Can we expect more versions of similar cars in updates?

• Thread starter wheelhp
  • 34 comments

how many new 'similar cars' could we get in updates from here on out?

• 50+

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • 20+

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Not too many

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • 1-4

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • None

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Australia
Australia
So I've discovered that there's actually two integras the '98 you get from cafe menu and only the '95 has the box fender widebody...
This got me thinking, will we get an integra with round headlights in an update? either a full front clip conversion for GT auto or as it's own car? And would that come with a new widebody? It shouldn't be too difficult to implement in theory. My best guess for GT7 would be we get it as it's own car in Used cars, and we don't get a new widebody for it.

honda-integra-front-angle.jpg
Honda-Integra-Type-R-Serial-0005_1.jpg

The round headlights EU model. This model is not very different from the one in game below, just the front end looks different AFAIK

gt7_car_178.jpg

Current Integra in GT7. JDM model.

Last edited:
That sounds far too niche for PD to invest anytime on, and if you remember the biggest complaints about featured cars across the GT franchise was there were too many variants of Japanese market cars.

But you never know ...

Last edited:
It really depends on how long GT7 is going to be supported. For GT8 I don't think they'll start on a brand new engine, they'll probably continue and make it for PS5. Meaning the same engine used for GT Sport, GT7 and GT8...
But if GT8 is still many years away, I can see them adding little updates to "existing cars" in a few years.. and presenting them as new cars since it's probably a lot cheaper than getting new data for an entirely new car.. Just change the front clip, change the weight and you've a different model.... no need to even touch the interior or sounds.

and yeah there were like 26 different miata stripes in GT6, you'd have to buy each car to check out all the differences..
Thing is I do see them doing it for the integra, but not too many other cars. Maybe they'd have a update with 9 new cars and then one of them is the integra, which just ends up in the used car lot and can't be purchased otherwise since it'll rotate out, making it "rare".

We do have quite a few different models of the same cars already.. but many of them do have more than just visual differences. I don't see why they wouldn't expand on it. The series in the past has also had the concept versions of scertain cars in the game which didn't look too different from their production model. One springs to mind is the Mazda RX8 concept type II, which didn't look all that different from the production model Mazda RX8. Both cars were in GT4 and GT6 games. Perhaps if PD included this concept, they'd go back to the source material and include the concept specs for power and torque, suspensions as well, which would make it a different handling car indeed. Not that I really need to see the RX8 concept in game, lol but since PD likes car history, Vision GTs and concept cars....

That might make a return, assuming GT7 gets updates for the next 2-4 years, which, historically speaking is unlikely but since PS6 is far far away, and they're shutting down GTSport servers Q1 2024....It'd make sense to support their main game, GT7, for a longer period of time. They've already got their microtransactions shop setup for the passive income, so they can follow the GTA Online model a bit and put out more content for years to come..

Edit: formatting and paragraphs

Last edited:
Yes. I want every variant of the S13, including the US-spec "Onevia" 240SX coupe, zenki and chuki models, with the KA24 (we'll need both the early SOHC models and later DOHC verions), S14 (I want the "Shark eye + 500 pockets bumper" combo that the US version got), A70 Supra (including narrow-body NA models, targas and hardtops), and NA Miata, including every year and special edition released in all regions. All individually scanned and modeled for 100% accuracy, none of this "model sharing" crap.

Am I being serious?

Absolutely I am.

Last edited:
With a fair few current cars(and if the left in data from the datamine are indications), PD are adding similar cars of the same model and look like they’ll continue to do so.

The E30 ‘89 has the Suzuki engine swap, but the E30 Evo does not.
CSL ‘73 gets the full Gruppe 5 body kit and Z4 engine swap. Leaving the CSL ‘71 with only a slight fender widebody.
The datamine points to the BMW 2002 tii and turbo models.

We have a couple classic and modern Abarth/Fiat 500 models.

The first R35 GT-R ‘07 is found in the datamine.

Modern Mustang, Camaro and Corvette Stingray versions.

We obviously don’t know of any confirmed models coming to the game, but again, looks like PD will add similar versions of the same model.

Yes. I want every variant of the S13, including the US-spec "Onevia" 240SX coupe, zenki and chuki models, with the KA24 (we'll need both the early SOHC models and later DOHC verions), S14 (I want the "Shark eye + 500 pockets bumper" combo that the US version got), A70 Supra (including narrow-body NA models, targas and hardtops), and NA Miata, including every year and special edition released in all regions. All individually scanned and modeled for 100% accuracy, none of this "model sharing" crap.

