Can I have this account banned/deleted so I can make a new one?

I don't like this name anymore and want to go to something else.
That would be your third identity in four weeks...
GTP FAQ
Changing Your Username
Your GTPlanet username is more than just a name – it’s your identity and the way people recognize you. Changing your username is highly discouraged.

I'd rather not have to spend money, but I never looked into it until now. So it's only $12/year? Does it auto-renew and do I have the option to turn that off? Can Premium members use more than 13 characters?

That would be your third identity in four weeks...
GTP FAQ:
Changing Your Username
Your GTPlanet username is more than just a name – it’s your identity and the way people recognize you. Changing your username is highly discouraged.
That's why I want to change it back. I'm widely recognized as DesertPenguin. This name change didn't work as planned so I'd like to go back to what I am recognized as, both on GTP and PSN. I know the original account is banned so I would make something similar so everyone knows it's me at quick glance.

That's why I want to change it back. I'm widely recognized as DesertPenguin. This name change didn't work as planned
But you're missing the point.

Your GTPlanet username is your GTPlanet identity, and you changed it (the wrong way). We don't encourage users to change their identity because it's confusing and disorienting, not just to the community but the user changing their identity. If a user does want to change identities, we invite them to think very carefully about doing so - which I advised you of barely a month ago - before they do so. We limit Premium users to one change of identity a year, partially for that reason, and very few have ever changed a second time.

You went ahead anyway (and, again, the wrong way) and now, four weeks after changing it, you're wanting to change again. Whether it's back to something similar to what it was before, or on to something different, the problem is that you're treating your GTPlanet identity as if it's a disposable chatroom screen name - and quite clearly didn't think very carefully about changing it in the first place.

You obviously had some reason for moving on from DesertPenguin, but didn't think for long enough about the problems or consequences of doing so if the reason can dissolve in under a month. If you're just flitting between identities on a whim and treating them as meaningless, it's very likely that the community will react to your new identity as if it is meaningless - and that's its own problem, and consequence.

It's not on a whim, and it won't be a "new" identity. I'm going back to what I always was, just with a different number. I did think about it and things out of my control affected the situation. It's not some random thing I change just to change, there was a very specific reason behind it. With that now null and void I'd like to revert back to what I've used for the past 3+ years thank you very much.

If it's all the same to you I'll just pay 12 bucks to change my name. I get your point. All I'm asking is if I could avoid having to spend money and go about it a different way. It would be the last time I ever change names.

Latest Posts

Back