Can I get a G25 Shifter to work with new G29 wheel?

• Thread starter Mr P510
  • 4 comments
Hi all,
Just brought a new G29 wheel for GTS.
Can I get my old G25 shifter to work with it through an adaptor or something.

I'm sure others have wondered this as well.

They are similar enough that Leo Bodnar's USB adapter can cope with them all, so it might well be possible. I'm not sure exactly what the differences are, although I have a vague memory that G29 shifter might have the same pinout as the G27 (edit: checked my notes, and it is). Differences between the G25 and G27 pinouts are noted on this github project.

However, I'm pretty sure that only the shifter part would work with a G29 wheel, not the buttons.

Last edited:
I've tried it on the G29, nothing will work on the G25 shifter. Yuo need the Leobodnar usb adapter. It's definitely worth the money !

Edit : I also bought a 3d printed adapter for inside the G25 shifter, for a better feel friction while shifting sequentialy and also in H pattern

I've tried it on the G29, nothing will work on the G25 shifter. Yuo need the Leobodnar usb adapter. It's definitely worth the money !

Edit : I also bought a 3d printed adapter for inside the G25 shifter, for a better feel friction while shifting sequentialy and also in H pattern

AFAIK, the Bodnar USB adapter won't work with PS4 and GTS though :(

I think - and I stress I haven't tried it! - that a G25 to G27/G29 adapter would just need to be wired straight through apart from swapping pins 1 and 7. For someone competent it would be easy to try, and wouldn't cost much in parts.

OTOH, the G29 shifter is often only £25 in the UK (not sure about elsewhere).

I expected G25 shifter to work with G29 out of the box, but I have to confirm that it does not work. The shifter does not even light up. I tried everything software-wise and nothing helped. The shifter simply appears like it is not connected. So the only way is probably third-party USB adapter. I'm very disappointed, Logitech.

Back