Can Bob keep up?

• Thread starter Aphelion
  • 72 comments
Serious? I've been ripped off! lol. I double checked that all the parts have been bought, oil change done, everything is done to it, and those are the specs.

*edit. doesn't worry me, I'm setting the R up for Bob, he liked my old rocket set up, and the R feels ridiculously fast compared with that. Just gotta get the gearing right.

Serious? I've been ripped off! lol. I double checked that all the parts have been bought, oil change done, everything is done to it, and those are the specs.
Have you set his pace to 'push the pace'? If its any higher he stuffs up allot, if its lower he just won't overtake as fast.

Have you set his pace to 'push the pace'? If its any higher he stuffs up allot, if its lower he just won't overtake as fast.

Yeah, I've tried him on push the pace and push hard, but I'm not sure how that relates to the xbow street having different specs on my game to someone else's :boggled:

Yeah, I've tried him on push the pace and push hard, but I'm not sure how that relates to the xbow street having different specs on my game to someone else's :boggled:
Actually that is interesting. About a year ago a i made a comparison test of the C7 and the Viper, and someone pointed out that his C7 had 80 more HP than mine, so i went to tune it and i had every upgrade. maybe its just a display bug?

And sorry, i thought you were saying that he wasn't winning in the car, not that it wasn't as powerful as everyone else. :dunce:

Has anyone tried the Delta Wings yet? I've personally have never driven the cars before, but they look intriguing for this race.
I could test Bob on them if you wan't. I know its hard to drive them myself, but bob should be able to handle it...

Actually that is interesting. About a year ago a i made a comparison test of the C7 and the Viper, and someone pointed out that his C7 had 80 more HP than mine, so i went to tune it and i had every upgrade. maybe its just a display bug?

And sorry, i thought you were saying that he wasn't winning in the car, not that it wasn't as powerful as everyone else. :dunce:

Ah, all good mate, haven't had any trouble with Bob's competitiveness so far, but I've only tried him in the Rocket on the 'ring. Just set up the Xbow R for him so I'll try that now, it feels a lot faster for me, and I only chucked it about a little with the controller (couldn't be bothered getting my wheel rig out just to make a tune for Bob, he's not that special to me lol).

I could test Bob on them if you wan't. I know its hard to drive them myself, but bob should be able to handle it...

Sure, if you don't mind. I'm tuning the XBow now otherwise I would try them myself. I.CargoRatt seems to be having a bit more trouble driving the XBow than he did the Rocket so I'm going to have to pacify his whiny ass and put a good tune on it for him. :lol:

Sure, if you don't mind. I'm tuning the XBow now otherwise I would try them myself. I.CargoRatt seems to be having a bit more trouble driving the XBow than he did the Rocket so I'm going to have to pacify his whiny ass and put a good tune on it for him. :lol:
Ok i will then. Although i am at school for another 30 mins, so if you don't mind waiting a small while.

I really don;t know if my XBow had any tuning done to it or not. I know I drove one of them early on and tweaked the setup to make it more stable in the corners but not sure if I did the other one or not. I have Bob driving the AE version. I know I tuned the one I got at Goodwood. I'll check it after the race.

The one Bob is in now he does some off roading in the rain but nothing major, sometimes he has an issue when coming off the GP section in traffic but he is consistently in the 27s at the end of the race. First lap times are usually 8:4x - 8:5x sometimes he will take the lead by the time he gets to the carousel other times he will be closer to the last long straight.

Maxed out, fresh oil.

XBow R: 656pp, 547hp, 750kg, 443tq
XBow Street: 655pp, 543hp, 750kg, 439tq
XBow R AE: 655pp, 543pp, 750kg, 442tq

I really don;t know if my XBow had any tuning done to it or not. I know I drove one of them early on and tweaked the setup to make it more stable in the corners but not sure if I did the other one or not. I have Bob driving the AE version. I know I tuned the one I got at Goodwood. I'll check it after the race.

I have the AE but still wanted to own the normal version too so Bob's driving that one lol.

Ok i will then. Although i am at school for another 30 mins, so if you don't mind waiting a small while.

Ahhh, get off the internet while you're at school kid. :lol: (You apparently didn't see my posts in another thread regarding this. :mischievous: :lol:) Seriously though, no problem, whenever you get time. 👍

Wow, what a difference, even with just a quick tune and a few off track excursions, won with the XBow R by 1 minute 17 seconds....total race time of 27 min. 49 sec. As I just eye-balled the tune without driving it, I think I am going to actually have to drive-to-tune to get something comfortable to drive for my prima donna ass driver. :lol: I tell ya, that I.CargoRatt is one picky ass driver, won't settle for anything less than the best of tunes. :mischievous: :lol:

Last edited:
Maxed out, fresh oil.

XBow R: 656pp, 547hp, 750kg, 443tq
XBow Street: 655pp, 543hp, 750kg, 439tq
XBow R AE: 655pp, 543pp, 750kg, 442tq

Wow, I'll go buy another street and see if that's different. Maybe a patch changed the specs, but doesn't apply to cars you got pre-patch? Who knows, I'll check it out anyway. Just gotta let Bob finish this race.

