Can you race Le Mans in the GT Class?

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 14 comments
United Kingdom
Fareham, UK
paoloevans
Hi all, this question has been bugging me for a while. I am a bigger fan of the GT cars than the Prototypes and wondered whether the game allows to do the Le Mans 24hours but in the GT class??

Thanks

I believe so.... You just need a contract in career mode in the endurance series. I had an LMP2 contract where the 24 Hours of Le Mans was one of the events. There are different contracts available for the different classes. The 24 Hours of Le Mans is part of the WEC race season in the game and there are LMP/LMP2/GT3/GT4 classes that all race at the same time.

Or I think as you progress in career mode you can unlock it as an invitational event. That's what I am trying to do right now :)

Last edited:
I believe so.... You just need a contract in career mode in the endurance series. I had an LMP2 contract where the 24 Hours of Le Mans was one of the events. There are different contracts available for the different classes. The 24 Hours of Le Mans is part of the WEC race season in the game and there are LMP/LMP2/GT3/GT4 classes that all race at the same time.

Or I think as you progress in career mode you can unlock it as an invitational event. That's what I am trying to do right now :)

Great!! Thanks for the info :)

I've heard mixed reports on multiclass racing , I sure hope GT3 cars do compete alongside lmp1/2 . Can a wmd member confirm this

You can set that up in Solo mode for sure - I haven't raced the Le Mans event in career so I can't say but I'd be surprised to find it was different.

Yes it's confirmed. I just unlocked the 24 Hours of Le Mans in career mode. It's an invitational event. You can choose to drive any of the LMP1, LMP2, GT3, and GT4 cars in the game. And yes, all four classes are on track at the same time.

You can set up a multiclass race in solo mode but for whatever reason the game will only let you do an LMP1/LMP2 race or a GT3/GT4 race. The only way to the Le Mans 24 hour race (Or any other real multiclass endurance race) is in career mode. I'm super stoked because this is the whole reason I bought this game. You can set up a race anywhere from 2 hours to 24 hours in length.

Yes it's confirmed. I just unlocked the 24 Hours of Le Mans in career mode. It's an invitational event. You can choose to drive any of the LMP1, LMP2, GT3, and GT4 cars in the game. And yes, all four classes are on track at the same time.

You can set up a multiclass race in solo mode but for whatever reason the game will only let you do an LMP1/LMP2 race or a GT3/GT4 race. The only way to the Le Mans 24 hour race (Or any other real multiclass endurance race) is in career mode. I'm super stoked because this is the whole reason I bought this game. You can set up a race anywhere from 2 hours to 24 hours in length.

Nice one! That clarifies all I needed to know. Thanks everyone, can't wait to get that invitation!!

I am too and I'm sure it'll be added in a patch, hopefully soon, it can't have been designed that way.

Progressing normally. I guess when you reach a certain milestone it triggers (win a race, a championship, etc...) or maybe just based on how much seasons or races under your belt.

I had Le Mans invitational at the end of my first GT3 season (started from Tier 8). Didn't pay attention for others though.

Progressing normally. I guess when you reach a certain milestone it triggers (win a race, a championship, etc...) or maybe just based on how much seasons or races under your belt.

I had Le Mans invitational at the end of my first GT3 season (started from Tier 8). Didn't pay attention for others though.
Ok thanks

I am in my first season/year now

I am competing in the Clio cup at the Moment so is there any chance that a endurance race will pop up some time soon?

Endurance not yet, there are a lot of other invites, but as I'm not sure how they are unlocked I can't be sure. I doubt you'll receive endurance invitational during your first or even second season but could be wrong.

Ok thanks

I am in my first season/year now

I am competing in the Clio cup at the Moment so is there any chance that a endurance race will pop up some time soon?

Depends what you call soon, I'm at the end of my 3rd season with the Clio's and have an invitation for Le Mans 24hr. I got it by winning the c1 classic invitational.

Back