Can we expect more Japanese Tracks due to Covid?

• Thread starter Ork4n
  • 16 comments
Germany
Germany
My hopes are very hight, that PD brings more Japanese tracks back to GT7.
They are from Japan. Those tracks are right in front of them. If someone could bring those in a racing game it would be clearly them.
And due to flight restrictions and of course of Covid, it would be a great opportunity imo.

And don't stop at normal circuits. What about Drift and Hill Climb or other modes? Japan has great potential for those types of racing.
For example Touge Racing as a new Mode in GT7 <3

I miss Tokyo R246 very much. And of course wish for circuits like:
-Okayama
-Twin Ring Motegi
-Ebisu (RIP)
-Gunsai (Thank you Best MOTORing)

and all the ones from GT Sport.

What do you think? :)

I don't think covid would mean they add more Japanese tracks, nor mean that they can't include others from around the world - all the required mapping/data for tracks is out there already, visits wouldn't be needed unless a track has been changed and not re-recorded.

I'm inclined to say that we should expect a bunch of older fictitious tracks from previous games and maybe a few new real ones but thats it.

I'd be very surprised if we saw 4+ new "real" tracks from one country alone, unless there were a significant number added.

I don't think covid would mean they add more Japanese tracks, nor mean that they can't include others from around the world - all the required mapping/data for tracks is out there already, visits wouldn't be needed unless a track has been changed and not re-recorded.

I'm inclined to say that we should expect a bunch of older fictitious tracks from previous games and maybe a few new real ones but thats it.

I'd be very surprised if we saw 4+ new "real" tracks from one country alone, unless there were a significant number added.
It could also be possible. They couldn't scan tracks due to COVID, so PD could have done new originals circuits or update old circuits

Last edited:
It could also be possible. They couldn't scan tracks due to COVID, so PD could have done new originals circuits or update old circuits

Do devs actually go out and laser scan the tracks themselves nowadays and not just buy/license the already available scan data from the tracks?

Yes please. I fully expect all the old tracks from GTS to return (and maybe even from GT5/6), but for new tracks, the best PD could do with all the travel restrictions are fictional or Japanese tracks.

I've driven lots of these in PC sims as mods, but it would be nice to have a top quality PD version:
- Okayama
- Sugo
- Ebisu (all 5 variants)
- Sendai
- Maze
- Mine
- Central
- Tokachi
- Motegi
- Yatabe (basically old Test Course from GT1/2)
- Also bring back the classic Fuji 80s/90s layouts from GT4
- For the drifters, Sekia Hills or Nikko Circuit
- For touge lovers, Haruna or Hakone Turnpike
- For the cruise lobbies, the real C1 route instead of Tokyo Expressway

And maybe, just maybe, we can get this fantastic new private racetrack. GT6 was the first game to feature Ascari Race Resort so here's hoping ;)

Last edited:
Kaz mentioned a bit about Japanese car culture. That could mean anything.
However, could be small circuits to international circuits to fictional circuits based on real locations or variations of real circuits.

We saw with Autopolis, PD are thinking outside the "internationally known famous circuits" box. We'll see. 'PD do surprises well™'

This could be the chance for Gran Turismo to stand out to other games like Forza. Bring in car culture and show it!
Don't be a plane racing game. Keep everything from GT Sport and expand it.
You just have to look in online lobbies. They are full with Drift, RolePlay, Cruise, car show, Wangan etc. People want this kind of stuff.
Now we need the right circuits or modes.
And imo Japan hast the greatest potential to feed these desires. Especially with cars like the RE Amemiya and the Amuse S2000.

They had Lewis Hamilton in GT Sport
Sebastian Vettel in GT5
And maybeeeeeee, just maybe Keiichi Tsuchiya in GT7. He may be the reason to bring new Japanese tracks and modes like Touge.

A man can dream. There are a lot of people who love JDM. And PD knows it.
We just have to pray and wish that Kaz hears us and will make them come true :bowdown:

I don't think youre going to see cruises, car shows and street racing in GT7. In fact I'd be amazed if you did. To me, that seems more suited to a Forza Horizon/Midnight Club kind of game.

Last edited:
I'd much rather play a game dedicated to drifting than to have drifting to be shoehorned into every other racing game just for the sake of it.

This is a possibility. I was also thinking it would mean more real world based fictional tracks that could be made just with online reference photos of the locations. They might be/have been able to get a couple European and American tracks scanned though with their employees from the Los Angeles and Amsterdam offices.

Last edited:
Okayama
  • Sugo
  • Ebisu (all 5 variants)
  • Sendai
  • Maze
  • Mine
  • Central
  • Tokachi
  • Motegi
  • Yatabe (basically old Test Course from GT1/2)
  • Also bring back the classic Fuji 80s/90s layouts from GT4
  • For the drifters, Sekia Hills or Nikko Circuit
  • For touge lovers, Haruna or Hakone Turnpike
This! Japanese car culture should be the main focus of GT series, yet there's not a single Touge course.
I would really love to have all the above tracks in GT7. I'd easily chose those over the majority of American and some European tracks any day.

The alternate Tsukuba course isn't used despite it being right there, just blocked with cones. Would be nice to have that layout for a little variation with what's already in the game.

Back