Can tuned road-going cars compete with legit race cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter im playing gt5
  • 50 comments
  • 4,634 views
My Silvia RM is faster than my fully tuned Silvia street car. At least when I drive them.

About the GT500/300 car race series restrictions. These rules don't apply in the game because people add tuning parts to them to make them faster. Shame because they are great driving cars without the added HP.
 
iamjajo
My Silvia RM is faster than my fully tuned Silvia street car. At least when I drive them.

About the GT500/300 car race series restrictions. These rules don't apply in the game because people add tuning parts to them to make them faster. Shame because they are great driving cars without the added HP.

but their even better with more power! my yellow hat gtr is running over 700 and i thinks irs one of the buys in the game! but back to the topic i think uts purely dependant on what competes what and the drivers own ablilty! i beat my cousin in a honda beat when they where in my dodge viper acr!
 
Youre absoloutely right there! Hardcore gamers will win that race. I dont have that chance. Lol i sit on a sofa and if i get five minutes of peace for games at once then im very lucky. Ive always just had, instantly, a LOT of pace on pretty much any racing game. Except mariokart.:-D but i have a pc sim mate who let me play rfactor and iracing. Im still fast. Had them (sort of) mastered in a few days. Mario kart wii took the last year!

Some racing games are harder than others. GT5 took me a while to master with the steering, because I found it radically different from GT4. (I'm getting GT5 and a PS3 in about a month for my birthday. :))

Mario Kart Wii, however, was one of the easiest games for me to master. (Former 9999 Legit VR player, currently at 9785 VR. Two star rank.)

Hardcore gamers (and I will be one once I get GT5) are going to win almost all the time in games like GT5. MKW, though, has that chance of being random because of the items and hacks, and hardcore players don't win all of the time (found that out when trying to get 9999 VR.)
 
There are like 10 cars you can Race modify, but thats not enough. I just want more options for more cars. A true auto sculpting feature would be awesome. Then you could basically make your kits by lower the front end, widening the car and cutting half the back and replacing it with a huge diffuser lol
 
A RS6 Advant fully tuned can hang with a stock GT500 car for one lap at the ring
 
Some racing games are harder than others. GT5 took me a while to master with the steering, because I found it radically different from GT4.

Really? I didn't! I think GT5 is actually EASIER than gt4!
The speed seems less in gt5. And the tires seem more grippy. (in gt5 I immediately thought soft tires were more like super-soft in gt4, and mediums in gt5 are more like softs in gt4)

Hardcore gamers (and I will be one once I get GT5) are going to win almost all the time in games like GT5

Anything where practice makes a big difference is going to be that way.
There's no way say, someone with a spouse & 2 small children is ever going to be able to play gt5 5+ hours a day like some die hard gamers do.
I only live with one other person, & I have to fight for time on the ps3/tv. LOL

A RS6 Advant fully tuned can hang with a stock GT500 car for one lap at the ring

With who driving? That's not enough information.
 
I beat a Calibra DTM in a BMW M5 at 530PP, 2 laps of the Nurburgring.
 
Really? I didn't! I think GT5 is actually EASIER than gt4!
The speed seems less in gt5. And the tires seem more grippy. (in gt5 I immediately thought soft tires were more like super-soft in gt4, and mediums in gt5 are more like softs in gt4)

I agree; the tires are more grippy, and the SSR (Super Soft - Racing) are TOO grippy for me. Also; I use a G25, and GT4 was harder to learn because, as you stated, there is more grip and the speed seems less.
 
Got to love those super cars with 4WD.

The one thing I dont understand is that it understeered so badly, ended up on the grass on the exit sometimes and yet it still can beat an LMP.
 
The old LMP cars yeah.

It depends on the track as well, a well tuned McLaren can slaughter lmp's on the long straights of le sarthe, as long as you keep stock tranny. Most lmp's wont reach 230 (except for the C9 and 88cv) the trick is fine tuning the suspension and downforce on that track.
 
the biggest difference is downforce and weight, which gives the race cars a huge advantage over road cars.

Also race cars have a race frame, this is the biggest difference and why they (tuned road cars) cant compete with race cars IMO.
 
Also race cars have a race frame, this is the biggest difference and why they (tuned road cars) cant compete with race cars IMO.

That's why you have PP races , weight and downforce are both taken into the calculations.
 
Less powerful Corvette ZR1 RM will always be faster around the track than fully tuned Viper ACR.
So no, fully tuned road cars can never compare to race cars.
 
In a PP race a street car will end up with alot more power than a race car with downforce. So on the straights the street car will have a big advantage, but not in the corners.
 
The Vette ZR1 with racing modifications can beat the "supercars". But you must have the skills..... or you will eat dust.
 
More helpful information would be if maidiopt said he does better time trials himself in the R35 gt-R than he does in the DTM racecars.
But that's not what he said. He said he beats other people....



Well that makes all the difference doesn't it.

Just for an example: someone who plays this game for 6hrs per day for the past 6 months is obviously going to be better in something like an alto works than someone who plays 3hrs per week for the past month in whatever they drive. Especially if the casual player has more distractions in their home, and the regular gamer is sitting in isolation not interrupted. LOL ;)

I don't think the OP (& certainly not me) is interested in who can beat who in what car in a dirty online pub game. LOL
The question was - can the cars equal out. And the answer is probably not very.

OR maybe I'm wrong & the question might have been can it be done in Aspec.
My bf says some of the "lower" class race cars are kind of crappy, and in aspec, with predictable AI drivers, someone just decent enough can definitely take some non racecars in some races, and win, or only have trouble with one particular race car and you can roll that one out by reloading the race. Stuff like that.
I think I did some race with a regular car against low race cars because I didn't want to have to buy another car I didn't want to enter it.

Who is this GT God aka your bf you mention in every single post?..........Kaz?:)
 
My fully built Enzo can win the dream car la sarthe race :sly:
 
a lot of supercars can beat the Panoz Esperante(and look better)
 
In pp races that I host road cars do very well against the race cars.

I usually have the pp set at 500 and road cars are much faster on the straights while the race cars own the corners.

Makes for some very interesting races.

In the end the driver is what makes the difference almost always
 
Back