Can RiFTW0RkS Pick your brains please ?

• Thread starter RiFTW0RkS
  • 56 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
UK
RiFTW0RkS have an event planned and before we make an official thread with detailed information we would like to ask the drift communities advice?

What’s the best online competition you have entered through this portal and why was it better than all the others you have participated in?

We’re looking for help in creating a challenging Event that is both rewarding to new and experienced drifters. We want to bridge that gap, and we need you to support us. This will encourage more players and raise the stakes. Something everyone here is up for, one would hope.

Is it possible to discuss here in this thread previous online challenges (Competitions) and analyse the best bits and ultimately engineer a fresh competition that will help populate 'drift' sport in GT. Get outsiders in and advertise what a great place this is.

I look forward to being part of something we can all enjoy, in whatever way it manifests for ultimate enjoyment and zero conflict! This will reap the greatest of rewards.

All the best guys and we look forward to sensible mature guidance and your own personal insights in helping us plan the up and coming D0RiKiN (King of Drift Competition).
Uber'Z

Don't know what you mean by "raising the stakes" unless you drift for pinks or something, but even then people could dupe their cars, so it's not even gambling. And experienced players will beat noobs. soooooooooooooooo...

Also, why not just read the D1/FD/VDC threads? They explain in great detail what they are about.

For me, the best part of comps in my opinion is drifting with great drifters

"raising the stakes" = getting more talented people involved !

What works/what does'nt is something i cant get from reading posts.. I need user experience..

You say drifting with great drifters... thats a team event then ?

What about solo competitions ? I cant see any of them !

All the current events (VDC etc.) are Solo. You register purely by yourself. Right now there are no Team events (to my current knowledge).

Some great drifters here

And some of them arent on teams. By solo you mean not 1 team vs. Another team? Most big competitions are solo based, they just rep their teams if they are on one. Plus, just refresh drift lobbies, I always see a comp going on.

Idk either. I been thinking of starting a drift team where you have pros and noobs but the pros go to the real competition and there is also mini competitions within the team. Those ones are for noobs to get to practice with the pros. No pressure of winning since its fun but also fun and learning since you can watch or ask the pros questions. Eventually making more pros.

All the current events (VDC etc.) are Solo. You register purely by yourself. Right now there are no Team events (to my current knowledge).

Most of the entrants are members of a team though ?

And there are no Team challenges. That’s a shame because taking part as a team is all part of any sport.

Seeing as most of the solo entrants in these comps are as i would presume members of teams, there seems no point to having Teams for competition use. You guys must just drift for fun/tandem in your private lobby’s with your teams ? Is this how you develop your skills ?

Its just Im trying to engineer a challenging event for Teams & Solo Players both amature and pro... This must be possible ?

Cheers...

And there are no Team challenges. That’s a shame because taking part as a team is all part of any sport.

Seeing as most of the solo entrants in these comps are as i would presume members of teams, there seems no point to having Teams for competition use. You guys must just drift for fun/tandem in your private lobby’s with your teams ? Is this how you develop your skills ?

Its just Im trying to engineer a challenging event for Teams & Solo Players both amature and pro... This must be possible ?

Cheers...

I suggest you read through the forums before posting anymore

Ok the Team events ? The ones that worked ! and if you find any... Why did they work and what were the experiences of the people who took part..

Because I cant find any post that answer my question... Ive looked and read everything.

Ok lets look at team events ! Please point me in the right direction..

Especialy the user experience.. thats really hard to find !

RiFTW0RkS

Cheers...

Man, I had to quote this one, no disrespect but you come off like you have no knowledge whatsoever about the GT5 drift scene here :lol:.

Check out a few team threads, you'll see what teams are for. Some are on one to pretty much devote ones loyalty to a group of friends, and some battle. When they all start out, they all battle and get their name out there. As time goes on, its all for fun and chill.

As for what makes a comp work, organization, no making up things on the spot. Everything has to be official and regulated. Also, a good host of the room goes a long way, you can't have some loser on the mic, they gotta set the flow of the room.

Man, I had to quote this one, no disrespect but you come off like you have no knowledge whatsoever about the GT5 drift scene here :lol:.

Check out a few team threads, you'll see what teams are for. Some are on one to pretty much devote ones loyalty to a group of friends, and some battle. When they all start out, they all battle and get their name out there. As time goes on, its all for fun and chill.

As for what makes a comp work, organization, no making up things on the spot. Everything has to be official and regulated. Also, a good host of the room goes a long way, you can't have some loser on the mic, they gotta set the flow of the room.

+1 👍

Uber...

Don´t take us as a closed communty that unwelcome all kind of new guys (or teams, or zines, or whatever). Cose we aren´t.

