Can we still see this "War" on GT4?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fporto_br
  • 40 comments
  • 2,336 views
Actually, I think driver Les Shockley (funny that that is his name) does not use a parachute unless he is going for a high speed run where he has plenty of space to cut the engines and coast down.
Otherwise, its a truck--its got huge brakes.
Honestly, it would probably vaporize a parachute...
I mean, the heat is so intense that I almost have to turn my face away.
Taking that pic I was about 75ft away. When he staged up and took off (hehe,
"took off")I was about 50ft away.
Is there any way to post vids around here? 'cuz I got a couple good ones of
that crazy thing.
 
in an autocar comparisen between the M5 & E55 & Masarati ,it says that the M5 starts to pull away from the E55 after 100MPH .

and the 1mile satnding start for M5 is 22.7 secondes ,for E55 its 23.3 secs.

it also stats that the M5 is supiror in handeling to both masarti and the merc , so if you put them on a track you'll know who kicks ass.
 
How much torque do F1 cars have, 300 lbft? Torque is not always the best measure but then again neither is hp. In terms of tuning I think the M5 is close to it's limits, it already has lightweight internals and extremely high revs. I don't think it is that good of a candidate for turbos (does anyone know the compression ratio?). I belive the E55 is supercharged, so basically pump up the boost (especially if enginge damage isn't in the game).
 
BMW318ciC
in an autocar comparisen between the M5 & E55 & Masarati ,it says that the M5 starts to pull away from the E55 after 100MPH .

and the 1mile satnding start for M5 is 22.7 secondes ,for E55 its 23.3 secs.

it also stats that the M5 is supiror in handeling to both masarti and the merc , so if you put them on a track you'll know who kicks ass.
The E55 isn't ment to be the contender for the M5. The E65 coming up, however is. Don't expect it to be a great handler, but it'll be faster. The E55 is a luxory oriented car. It's a more exclusive model of the E500. Don't make the assumption that when it's an AMG, it's ment to be a racer. The E65 should be more handling oriented.
 
TwinTurboJay
Shouldn't the Audi RS6 be added to the fight ?
Yes, sure. Why not? Now, there are three big, powerful german sport sedans on the fight. Start posting guys! What could happen if we add the RS6 to the mix?
 
Dev_Zero
The E65 coming up, however is. Don't expect it to be a great handler, but it'll be faster. The E65 should be more handling oriented.

Contradict much?

I was under the impression that Merc would be rearranging their AMG models. The smaller cars (C, CLK, SLK) keep a naturally-aspirated 5.5, the top cars (S, CL, SL) keep the turbo 6.0L V12, and the mid-range (E, CLS) continue on with the supercharged 5.5 until the new-gen NA 6.3 is introduced. The M5 isn't meant to be a "racer" either, it's just that M tends to make cars more dynamically involving than their equivalent AMG competition.

As for whether it should be the E or CLS running against the M5... does it really matter? Despite Merc's marketing, the CLS is just another sedan, albeit a swoopier looking one than the E. There have been some chassis tweaks to make it more sporting in comparison too, but I'm guessing that still wouldn't give it an edge over the M5. Remember, this is the company that insists on giving it's sports cars (SLK350 aside) auto boxes. Even the upcoming CLK-DTM, which is supposed to be a very track-focused car in comparison to other AMG's.

Either way, if any more AMG or M cars make it into the game, I definitely won't complain.
 
500th POST!!!!!

I don't think the Mercs really have anything on the M5 in terms of handleing. Maybe the CL65 could catch up to it on the straights but otherwise never. The M5 is more of an enthusiast's car and the mercs are more luxury minded. I'll drive em all though.
 
do you think there will be a BMW vs Merc Cup?(i would put audi with them in a german cup but make another diffrent cup for these to )

as the history between them is strong , it would be nce if I can kick a Merc ass with an m3 or and m5 ,as might have noticed from my nickname i own a BMW and i'm a big fan i would be happy to kick mercs ass.;)
 
Don't audi and benz have a stronger racing history. They competed against each other in silver grand prix cars in the thirties with nazi funding. BMW was still making plane engines back then.
 
Yes, that would be nice, but we might want to make sure the M-B is in first.

Anyways, the war I want to see contiued from GT3 is one between the Toyota GT-ONE, Nissan R390, and Mazda 787B.
 
Back