Can you drift R32 GTR's?

• Thread starter KaiZen
  • 61 comments
KaiZen
Actually, I wasn't mixing tires in previous games to drift. It was purefully for tyre wear as I liked doing 10 lap races and found that on cars like the JGTC GT-R I had to have harder tyres up front, or the XR8 racecar I used harder tyres at the rear.

They were both fun to drift with the same or mixed compounds, but for me they had tyre wear issues..

Also, damn my honesty, I was probably just really crap at setting up cars back then.. lol ;)

Ahhh, yes... Mixing tires is an integral part of longer grip races...

;)

R_Riders
Yes but to my knowhow, all 3 GTR's (32, 33 and 34) all have different behaving 4WD systems, the ATTESA-ETS, which spilts power and torque under different conditions.

(From here on in if I'm wrong on some part, please correct me on this),

The R32 was the first of the 3 to have this ATTESA system, it had massive grip but it had a heavy understeering tendency, in addition the actuall system kicked in with a bit of a deleay (when accelerating, from what I read, the car is FR, when any of the tires loose grip, namley the rear ones, power is transfered to the front to induce understeer and thus stability to combat any oversteer...), the R33 was said to be the oppsoite having a high oversteer tendency at times. The R34 is said to be more balanced, but it depends, the 99 N1 to my experience had heavy understeer, the 2000 V-Spec II was more confident in the corners while the V-Spec II Nur felt like something in between the two.

In summary, to my knowhow (and again could be very wrong on this), the R32 is an understeering beast (but it's probably possible none the less, just have to figure a way to do it...which I haven't tried yet), the R33 had a tendency to oversteer when done right (or wrong) more so than the R32 when compaired, the 34 is just about right but depending on THAT 34 (and there are some differneces from my little experiecne with a few of them), as some did understeer rather baddly, others not so much and did oversteer quite a bit (least around Laguna Seca and Tsukaba).

Hope that was of some help...I haven't acutally tried to really drift an R32 in GT4, been more concentraited on other cars, I may give the 3 cars when I get a chance (one of the 3 cars each anywho...) and see if I'm actually right or wrong (again).

Till later.

your explanation is a little wrong, but you seem to get the idea.
if you're interested check this link out http://rbmotoring.com/gallery/album151
you'll get a good explanation of how the ATTESA-ETS system works.

Back