Am I being serious?

Absolutely I am.
Me but with 911s

There are quite a few pretty easy facelift and minor update models they could add if they wanted to. Integra, 300ZX, Evo & WRX all have models that are only a front & rear clip away from being in the game.

I’d rather get an Evo 8 added, but if they want to pad the car list they could!

Honestly, the whole GT Auto facsimile ability is a design decision I don't get quite get. I know all the joking about Skylines and MX-5s in the PS3 era might have stung them a bit, but if you can more or less turn your Evo III GSR into an Evo III RS in GT Auto, why not just put the RS in the game as a separate model and tick the car count up a bit.

I don't think we would get anything that they have not scanned.
I was looking at GT PSP last night and wondering how many of those cars would eventually make it into the modern GT. There are so many regular cars in that game that I don't think they would even bother.
If they have not already used the round lights for GT Auto, I don't think we will be seeing it. The JDM models had it briefly but if they never scanned one, I can't see them using a US front for their JDM model.

I think as far as the OP goes, I'd rather see that as an Acura model, especially alongside the newer Integra Type-S. Speaking of Acura, I'd also be fine getting the newer Acura NSX Type-S, as it's quite different from the second-gen NSX we already have. Finally, I really want to see the comparatively more typical McLaren P1, since the P1 GTR isn't street-legal and only comes in one color.

That’s actually one of the things I miss from some of the older GT games, GT2 sticks out in my mind the most. So many different variants of car models in both the New Cars and Used Cars, it was fun collecting them all and seeing the differences between them, especially when you get to tuning them.

Need more high performance German cars imo... and fir my tastes anyway.

M5, m3 (g80 or f80/f80 cs) have a thing for high performance saloons... own the f80 comp), audi rs3, 4, 5, 6 etc, new alfa qf...

Just my own tastes, others no doubt disagree/think otherwise!!

Last edited:
If they do it should be completely different classes of cars.

Ex. We have a CLK LM race car add the CLK-GTR Strassenversion instead and do the opposite for the 911 GT1 by adding the Evo or GT1-98. Or make it where the 'new' car can be turned into a spec completely different from the original, a good example is the Nismo R32 as otherwise it's basically identical to the regular R32 but can be turned into a JGTC spec R32 with the widebody.

I don't care how much hate I'm gonna get for this . . .

Two cars I want bad in this game:

1986 Pontiac Fiero GT
1702329351498.jpeg

1972 (or any year) Porsche 914. Bonus points for a 914-6.
1702329416827.jpeg

And for similar cars, I don't object to adding items in the GT Auto for an upgrade/change. E.G. what they did for the Pantera.

Yeah I would like them to do a update (or maybe even 2 or 3) just with a bunch of variants (maybe dozens if that doesn’t do that much of work, I don’t know actually) so we would have a lot of new cars to collect. These could be really special variants like for example the Maserati and Ferrari Versions of the modern Abarth 500, the Alpine A110 R, Bugatti Chiron Sport, De Tomaso Pantera GT5, Ferrari 365 GTC, Ferrari F430 Scuderia, Honda S2000 Type S, Tesla Model S Plaid, and several possible variations of Lamborghini Diablo, Alfa Romeo Giulia (classic one), MX-5 etc.

Little update to this thread, I've discovered Civic Type R EK '98 and '97 exist in the game. The only notable difference is literally the front bumper styling. Even the widebodies look identical to each other, bit disappointing. At least one of the integras had a unique widebody, but oh well. So this does support the idea that PD are comfortable with very similar cars in game. Also reinforces that Integra will get the same treatment at some point despite already having two year models in game, I can see a third coming, but perhaps they'll list it as an Acura. If anyone wants to check out these models without spending a dime, simply use the showcase mode in the game and view in fullscreen. Thoughts?

I'd personally love to see some new GT/ fantasy LM versions of cars , but would much prefer cars that aren't in the game to make an appearance rather than similiar models, if I had to choose.

Last edited:
I think as far as the OP goes, I'd rather see that as an Acura model, especially alongside the newer Integra Type-S. Speaking of Acura, I'd also be fine getting the newer Acura NSX Type-S, as it's quite different from the second-gen NSX we already have. Finally, I really want to see the comparatively more typical McLaren P1, since the P1 GTR isn't street-legal and only comes in one color.
I'm actually surprised we don't have the Senna.

