Can you run Chaparall 2J at La Sarthe after last update?

United States
Milwaukee, WI
I just picked up the Chaparall from Legendary garage. I ran Praiano's tune at Sardegna WTC 800. Surprisingly fun to drive. Slow though (no laps under 1:40). I would have won except I ran out of fuel. With the new update I had to run FM6 most of the race and I tried to push up to FM1 the last few laps...

Any suggestions or tunes for Sardegna to help boost fuel efficiency and/or speed? I took tires (and fuel) on my only pit and probably didn't need to take tires. I probably could have won if I hadn't and stayed on FM6.

Also, can it be detuned for Le Mans WTC 700? After the new update doesn't seem like it...

I never have to switch tires at Sardegna. Lower gears are important to break out of the turns faster, but not quite as low as Tsukuba.
How much did Hagerty soak you for the Chaparral?

Last edited:
I never have to switch tires at Sardegna. Lower gears are important to break out of the turns faster, but not quite as low as Tsukuba.
How much did Hagerty soak you for the Chaparral?
2.5 million. I don't have patience for getting gold in those missions - there's always a few that take 100 times...

Yeah I didn't really need to switch tires...

There's a left-right before the end of the first sector (turn 4 and 5 I think?) if you time it right you can brake for the left-hander and coast into the right-hander, which saves a bit of fuel without really affecting your lap time much. Lower downforce also helps, as does lower toe angle and camber. Low weight and low bhp vs higher weight and higher bhp also helps a little.

I usually use a Gr.1 car detuned, no stops, FM6 the whole race. Averages 1:43 and comfortably wins, but then I usually just run the races on easy mode. Chase-the-rabbit isn't fun whether it's on easy or hard difficulty.

Lately I've been having more fun doing 2-stop strategies with cars like the Escudo and a few fully upgraded road cars, like the Camaro ZL1.

Chaparral 2J is the best 800pp car in terms of outright performance, the speed it has at low speed corners makes any other car look like a joke, and it has amazing top speed as well, surpassing 325kph in the Tokyo straight at Fuel Map 4 (and without any modifications on the gearing).

It does however not have that great fuel efficiency... You have to babysit him quite a bit.

La Sarthe race is at 700pp right? Never tried to detune the 2J that low, is it even possible anymore without the suspension and diff settings?

Last edited:
Won Le Mans by running wets to get it down to 700 PP. FM1 with two pits. Took wets after lap 3 and no tires after lap 5. Wets held out last four laps. Completely dry race. Won by about 7 seconds. Would have won by a lot more if I had some rain! LOL.

Also won Sardegna. Lowered weight and power. Didn't take tires. FM6 most laps. Did a couple hot laps near the end on FM1.

Won Le Mans by running wets to get it down to 700 PP. FM1 with two pits. Took wets after lap 3 and no tires after lap 5. Wets held out last four laps. Completely dry race. Won by about 7 seconds. Would have won by a lot more if I had some rain! LOL.

Also won Sardegna. Lowered weight and power. Didn't take tires. FM6 most laps. Did a couple hot laps near the end on FM1.
I've been using the Audi Quattro S1 for Le Mans. You can run it with nearly 800bhp

I have gold on all of The Sun Also Rises except that stupid drift mission, where I have silver. I have perhaps 50,000 credits and will be running either the 1966 Ford GT at Tokyo or the Red Bull Comp at Spa or Sardegna to earn enough credits to buy the 2J, then next is probably a grind to obtain the Martin that just showed up next to it in the ripoff dealership.

Back