Can the PS4 version of GT7 be upgraded to the PS5 version if it is obtained with a download code from the 25th Anniversary edition?

Palestine
Palestine
PSN:chebuzdatel
Can the PS4 version of GT7 be upgraded to the PS5 version if it is obtained with a download code from the 25th Anniversary edition?

Are you talking about the disc version or the digital deluxe version? The disc version requires the disc for the PS5, and the PS4/digital version included with that cannot be upgraded to the PS5 digital version. The digital deluxe version includes digital versions for both the PS4 and PS5.

With that said, you can play the PS4 digital version on the PS5, but you won't get the PS5 graphics.

Last edited:
You can't upgrade the free PS4 version to the PS5 version since as an owner of the 25th AE you should own a PS5 version anyway.
It's terrible that a person can't upgrade his game bought for money to the PS5 version for $10, what should he do if he gets a PS5DE? Repurchase a game specifically for PS5...?

Are you talking about the disc version or the digital deluxe version? The disc version requires the disc for the PS5, and the PS4/digital version included with that cannot be upgraded to the PS5 digital version. The digital deluxe version includes digital versions for both the PS4 and PS5.

With that said, you can play the PS4 digital version on the PS5, but you won't get the PS5 graphics.
I mean, buy an activation code for the PS4 version of the GT7 Anniversary Edition, activate it on your account and then upgrade to the PS5 version for an additional fee, but apparently this does not work ...

No it does not work, and this is intentional.
Those codes are not to be sold standalone, so every owner of the code should have both versions anyway. If you buy such a key standalone, you did not purchase it fully and therefore have no right to the upgrade.

EDIT:
I guess with PS5DE you mean the PS5 without a disc drive?
If so, why would you have bought the physical version anyway?

Last edited:
It's terrible that a person can't upgrade his game bought for money to the PS5 version for $10, what should he do if he gets a PS5DE? Repurchase a game specifically for PS5...?
Well, the game you bought cames with a PS5 version disk in the box. Even a special steelbox as a matter of fact.
And, at least in Portugal, Sony Playstation website said clearly that the redeem code for PS4 from 25th Anniversary could not be upgraded

Not sure why someone would buy the most expensive version of the game that could be played in every PS4 or PS5 except the version he doesn't have. And comes here crap about it.

One would say you only want to buy a code from someone else by cents on the dollar and get a 80 dollars game for 10 bucks...

Well, the game you bought cames with a PS5 version disk in the box. Even a special steelbox as a matter of fact.
And, at least in Portugal, Sony Playstation website said clearly that the redeem code for PS4 from 25th Anniversary could not be upgraded

Not sure why someone would buy the most expensive version of the game that could be played in every PS4 or PS5 except the version he doesn't have. And comes here crap about it.

One would say you only want to buy a code from someone else by cents on the dollar and get a 80 dollars game for 10 bucks...
It didn't occur to you that someone buys a collectible stillbook, but they can have a PS5 without a disc drive, and they can't activate the PS4 versions on their PS5 and upgrade it for money, that's real stupid.

No it does not work, and this is intentional.
Those codes are not to be sold standalone, so every owner of the code should have both versions anyway. If you buy such a key standalone, you did not purchase it fully and therefore have no right to the upgrade.

EDIT:
I guess with PS5DE you mean the PS5 without a disc drive?
If so, why would you have bought the physical version anyway?

I have a PS4 disc version for my PS4, but I want to play GT7 on my PS5 without a disc drive, but I don't have the option to purchase the game from the PS store, actually I asked this for information and I got it))

Back