I just think that your approach is... wrong. Maybe because im not fluent to english and not so used to slangs and such, but i don´t feel like you´re get into this in the right manner. Its like if the GT5´s door was open to anyone but o choosed to jump through the window screaming "whos the boss, now?!"

Picking brains?
Planning megalomaniac ideas without even know the basics?
I don´t know... it looks... kinda embarassing. And i don´t like to see someone failing in a project just too early.

I really don´t know how you will gonna fix it, i don´t know if you want to fix anything, by the way. But i really suggest what most (well intentioned) people here are trying to say:

- Know the teams.
- Know the forum´s structure and the most helpfull threads.
- Get some connections before show yourself, asking to anyone follow you.
- Fix the bad content in your facebook page, gather more decent materials.
- Make people believe on what you´re doing just after you have something good to show.

Seriously, i really want you to have sucess, even if it takes years. But you started with the wrong foot, and stills.

Lazy Liquid
Uber...

Don´t take us as a closed communty that unwelcome all kind of new guys (or teams, or zines, or whatever). Cose we aren´t.

I just think that your approach is... wrong. Maybe because im not fluent to english and not so used to slangs and such, but i don´t feel like you´re get into this in the right manner. Its like if the GT5´s door was open to anyone but o choosed to jump through the window screaming "whos the boss, now?!"

Picking brains?
Planning megalomaniac ideas without even know the basics?
I don´t know... it looks... kinda embarassing. And i don´t like to see someone failing in a project just too early.

I really don´t know how you will gonna fix it, i don´t know if you want to fix anything, by the way. But i really suggest what most (well intentioned) people here are trying to say:

- Know the teams.
- Know the forum´s structure and the most helpfull threads.
- Get some connections before show yourself, asking to anyone follow you.
- Fix the bad content in your facebook page, gather more decent materials.
- Make people believe on what you´re doing just after you have something good to show.

Seriously, i really want you to have sucess, even if it takes years. But you started with the wrong foot, and stills.

This is the best post I've read in the drifting forum so far. 👍

I could reply but Im a bit busy looking through posts I obviously skipped...

Ok..Here goes...lol.... I will make time this is important !!!

Im sure RiFTW0RkS will be back soon.. We take this all seriously and really do hope to get one foot at least out of the grave before were back.. There is much development in hand from us and I feel you need to see some of our meat... This is a butchers shop and if I continue to pat my own back this post will end up locked.. Its a fact you guys have not made me welcome.. I can see why I'm not retarded... Its me... I was a big gungho ok ! I just see what fun we could bring... As well as an official Webzine to report on your scene. I'm excited and challenged...

As for people kicking me while Im down, thats ok.. but please dont look at post counts to determine who can throw the punches.. Sometimes +1 replies are a weak mans way of hobbling in ! Not for all of them, You know the people who have not even contributed half as much as we have here and on facebook. Yes its lacking but thats why I need people like you to like and enjoy what we do best... And thats not practical drifting in GT5.... Im pretty naf tbh.... Give me an RC and Im all there !! That was my passion for some time.

The skills I bring and the backing I have in the creative industry fail to raise you.. I may not know were the drift family bonds lie... But I can sure spot a snipper for talent..

I'm really sorry if myself has rattled this place and I'm really not going to go away !!

I love and have passion for Team involvement, the drift scene and everything that goes with it !... Something here I dont have...
But I would like to...

The things I want from this community is for you all to give me a chance... Just to provide a new Driftzine that imo is missing from this place and the www at large..

I really want this challenge and Im really in need of all and every support to get involved in a knowing sort of way and muscle in on your activities..

Im not the BOSS...or anything else I have thrown at me the last few days... And quite rightly so in some respects...

Lets get RiFTW0RkS back on track and I am asking everyone to help me report on everything drift and encorporate it into my dream.. I start that and maybe work out the finer details of the D0RiKiN..

A digital webzine for anything & everything drift..

It’s going to work this time ! A Drift Webzine is needed… Others have failed you guys told me this. I won’t fail this challenge..

If I was, I would have left already...

Thanks for your time,
Uber

I could reply but Im a bit busy looking through posts I obviously skipped...

Ok..Here goes...lol.... I will make time this is important !!!

Im sure RiFTW0RkS will be back soon.. We take this all seriously and really do hope to get one foot at least out of the grave before were back.. There is much development in hand from us and I feel you need to see some of our meat... This is a butchers shop and if I continue to pat my own back this post will end up locked.. Its a fact you guys have not made me welcome.. I can see why I'm not retarded... Its me... I was a big gungho ok ! I just see what fun we could bring... As well as an official Webzine to report on your scene. I'm excited and challenged...

