can someone please help

  • Thread starter Thread starter michrulejj
  • 45 comments
  • 2,022 views
It's updating faster too. Just a quick question in your picture is the VW doing a stoppie or just going in reverse?
 
michrulejj
It's updating faster too. Just a quick question in your picture is the VW doing a stoppie or just going in reverse?

Hahahaha... Yeah it is a stoppie. I did it a long time ago on the straightaway at Tsukuba in practice mode. I hit about 80-90 mph and then slam on the brakes. It touches the front licence plate on the ground. I had put a stupid tune on it and i originally wanted to be on 2 wheels around the turn at Indy super Speedway. When i hit the brakes and that happened. I was like O_O screw two wheels going around the corner hahaha.

I am waiting to hopefully hear good news.


Well i assume you passed out. Well i am about to head off to bed right now. I will be back to check after this afternoon
 
Last edited:
Yah I did. It didn't work. Will formatting delete everything?
 
michrulejj
Yah I did. It didn't work. Will formatting delete everything?

Yes.


Sorry it didn't work. I mean it fixed my ps went out of window
 
I emailed Sony support so hopefully they can help. I read that rebuilding helps but it didn't. Also should I reinstall dlc first?
 
michrulejj
I emailed Sony support so hopefully they can help. I read that rebuilding helps but it didn't. Also should I reinstall dlc first?

I mean you can try. But i mean i have never seen rebuild database not help fix it you know.
 
Yah. I called them a couple different times. They are having me do random things. If this last step they told me doesn't work they will transfer me to the Gran Turismo branch of Sony.
 
michrulejj
Yah. I called them a couple different times. They are having me do random things. If this last step they told me doesn't work they will transfer me to the Gran Turismo branch of Sony.

See if you can get that number to the GT department for me ok. I lost it in my old phone
 
See if you can get that number to the GT department for me ok. I lost it in my old phone

I will. I think I have one more step then I will get referred. I will pm you it to you when I get it.

Just got done talking to them. Guy said there was no GT5 department?! Buy he said to backup all my files on usb or something then re format the whole system.

Solved. I subscribed to playstation plus. Loaded all save file to the cloud. Then have to re format. The guy from Sony said this will work. So let's see. Only bad thing I have to update every single game.
 
Last edited:
Did you ever try updating from a different location?
 
michrulejj
I will. I think I have one more step then I will get referred. I will pm you it to you when I get it.

Just got done talking to them. Guy said there was no GT5 department?! Buy he said to backup all my files on usb or something then re format the whole system.

Solved. I subscribed to playstation plus. Loaded all save file to the cloud. Then have to re format. The guy from Sony said this will work. So let's see. Only bad thing I have to update every single game.

Yep let me know if reformatting works. I was trying to have you do everything before taking it to that level. I just wish you didn't have to format



There's a department of Sony that online works on GT5 problems though
 
Last edited:
michrulejj
Ok this pat week I lost power while on GT5 at around 2:30 am the day the update came out. I was on b spec race I lost power it shut off. Long story short everytime I tried to update I got a corruption error. I deleted everything and now when I go to restart everything it won't update. I still get the corruption error. Can anyone help me? I don't car if I have to restart just I need to update. By the way I can play offline on the new file but I get a error every update.

I had a thread open about this, I haven't tried the restore mode method yet, but I heard that the new gt5 academy addition will have all the updates installed already. So when it comes out I'm just going to buy that and hope it works. In my country the release was delayed till the 9th October. Not sure about the rest of the world. Also, you could try ps3 proxy and download the updates on a laptop and then transfer the updates to the ps3
 
Well o tried everything. And before you restore subscribe to playstation plus if you haven't to back up your save data. It didn't work for me so I have to pay $100 to get it sent in for repair. Hopefully you can resolve it.
 
michrulejj
Well o tried everything. And before you restore subscribe to playstation plus if you haven't to back up your save data. It didn't work for me so I have to pay $100 to get it sent in for repair. Hopefully you can resolve it.

Even the format didn't work?
 
Back