Cannot save GT Sport replays

United States
United States
694 GB available space in PS4 Pro system storage and I'm getting error message that says GT Sport cannot save a race replay from GT League. Error message is "There is not enough disk space to save the replay. Please free up 20MB of disk space." Anyone know what's going on here? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
694 GB available space in PS4 Pro system storage and I'm getting error message that says GT Sport cannot save a race replay from GT League. Error message is "There is not enough disk space to save the replay. Please free up 20MB of disk space." Anyone know what's going on here? Thanks in advance.
There is a 2GB limit on saved replays/photos etc. You need to delete some existing replays/photos in order to save new ones.

Last edited:
Sooo... I now have 791 GB FREE DISK SPACE & STILL GETTING THE MESSAGE!!!!!!! WHAT'S THE DANG ISSUE, GT

Sooo... I now have 791 GB FREE DISK SPACE & STILL GETTING THE MESSAGE!!!!!!! WHAT'S THE DANG ISSUE, GT
Replays aren't saved on your console, they're saved in-game. If you have lots of replays and photos already they'll be taking up that space.

As @daan pointed out to you, the problem is that you're hitting the 2GB save file size limit of GT Sport. It's nothing to do with your console storage.

The 2GB limit is a hard limit for all PS4 games, so it's not GT's issue either.

There is a 2GB limit on saved replays/photos etc. You need to delete some existing replays/photos in order to save new ones.
OK. So where do I see this 2GB limit deal? Does this mean I have to trash all the other saved data on my PS4 so I can save some race replays? Thanks...

So where do I see this 2GB limit deal?
Go to your Library on GT Sport. Look in the top-right corner.
Does this mean I have to trash all the other saved data on my PS4 so I can save some race replays?
No, only things inside your GT Sport save file. Your game save file has a maximum limit of 2GB in size - for any PS4 game on PS4 (if you play it on PS5 there's a higher limit, oddly) - so you need to reduce the file size by deleting things from it like photos and replays in order to save more photos and replays.

It's not connected to your console's storage in any meaningful way, nor any other game's save data or any other files. It's just your GT Sport game save file.

As @daan pointed out to you, the problem is that you're hitting the 2GB save file size limit of GT Sport. It's nothing to do with your console storage.

The 2GB limit is a hard limit for all PS4 games, so it's not GT's issue either.
Great. Reminds me of Bill Gates famous quote when he was asked about the 680Kb memory limit on DOS - "No one will ever need more than 680K". Well, Sony. Looks like folks need more than 2GB game data storage... Thanks for the responses, all! 😊

Great. Reminds me of Bill Gates famous quote when he was asked about the 680Kb memory limit on DOS - "No one will ever need more than 680K". Well, Sony. Looks like folks need more than 2GB game data storage... Thanks for the responses, all! 😊
Sorry - it was 640K, not 680K 😄

Back