CANCELLED-Vintage Porsche 911 Cup *NO ABS*

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 269 comments
Yea no idea what I'm doing. What's the tune we're all using to keep this thing stable?

I'm used to no ABS in Project Cars but that game has more involved so it's easier to manage.

Yea no idea what I'm doing. What's the tune we're all using to keep this thing stable?

I'm used to no ABS in Project Cars but that game has more involved so it's easier to manage.
Its linked in the first post. That's the one I'm using with brake bias set to 4 toward the front.

Screenshot_20200120-091753_Samsung Internet.jpg

Vintage Porsche 911 Cup
Event #1 at Lago Maggiore West
9pm est
Pre-Race Briefing

Race day for the opening race of the Vintage Porsche 911 Cup is finally here. A great turnout is expected tonight with 13 of 14 drivers confirmed to race.
This series is a rarity within GT Sport as it will be running with zero aids, specifically No ABS. This will present additional challenges to test our concentration, skill, and overall race craft. With this being our first race, some incidents are likely, however, with enough patience, hopefully we can all come away unscathed.

All the liveries look great and I'm looking forward to seeing the replay playback for this series.
Be sure to check the "Tuning link" in the first post to set a good baseline tune for this car. In stock form, it is very difficult to drive, but with the Priano tune as a starting point, the car is lively, but very manageable and fun to drive.

The race room will be opened around 9pm est for entries with the 10 min qualifying to start at 9:15pm est. Good luck to everyone, and see you all on the grid.

Race room is open for warm up/practice.
ID: 0475 4123 2618 8169 9396
Party Chat open as well.
Good luck to everyone tonight.:cheers:

No chat available to me after last race. What a weird night online.

My first race without abs. Small mistakes are _punished_! Tried not to affect others when I locked up. Thanks all for the racing. Fun series - look forward to the next one and a bit more practice.

Fun races last night. I was pretty much ready to be absolute garbage with how little practice I had AND at a track where I usually struggle. Turned out way more pleasant then I expected and even had some fun racing with @llNovall and @Moby45 .Looking forward to the rest of the season based on last night's experience (Discounting the many stuck at the start issues).

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200124223205.png

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200124225649.png

8287257743527543816_0.jpg

Overall a fun night once all the network issues were sorted. Had to resort to a new host and still had a stuck car and finally had to push through. Sorry to @TEX36, @DesertPenguin, and @Shock_Gee for the issues delaying the night to the point at which it did. Hopefully, our next race won't be as frustrating.

@Moby45, great job on a dominant showing tonight for the overall. Looked like a great battle between you and @RACECAR in Race 2. I had some nice racing with him in both races, and an all out shootout with @Rob Brown in Race 2. Was alot of fun and the added concentration required with using no aids made the racing very intense. Had a blast.
I will work on getting scores posted, as well as some replay footage and photos in the next day or so. Our next race will be at Dragon Trail Gardens on Feb. 28th. Until then, I'll see some of you for the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge and Lamborghini Super Trofeo Cup, and the rest on the 28th for Event #2.:cheers:

Last edited:
Would like to sign up for this sounds fun.
Awesome, glad to have you. Work up a vintage style/inspired livery (only restrictions are to use the stock wheels, and a number not being used), and post a picture here on the thread. I will be sure to update the driver profile with your entry once recieved. Welcome to the series.:cheers:

Alright Fellas,
Scoresheet are shown below. Again, Congratulations to Moby45 on his dominant win in Event #1. After reviewing the fast lap data, and the majority of drivers classing into a PRO Class with so few AM drivers, I have decided to run the series straight up as one open class. In fast lap pace, only 1.3 sec separated the fastest to slowest, with 7 of 8 drivers running within half a second of each other.
Anyhow, the results are below, and our next Event #2 is at Dragon Trail Gardens on February 28th. I'll post the Event details this week so everyone can start getting practice. Fun racing with everyone a d see you all at the next one.
Screenshot_20200126-174959_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20200126-175031_Sheets.jpg

Awesome, glad to have you. Work up a vintage style/inspired livery (only restrictions are to use the stock wheels, and a number not being used), and post a picture here on the thread. I will be sure to update the driver profile with your entry once recieved. Welcome to the series.:cheers:
Hope this is ok

Attachments

• 869AEF65-A8D9-47DB-9AD3-62B498524813.jpeg
    869AEF65-A8D9-47DB-9AD3-62B498524813.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 11
Back