Can the stock block of the 458 handle 1000hp?

• Thread starter furryboy96
  • 13 comments
Maybe, but why do that when you can swap in a stock 5.3 Silverado engine that will do the same, as proven by the internet expert bench racing guild.

Let's see...

Ferrari managed to get 562 horsepower from a 4.5L V8 in 2009, which Ferrari claims was a record for hp/litre at the time. They got 35 more horses four years later with the 458 Speciale, which Ferrari also claims was a record for hp/litre. Keep in mind that the engines and chassis have to comply with ever-so-stringent emissions and safety standards. Setting these records while simultaneously following the laws is impressive engineering.

The F8 Tributo produces 725 HP from a 3.9L V8 with forced induction, so adding a turbocharger could get it closer to 1000 HP with relative ease.

I suppose it's possible if emissions/safety regulations didn't have to be put in mind. Simply adding more power would also take a toll on the engine's overall reliabilty, I would guess. I'm not an engineer, so take my words with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Ignoring that fact that such a thing would never run on pump gas, the real question is why would you bother with a 1000hp on a stock bottom end?

My original post stands, 1k hp, while way overkill is easily attainable with otherwise boring truck engine now. What makes a 458 engine special is basically being the peak of normal aspiration engines.

I know this person posts these silly threads often, still wanted to give my opinion on it lol.

Maybe, but why do that when you can swap in a stock 5.3 Silverado engine that will do the same, as proven by the internet expert bench racing guild.

Thank you, now I want to find a wrecked 360 Modena and LS swap it just to utterly piss off the Ferrari people. :lol:

My original post stands, 1k hp, while way overkill is easily attainable with otherwise boring truck engine now. What makes a 458 engine special is basically being the peak of normal aspiration engines.

I know this person posts these silly threads often, still wanted to give my opinion on it lol.

What's so silly about them? I just want to know the strengths of various engines. I'm going to continue to post these questions

What's so silly about them? I just want to know the strengths of various engines. I'm going to continue to post these questions
Why post them here? Who on here can possibly answer the question of whether a Ferrari F136 block can handle 1000hp? Ask at FerrariChat or something.

And why? Why is the block important? You're not getting 1000hp from an F136 without significant modification, so why is it required to keep the chunk of metal where the cylinders are exactly the same without any kind of modification?

What would you even do with this information when you get it?

3f2pf2.jpg

Ask at FerrariChat or something.
I suspect he already did.

Link courtesy of @Joey D.

Last edited:
Back