As for people kicking me while Im down, thats ok.. but please dont look at post counts to determine who can throw the punches.. Sometimes +1 replies are a weak mans way of hobbling in ! Not for all of them, You know the people who have not even contributed half as much as we have here and on facebook. Yes its lacking but thats why I need people like you to like and enjoy what we do best... And thats not practical drifting in GT5.... Im pretty naf tbh.... Give me an RC and Im all there !! That was my passion for some time.

The skills I bring and the backing I have in the creative industry fail to raise you.. I may not know were the drift family bonds lie... But I can sure spot a snipper for talent..

I'm really sorry if myself has rattled this place and I'm really not going to go away !!

I love and have passion for Team involvement, the drift scene and everything that goes with it !... Something here I dont have...
But I would like to...

The things I want from this community is for you all to give me a chance... Just to provide a new Driftzine that imo is missing from this place and the www at large..

I really want this challenge and Im really in need of all and every support to get involved in a knowing sort of way and muscle in on your activities..

Im not the BOSS...or anything else I have thrown at me the last few days... And quite rightly so in some respects...

Lets get RiFTW0RkS back on track and I am asking everyone to help me report on everything drift and encorporate it into my dream.. I start that and maybe work out the finer details of the D0RiKiN..

A digital webzine for anything & everything drift..

It’s going to work this time ! A Drift Webzine is needed… Others have failed you guys told me this. I won’t fail this challenge..

If I was, I would have left already...

Thanks for your time,
Uber

You need to do some ground level research man. Stop asking people for their opinions, which clearly isn't working out for you, and get online (in GT5) and see what going on! Plenty of legit teams host open comps in public lobbies, check them out and see what makes them work!

Also, like others (and myself) have been saying, take a look at the Teams & Meets section. If you read their opening post, you generally get what team is about. Also, in most, if not all, team threads, they usually talk about a comp they were just in and give feedback to the others on the team. Like it's been said already, you rarely see a whole team in one comp, usually it's to do with time zones and availability.

Hope this helps, cheer up man. If you stop coming off like a reporter and actually ask things that are easily researchable, you'll get more interest. I think a lot of people aren't cutting you slack because you "sound" like you know what you're saying but don't really have a clue (no means a shot at your intelligence, rather experience).

You need to do some ground level research man. Stop asking people for their opinions, which clearly isn't working out for you, and get online (in GT5) and see what going on! Plenty of legit teams host open comps in public lobbies, check them out and see what makes them work!

Also, like others (and myself) have been saying, take a look at the Teams & Meets section. If you read their opening post, you generally get what team is about. Also, in most, if not all, team threads, they usually talk about a comp they were just in and give feedback to the others on the team. Like it's been said already, you rarely see a whole team in one comp, usually it's to do with time zones and availability.

Hope this helps, cheer up man. If you stop coming off like a reporter and actually ask things that are easily researchable, you'll get more interest. I think a lot of people aren't cutting you slack because you "sound" like you know what you're saying but don't really have a clue (no means a shot at your intelligence, rather experience).

It helps.. And we are reporters... thats what a magazine does... And we were hoping the community came to us with the news ?

I was hoping to cover the VDC.. I had things in place..Video/Photos.. We had a pit pass in place even !! Everything we were working at was what you were telling me to do.. But I was not doing it on public display...

This is just to get RiFTW0RkS back to were I was and people (not you) will not give me credit for work i was already doing behind the scenes..

You know everyone seems to think they know me.. pass judgement like im on some sort of appraisal period..

It helps.. And we are reporters... thats what a magazine does... And we were hoping the community came to us with the news ?

I was hoping to cover the VDC.. I had things in place..Video/Photos.. We had a pit pass in place even !! Everything we were working at was what you were telling me to do.. But I was not doing it on public display...

This is just to get RiFTW0RkS back to were I was and people (not you) will not give me credit for work i was already doing behind the scenes..

You know everyone seems to think they know me.. pass judgement like im on some sort of appraisal period..

People would come to you if they knew you, where can people see your work? How long have you been doing this? Do you have a resume? If you're as legit as you say you are, you have failed at communicating what you have established, as a reporter. Again, no shots, just letting you know what needs to be done.

Still, the teams and meets section is where you wanna be, just find a thread that looks interesting, by thread title, and ask whatever you want! Just be sure not to spam and leave when asked! I know you'll find a few highly established teams that will contribute, but you'll also find some that are solely for the fun of it (no comps etc). You'll clearly see who I'm talking about.

If you're going to cover the rest of VDJ, go ahead, I for one would love to hear/see what's happening without waiting for word of mouth. Stop thinking and start doing bro! :cheers:

People would come to you if they knew you, where can people see your work? How long have you been doing this? Do you have a resume? If you're as legit as you say you are, you have failed at communicating what you have established, as a reporter. Again, no shots, just letting you know what needs to be done.

