Can somone please explain the power graph?

• Thread starter P3nT4gR4m
  • 35 comments
All these graphs are wrong, horsepower and torque ALWAYS cross each other at 5252 rpm.
These aren't graphs of horsepower and torque together. The left one is a comparison of just horsepower before mods and after. The right one is the same comparison for torque.
What I was referring to about the intersection at 5252 rpm, is if the chart has both HP and torque. It's because there is a mathmatical formula that derives HP from torque readings, and the math makes the two always equal at 5252 rpm.
If you superimpose the left blue line on the right blue line, you will see that they cross at 5200rpm. Same with the two red lines. Look closely at where both blue lines and both red lines are, at 5200 rpm...same value on the left verticle scale.

These aren't graphs of horsepower and torque together. The left one is a comparison of just horsepower before mods and after. The right one is the same comparison for torque.
What I was referring to about the intersection at 5252 rpm, is if the chart has both HP and torque. It's because there is a mathmatical formula that derives HP from torque readings, and the math makes the two always equal at 5252 rpm.
If you superimpose the left blue line on the right blue line, you will see that they cross at 5200rpm. Same with the two red lines. Look closely at where both blue lines and both red lines are, at 5200 rpm...same value on the left verticle scale.

Heh! I was wondering if this was somehow significant and, if so, what a good position would be. I guess that's that dumb question answered :embarrassed:

Hey i want to ask something. Okay, in the first 3 games (gt1, 2, and 3) when you upgraded your power, often the peak revs that the power is achieved would go up. Let me explain:

Like i have a Shelby Cobra from GT3. Peak power is as follows:

Stage 1: 680@6,700 rpms ... 689.0 ft-lbs@3,700 rpms

Stage 2: 740@6,900 rpms ... 674.5 ft-lbs@3,900 rpms

See how as we change a part, not only does the power & torque rise, but so do the RPMs at which these peaks are achieved.

Now in GT4, they got rid of this. If your car makes its peak power at 5,000 rpms, it will always make its peak power at 5,000 rpms, no matter which part you install. If it makes peak torque at 3,000, it will always make peak torque at 3,000, no matter which part you install.

Can someone tell me if they kept this system for GT5P, or did they go back to the older (more realistic) system of variable peaking rpms from earlier games?

why are you explaining what i already know? i wasn't referring to the Interceptor's graphs

why are you explaining what i already know? i wasn't referring to the Interceptor's graphs
But you quoted me further above, talking about these graphs exactly, no? :confused:

On another note, the curves do not cross at 5252 rpm in many graphs because power and torque are scaled differently.

All these graphs are wrong, horsepower and torque ALWAYS cross each other at 5252 rpm.

just overlap the images and look again.

overlapvv0.jpg

Back