can someone please help

  • Thread starter Thread starter michrulejj
  • 45 comments
  • 2,022 views
Messages
2,191
United States
Ohio
Messages
michrulejj
Ok this pat week I lost power while on GT5 at around 2:30 am the day the update came out. I was on b spec race I lost power it shut off. Long story short everytime I tried to update I got a corruption error. I deleted everything and now when I go to restart everything it won't update. I still get the corruption error. Can anyone help me? I don't car if I have to restart just I need to update. By the way I can play offline on the new file but I get a error every update.
 
Delete the updates from "game data utility" on your XMB(should be around 15Gb and take about 15 minutes to delete) just don't delete the game save from the "save data utility"
 
michrulejj
Ok this pat week I lost power while on GT5 at around 2:30 am the day the update came out. I was on b spec race I lost power it shut off. Long story short everytime I tried to update I got a corruption error. I deleted everything and now when I go to restart everything it won't update. I still get the corruption error. Can anyone help me? I don't car if I have to restart just I need to update. By the way I can play offline on the new file but I get a error every update.

So you deleted your GT5 game data or save data?

Let me know so I can try to help you further
 
So you deleted your GT5 game data or save data?

Let me know so I can try to help you further

I deleted game data. I saved my save and backup on usb.

And jg I did. I still get error 80029564 at the end of the first of 18 updates.
 
jgancherjr
Delete the updates from "game data utility" on your XMB(should be around 15Gb and take about 15 minutes to delete) just don't delete the game save from the "save data utility"

This

Edit: sorry I didn't see the post before this one.
 
I even deleted everything to restart (backed up other files on usb though) and I still get same error when I try to update.
 
michrulejj
I even deleted everything to restart (backed up other files on usb though) and I still get same error when I try to update.

Try this.

Do not skip any steps

1. Take usb flash drives and disc out of the ps3 then turn off the ps3
2. PRESS AND HOLD the power button till the ps3 turns on and then off. Then release your finger
3. Then PRESS AND HOLD your finger till you hear the double beep (you will hear the first beep then a second beep then a quick double beep) then release your finger.
4. You will then be prompted to "plug in your controller using a usb cable and Press the ps button. Do that then STOP.
5. You will see a screen with 6 options. You will select OPTION 3 (restore file system) do that then follow the screens after just a couple X clicks then it will start that. Then see if that fixes it if not then we will try a different options on that screen.
 
Try this.

Do not skip any steps

1. Take usb flash drives and disc out of the ps3 then turn off the ps3
2. PRESS AND HOLD the power button till the ps3 turns on and then off. Then release your finger
3. Then PRESS AND HOLD your finger till you hear the double beep (you will hear the first beep then a second beep then a quick double beep) then release your finger.
4. You will then be prompted to "plug in your controller using a usb cable and Press the ps button. Do that then STOP.
5. You will see a screen with 6 options. You will select OPTION 3 (restore file system) do that then follow the screens after just a couple X clicks then it will start that. Then see if that fixes it if not then we will try a different options on that screen.

copy file from usb then take out or no?
 
michrulejj
copy file from usb then take out or no?

What i would do is back up your save data first. Then take out your flash drive and disc. Might as well delete the save data totally off the ps3 and do the same to your game data for GT5. Because you can just restore it later. Before you start this one sec and i will take a picture of those screens ok


2012-09-29201033_zpsa852b459.jpg


2012-09-29201118_zps3fc274dc.jpg
 
Ok i did it before. Well got to screen ill do it now.

Should it restore pretty quick?
 
I would say delete ur gt5 SAVE DATA and not ur GAME DATA...and just consider it a loss...and then format ur usb flash drive so that is clean and good to go..and just back up ur data like once a week from now on...
 
michrulejj
Ok i did it before. Well got to screen ill do it now.

I hope this first option will work. If not we can try another one. Because pretty much what it sounds like is just a hard drive error and nothing else. I got one of these a while back and i fixed it. So let me know how this gos. I know you will have to spend some time downloading the updates for GT5. I should be up most of the night so I will check in every so often. About how long will it take you to download the updates you think?

michrulejj
Should it restore pretty quick?

Depends. It usually takes it about 5 mins for me. I do this a lot to keep my ps3 running clean. I don't ever let it do it by its self though after the system freezes
 
2 1/2 hours maybe. I'll be up tonight also. If I cam get it to work ill delete the file with nothing then load my old one and do the same.
 
michrulejj
2 1/2 hours maybe. I'll be up tonight also. If I cam get it to work ill delete the file with nothing then load my old one and do the same.

Also I would wait to put your save data back on till after you do the updates. To further see if it is the save data ok.

So do the updates before you put your save data back on the system.
If it does the updates fine with no save data then it is most likely your save data.

If it still doesn't without then save data then i will have you try another option.

But make sure you delete both game data and save data off of the system. Just i am trying to save your save data haha
 
Yah. I'll update all of it see if it works if it does ill just copy save data from usb. If i have to restart I have to. Besides I wouldn't like too since I have 550 or more cars lol.
 
michrulejj
Yah. I'll update all of it see if it works if it does ill just copy save data from usb. If i have to restart I have to. Besides I wouldn't like too since I have 550 or more cars lol.

Yep like i said above I am trying to help you save your save data
 
Yah. I hope I do because I ordered a gaming pc and once I get that I might not put as much time into GT5 as I do now. Lol
 
michrulejj
Yah. I hope I do because I ordered a gaming pc and once I get that I might not put as much time into GT5 as I do now. Lol

One way or the other I'll try my best to do everything i can to make sure you don't lose your save.


Well i will check back in a hour or two going to make dinner
 
Last edited:
It may take some time. It's half way through 1st of 18. Lol
 
michrulejj
It may take some time. It's half way through 1st of 18. Lol

No problem. Like i said i should be up most of the night. If i do pass out i will check when i wake up
 
Every time it fails at the end of the 1st so ill probably know then.
 
I got through 1st one went to install and I got the same error. 80029564
 
michrulejj
I got through 1st one went to install and I got the same error. 80029564

So there is no save date on the system and it's still doing that. This is got to be a something corrupted.

Do what i said to get to that screen with the 6 options on it but this time you are going to try option 4 (rebuild database).
It will do more and take longer to do than the restore file system but it should fix this. Just a little info it will rename some of your files such as music/videos/pictures but will not delete them.

But try this....
If this doesn't work then you might have to format to get it to where it should be able to work.
 
Ok. Should I load my file off the usb or no? And corrupted data appeared at the bottom of the game portion of the CNN. Delete that?
 
michrulejj
Ok. Should I load my file off the usb or no? And corrupted data appeared at the bottom of the game portion of the CNN. Delete that?

Sorry really tired haha what do you mean by CNN?
 
michrulejj
XMB auto correct on my phone. Lol

Yeah if it is corrupted you might as well delete it.

But yeah try what i said a min ago. Because it isn't your save data. Worst case scenario is you will have to format the system if rebuild database doesn't work.

But just to confirm it downloads the first update then when it goes to install it gives you that error?
 
Yah it was at 14% install then I got that. After rebuilding it git rid of the corrupted file so maybe it will help.
 
michrulejj
Yah it was at 14% install then I got that. After rebuilding it git rid of the corrupted file so maybe it will help.

Ok well let me know
 
Back