more expensive.

I use a T300 with a GTE rim and I have no problems at all with it.

I'm not really sure to be honest, just looking and £200-300 does seem very expensive for a wheel. I can afford it, but I just need to decide if it's worth the outlay I guess.
£200 -£300 is unfournatly at the cheaper end. As no one makes a good entry level wheel like the driving force gt. But I would if you can afford get the the t300 with its various attachments.

Are you looking at spending £2/300 in total? Don't forget you will probably have to fork out for a rig/wheel stand too.

T300 GTE , I'm very happy with mine ! Bought a wheelstand from Amazon for £49.99 and with a few easy mods it's very stable .

Next up for me is a Playseat .

I recommend the T300, bought it for this game, no complaints about it.

Bought a GT Omega wheel stand too, as I didn't want the bar in between my legs lol.

Reason for my recommendation though is because I couldn't find a wheel this good at this price for the PS4 and it is also compatible with PC so that's a bonus.

I say the t500 for the clutch. You only have to launch the game with ds4 once the game is up the t500 wheel works fine in all menus etc the start button turns into the options button. No problems at all :D

I love my T300. Its smoother than the T500 and even though the 500 is (even) stronger, the 300 is more than strong enough imho. While off roading in The Crew it frequently ripped the rim out of my hands over nasty bumps. Also the FFB is so detailed, its a night/day difference over the G27 that I had before. Only downside are the pedals, I guess... I wouldnt know because I got a set of T500 pedals for an insanely cheap prize and those are definitely the one big reason why a T500 would be a good idea too. Love them a lot!

Back