Can't connect to GT server

  • Thread starter Thread starter johnnyclark
  • 11 comments
  • 3,810 views
Messages
81
Pakistan
Pakistan
I can sign into PSN with no problems. just can't understand why I can't get online with GT5 and others can, easily :(

"A connection to the server could not be established."
 
Try this:

In your PS3 connection settings, set the MTU to 1492. By default it's set to 1500.

I did this and it fixed it for me, although it might not work for others. Let us now how you get on. ;)
 
I would also love to hear more on this as I am still having a server issue as well....
 
Can you explain how to do that please? I used to be able to get online fine but then yesterday I started getting the 'Cannot Connect To Server' messages. I tried changing the MTU to match our router's but that hasn't worked.
 
^
go to your router settings and choose NAT then put these

start port 80 end port 80
start port 3478 end port 3479


sorry for poor english.
 
Here is all ok. I guess this problem is because the server maintenance in the last days. Sometimes I can't enter a room or something like that, but I try again and works well.
 
I'm having the same issues. I changed to MTU and forwarded the suggested ports, not luck.
 
^
go to your router settings and choose NAT then put these

start port 80 end port 80
start port 3478 end port 3479


sorry for poor english.

Nope, not worked :( Well, it's stopped telling me it can't connect to the servers, now it doesn't analyse the network. The frustrating thing is I had it working for about a week before it went.
 
I'm currently having the same problem as well... :(
Also my GT5 is lagging for no apparent reason. (probably trying to connect to the server I presume)
 
Back