My thing is that if we were to get more variant models, I'd like them to focus more on European and US models. This game has an absurd number of Japanese models. I get that it's a Japanese game but show some humility and less bias. We have two S13s, two DC2 Integras, two S14s, two GT-R R32s, two GT-R R35s, etc. yet we only have two C3 and C7 Corvette variations and two Renault Clio IV variations. This bias for JDM is rather stupid for what has become an international game.

Last edited:
We have Three Mustangs: ‘15 Mustang GT, Shelby and pseudo GT4 version. Two Focus models. road & race Ford GT. Two Camaros. Five AMG GT variants + the pseudo Safety car. Two F-Type variants and two Three Vantage variants.

Add the E30s, CSLs, Fiat/500. The Euro cars aren’t lacking next to Japanese models.

Probably the FT-86 models have the greatest number of Japanese combined variants, from both Subaru and Toyota. Which, together, equal the AMG GT.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that the race cars are variants. They're practically different enough to be entirely different cars.

For sure. Even leaving the race cars out, there are still a good many European and USA variants of models, as Japan models.

However, I doubt we’ll see a basic sport model Civic, Corolla, WRX, Lexus RC, etc, like what we have with the comparable USA and Europe models in the game.

Don't fret, eventually we'll have 5 versions of every 911.
1702854348815.png

To be honest. I think GT7 should aim at having as much as possible of different "generations" of each brand models. I like having silvias from different gens, skylines or 911. I would love to see V8 Ferraris we only have 430, 458 and F8 and there is much more. Same with Corvette C5 not being in GT7.

View attachment 1312632

To be honest. I think GT7 should aim at having as much as possible of different "generations" of each brand models. I like having silvias from different gens, skylines or 911. I would love to see V8 Ferraris we only have 430, 458 and F8 and there is much more. Same with Corvette C5 not being in GT7.
Don't forget the Dino 246GT and the 308, those are cars from the same series, even if the Dino is a V6 its the start of that formula. All you're really missing in terms of relevant V8 ferraris is the 348, 360 and the 355. Ideally you'd even have cars like the 328, 488 GTB and other permutations like the 360CS, 430 Scud and others but that will take a while.

For now I'm expecting them to add the 296GTB actually.

Last edited:
Don't forget the Dino 246GT and the 308, those are cars from the same series, even if the Dino is a V6 its the start of that formula. All you're really missing in terms of relevant V8 ferraris is the 348, 360 and the 355. Ideally you'd even have cars like the 328, 488 GTB and other permutations like the 360CS, 430 Scud and others but that will take a while.

For now I'm expecting them to add the 296GTB actually.
Meh, the game mostly needs more FR cars from Ferrari.

Meh, the game mostly needs more FR cars from Ferrari.
You'd be surprised how many of the major V12 series ferraris there are in GT7, only really missing the 275 series, the 550 series and the 599 considering how they're gonna add the 812 superfast at some point. The other FRs like the modern V8s are also cool and I imagine will show up.

One Ferrari series I wish games in general had more of is the 2+2 FRs like the 456, 612 and the 330 GTC. Those are very cool cars.

Last edited:
I’m watching classic 1994 JTCC. As the grid is being shown, the commentators start listing the drivers and their cars. The FF Alfa 155 comes up. Seeing how PD have many models with a road car and race car version, I wouldn’t put it past them to bring that back. I mean, the R31 GTS-R is in the datamine and we already have the Super Silhouette. Yet, we haven’t seen the Calsonic R32(regardless of players being able to make replicas).
Still scratching my head with how they put the car lists together.

I wouldn't mind more facelift/regional variation vehicles. Some may call them "dups" but in reality, they are probably not much of a time commitment for PD so I think the additional sense of depth is worth it. For that matter, cars that didn't receive facelifts for a certain number of model years, all of those model years should be available in the UCD. Like the AP1 S2000 was sold as MY1999-MY2003...the UCD S2000 should be (IMO) any of those years, not always 1999.

My only gripe about the visuals in GT7 is lack of interior color "options". For example, going back to the the AP1 S2000 - that car was available with several interior colors. I wish you could get a Suzuka Blue S2000 with the matching blue interior.

Latest Posts

Back