Wow, I'll go buy another street and see if that's different. Maybe a patch changed the specs, but doesn't apply to cars you got pre-patch? Who knows, I'll check it out anyway. Just gotta let Bob finish this race.
They all have miles on them, so that could contribute to the differing power numbers, but they're practicality identical. The R's powerband is more broad...I will say that.

They all have miles on them, so that could contribute to the differing power numbers, but they're practicality identical. The R's power and is more broad...I will say that.

The power figures are the same for mine as they are for yours, but my street weighs significantly more.

Max tuned for me the street is 640pp, 543hp, 798kg. The R is 656pp, 547hp, 750kg. Close but not the same.
Sounds like you either missed some weight reduction or have some ballast weight on the street version. Mine is 750 with 0 ballast and stage 3 weight reduction

Trying the Delta Wing 2013 now just to see what it does

Last edited:
Ahhh, get off the internet while you're at school kid. :lol: (You apparently didn't see my posts in another thread regarding this. :mischievous: :lol:) Seriously though, no problem, whenever you get time. 👍
This is the age of multitaskers!

Humanity is screwed.

So far Bob is not to impressive in the Delta Wing. 1:55 into lap two and he is still in 3rd place.
1st lap was 9:33

Edit: make that 4th place now, he just got passed by a Viper

I wasn't paying attention to the 1st lap but it would appear the only reason he climbed to 3rd was cars pitting in front of him. he has fallen back to 7th now still on lap 2

Edit: 2nd lap 10:18 still in 7th, at least he did not have to pit ;)

Edit: Lap 3 9:10, he did manage to pick up a few positions once the track dried out but still 4th 20 seconds behind the Citroen total time 29:28

The Crossbow would have been at the finish line a minute before the Delta wing got to that last long straight.

<< Delta Wing returns to the garage >>

Last edited:
Bought another xbow street, this one's got the right specs now fully tuned, so I sold the other one. Dunno what the go was with that. I have had a similar thing happen before though. A friend had a car with slightly different specs to mine, and we couldn't work out why. Can't remember the car now, was one of the supercars.

So far Bob is not to impressive in the Delta Wing. 1:55 into lap two and he is still in 3rd place.
1st lap was 9:33

Edit: make that 4th place now, he just got passed by a Viper

I wasn't paying attention to the 1st lap but it would appear the only reason he climbed to 3rd was cars pitting in front of him. he has fallen back to 7th now still on lap 2

Edit: 2nd lap 10:18 still in 7th, at least he did not have to pit ;)

Edit: Lap 3 9:10, he did manage to pick up a few positions once the track dried out but still 4th 20 seconds behind the Citroen total time 29:28

The Crossbow would have been at the finish line a minute before the Delta wing got to that last long straight.

<< Delta Wing returns to the garage >>
Yeah, just started testing it, he is getting destroyed. 2:00 in and he hasn't overtaken anyone!

I can't fault Bob for loosing in the Delta Wing. I may not be able to do any better in it myself, that car is just weird to drive. I took it out on Monza for a couple of laps when I first bought it and then put it back in the garage pretty quick.

Ah, thanks for saving me the time then guys, looks like my intrigue with the car was just a bad idea. :lol: Curiosity almost killed the cat ratt :lol: thanks for saving me. :P

I would say though that to really go fast you are practically telling B Bob what to do all the time every corner so you might as well drive the car yourself! And even at LeMans which is an easy track I'm a good 5 secs a lap quicker driving myself then I can get bob to do by accelerating all the time through all the turns.

I would say though that to really go fast you are practically telling B Bob what to do all the time every corner so you might as well drive the car yourself! And even at LeMans which is an easy track I'm a good 5 secs a lap quicker driving myself then I can get bob to do by accelerating all the time through all the turns.

Naturally I would be a lot faster in almost every case than Bob but the point is to let Bob earn some credits while we do something else. As far as I am concerned that is about the only use he has in GT6 as I completed the races long ago.

One of the things that makes B-Spec a bit more interesting is to experiment with different cars and see how he fairs. The ideal car is one that he can win every time without needing to do any input past the start of the race.

Dream Car Championship won Motegi easily, lost Willow, won Cape Ring even though kept going off the end of the main straight, lost Le Sarthe by going off the end of the Mulsanne Straight 2/3 laps but recovered a with a fine 10 sec win at the 2 lap Nurburgring for a 25 pt championship win over the BMW LMP car. Push Even Harder seems to be a risky command.

Anything where bob has a car the same as or equal to the AI he will struggle/lose, Bob needs all the PP he can get.

This not always the case. I was testing for the discussion on difficulty and Bob was able to win the 24 minute nurb race driving the VW VGT on sports softs. I set him to push the pace and let him do his thing. I think the car tune has a lot to do with it since the rest of the AI use cars straight from the dealership.

Back