Can we post...

• Thread starter kanecain
  • 8 comments
im probably gonna make one, I havent practiced very much though and my car isnt really set up so it will be a little bit.

haha I'm sure kanecain (or should I say FolsadeFinal?) already has plenty, considering he finds it so simple :scared: compared to GT4. After all, his Acura and Lexus came ready-to-drift as stock. :yuck:

theres a couple posted on the forzacentral.com forum, not really any long vids, just a couple of turns each. Ive been doing nothing but races and working on a custom paintjob, I did find that the stock miata drifts quite well, maybe I should just make a video of that.

Studentdriver
haha I'm sure kanecain (or should I say FolsadeFinal?) already has plenty, considering he finds it so simple :scared: compared to GT4. After all, his Acura and Lexus came ready-to-drift as stock. :yuck:

No actually it was my Civic and Lexus. And yes, both do drift with no effort all all when at stock levels.

after getting used to Forza, drifting is a little easier than GT4. Heres a drifting demo vid I made with a stock miata on one of the "touge" courses. these are clips from the first 2 downhill runs I did with it, you can see the second run is noticeably better, but I just wanted to make a video that gives a good sense of drifting in forza.

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=30AVI386SKY6N2RNJJ93YU14ES

Try it in a Trueno, I wasn't going to buy one but when I won one and discovered that you could swap out the 4AGE for a 3SGTE I went ahead and did it, got every drivetrain part then went off and won the Pro Sub-300hp races. I then used the profits to start tuning it more. I can't remember exactly how powerful it is but it's enough to spin the wheels in every gear around a corner. Mines not set up for drifting but it certainly has the potential to be.

The point needs to be made that this game is sooooo much better than GT4 when it comes to drifting. Cars slide so easily and controllably, I forsee a flood of Forza drifting videos.

Revheadnz
Try it in a Trueno, I wasn't going to buy one but when I won one and discovered that you could swap out the 4AGE for a 3SGTE I went ahead and did it, got every drivetrain part then went off and won the Pro Sub-300hp races. I then used the profits to start tuning it more. I can't remember exactly how powerful it is but it's enough to spin the wheels in every gear around a corner. Mines not set up for drifting but it certainly has the potential to be.

The point needs to be made that this game is sooooo much better than GT4 when it comes to drifting. Cars slide so easily and controllably, I forsee a flood of Forza drifting videos.
Thats also a downside to drifting in Forza. In GT4, it truly does require skill to keep your car in a drift. This game, a five year old can do it and make it look good.

Yea I suppose you're right there. I still find it more entertaining to do in Forza but less satisfying than pulling off a nice slide in GT4.

Back