Still, the teams and meets section is where you wanna be, just find a thread that looks interesting, by thread title, and ask whatever you want! Just be sure not to spam and leave when asked! I know you'll find a few highly established teams that will contribute, but you'll also find some that are solely for the fun of it (no comps etc). You'll clearly see who I'm talking about.

If you're going to cover the rest of VDJ, go ahead, I for one would love to hear/see what's happening without waiting for word of mouth. Stop thinking and start doing bro! :cheers:

Oh man we wish we could be running news features on the VDC.. There have been restrictions put in place down to our own actions.. These will NOT be lifted this year and we have missed the slot..

As for a resume.. Thats been requested in one of the d-max threads.. Its not happening.. this is pleasure for us... a sideline to a creative work life doing other things besides this .. Really not the place here , Cards just cant be thrown on the table its not profesional and thats something we strive to be...

Thanks for your advise and the proof is in our pudding and its yet to be even put in the oven..

Here is hoping... And look at RiFTW0RkS as a group of creative guys in that industry, coming together as my idea to spend time in recreational time to have a bit of fun.. At the same time as giving you guys something thats yours !!

Because RiFTW0RkS is nothing atm without you... however cheesie that may come across... Its real !!!

"raising the stakes" = getting more talented people involved !

What works/what does'nt is something i cant get from reading posts.. I need user experience..

Seriously i just spotted a major typo.. Solo should be TEAM... And Sean was on track with this thread I seem to have driven it off path..

Here is a comment...something posted to facebook a few days ago..

Might help me, get you thinking about the idea here I have and the Kind of drift video competition planned..

rift.png

Last edited:
Well its really simple concept..

We make you a drift video.. There are no points systems or complicated scoring systems..
Your drift skills are captured and few other tricks to compile a video of you OR your team displaying skills in drifting.. You pick the track ! You pick everything to put together a few minutes worth of eye candy...

It was planned every 4 months to change the challenge.. It could extend to TEAM battles, Tandem runs whatever its open scope ! If there are any Initial D fans we could run a roleplay kind of storyboard theme.. its all different flavours for a mixed ability of drifters.. Solo or team depending on the event that quarter..(every 4 months)

The videos put together from the collection of replays captured will be mixed by the creative team at RiFTW0RkS.. All the videos will be uploaded here and can be voted on. This way the watcher can pick the best drifters..

Entrants would be able to drift on our lobby to collect the footage and send it to us.. There was going to be a photshoot before hand so we get shots for the Webzine and the video edits .. ? Hope your with me because if not I'm lost lol...
?

RiFTW0RkS

We make you a drift video.. There are no points systems or complicated scoring systems..
Your drift skills are captured and few other tricks to compile a video of you OR your team displaying skills in drifting.. You pick the track ! You pick everything to put together a few minutes worth of eye candy...

Oh my god. Like the little contest things from Video Option when teams drift and get voted on and scored? That's really a good idea to be honest (if that's what your talking about).

BOOM! That's what I have been looking for. You want to create media for people. Plain and simple.

The rest of the post lost me though. I don't understand the challenges still.

Umm, our team already does that. But the team battle stuff is pointless

I know ;-) Looks like you had fun... Team battle could be fun with a few tweaks... We all thought about encorporating Team battle events by using things in the game Now.. Like fuel restrictions, Damage and using the pit lane to engineer a clever Team event.. This I hoped to take futher once this thing got kick started because that is a major challenge, Team Drift events is one I just cant organise right now until we have run a few and tweaked to get it working and fair.. I get excited thinking about Team Video Drift battles... Our video creations with your direction... Motion/video and audio could recreate something you could keep. Play over and over... You know these videos exist..

Ive been thinking about this for longer than people give me credit ;-)

My ultimate king of drift aKa D0RiKiN would be a Team Battle Video event.. With fair voting system built into a voting system away from GTP platform.. Its all possible with thought and talks with the drifters...

Oh my god. Like the little contest things from Video Option when teams drift and get voted on and scored? That's really a good idea to be honest (if that's what your talking about).

Thanks and i have already said think of us as Option mag for the virual drift..

I have hope yet :-)

Thanks for getting into my head and coming out the other side !

My ultimate king of drift aKa D0RiKiN would be a Team Battle Video event.. With fair voting system built into a voting system away from GTP platform.. Its all possible with thought and talks with the drifters...

Adding to what JrDarkness said I think. You could do an event where you record battles and post them here on GTP and let the users vote on the winner (Something like the photomode comps). Let the poll last like a couple days to a week. That's probably as new as it can get. You will need a lot of camera cars though to get a good video

Also stop double posting, just edit your previos post like i did here to this post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back