CAN YOU 'NERF' CARS IN THE UPGRADE MENUS?

• Thread starter Gunner121
  • 4 comments
United States
United States
Upgrades have been a brilliant part of the Forza franchise and have been extremely successful. Could we see the addition of being able to remove stock parts for example turbos.
This could mean: when you remove a turbo obviously the stats of the car will decrease in terms of hp and acceleration etc. Along with that the sounds of the car would have to change for example a stock turbo charged hot hatch would have a different sound to a one without a turbo .
Is this a possibility or is it going a bit too far I don't know. Either way I can't wait for the new Forza Horizon title.

I bet they won't but that's a great suggestion as I'm sure there are cars which only appear in the game in enhanced form.

Some cars have the ability to "downgrade" the body in FH4 - I'm thinking specifically of the Audi RS5 which you can make look like an ordinary A5, but there may be others. You can't, however, swap in the 2.0T from the A5. Rather than downgrading something like the RS5, I would really like it if, when buying a vehicle, you choose the model and then you choose the trim...so in this case, you would select Audi A5 series, and then choose A5, S5, or RS5. Gran Turismo has kind of done this in the past by just having a million variants ("dups") of many of the roster. Doing it the way I'm describing, I think, would feel expansive and immersive, without feeling repetitive/gratuitous, like it did in GT4/GT5/GT6. I feel like it wouldn't be a huge undertaking to do either, most of the hard work - the body modeling and interior geometry wouldn't change very much.

The one that gets me the most is the 2000 Mustang Cobra R. Yeah, that's technically the top incarnation of that model, and it's a car that I like a lot, but it's not the one everyone wants - that would be the 2003 & 2004 Mustang Cobra. So why not have the new edge Mustang in the game as a generic model and you can choose either Mustang GT, Cobra, Mach 1, or Cobra R? Perhaps even have the new edge Saleen S281 and Roush available too.

I doubt they will add advanced downgrades to the game, but I hope they will at least add restrictors and ballast weight to the game.
The Forza series has always tended to prioritize the "latest or fastest" trim level.
This seems like a good thing at first glance, but for some cars, the initial PI is too high, which greatly limits the racing events we can participate in.
Also, in the FH series, the lightness of the vehicle weight has a significant impact on the PI, so a vehicle that is too light, such as the Lotus, cannot allocate enough PI to power.

The addition of restrictors and ballast weights would be one option that would greatly improve these problems.

^ In my short time with FH4, I think it's better to upgrade a low PI car to a higher PI than to downgrade a car to fall below a PI. A buddy of mine often gravitates to the latter method, but yeah I think it would be nice to have the same restrictors like I used to see in the GT series with added weight and power reduction.

Latest Posts

Back