Can't decide RSeat RS1 or GT Omega....

United States
United States
I am at a crossroad on what I want to buy for a racing cockpit. I have been eyeing the GT Omega ART rig and the Rseat Rs1. I want a cockpit where there is not a bar in the middle so these 2 cockpits fit my needs. My issue is I can get the GT Omega for less than half the price of the Rseat RS1. I would be willing to spend the $$ on the Rseat but is it really worth that much more money? I just did some upgrades to my home theater room to the tune of about $6000, so I am kind of being a cheap *ss at the moment. I have read reviews on both. Seems like the Rseat is built pretty solid. But for $900, they really did not POWDERCOAT it? To pay that kind of price, it should not be spray painted, that is just silly. The only real drawbacks I see aside from that is that the Rseat does not recline and the price tag.... Is the GT Omega rig really that much of a downgrade? I have read mixed reviews and I do not want to regret my decision. It also looks like Rseat does not run any sort of promotions/deals from what I can tell. I am ready to pull the trigger on one, so I am hoping you guys can give me some advice here.

I think the RSeat RS1 is just on another level. From everything I read and the videos I watched there's no comparing the 2. If you got the money go for it (or the N1). And on the same price range I honestly would take the Next Level Racing F1GT over the GT Omega. I will probably buy the F1GT on the next few months if nothing better comes around at that price.

I think the RSeat RS1 is just on another level. From everything I read and the videos I watched there's no comparing the 2. If you got the money go for it (or the N1). And on the same price range I honestly would take the Next Level Racing F1GT over the GT Omega. I will probably buy the F1GT on the next few months if nothing better comes around at that price.

So I was poking around the internet and I found a cockpit that looks like an exact knockoff of the Rseat RS1. Its a TrakRacer RS6. it goes for $550 shipped to the US. $400 cheaper and looks to be identical.

rs6-bs-2-500x500.jpg

So I was poking around the internet and I found a cockpit that looks like an exact knockoff of the Rseat RS1. Its a TrakRacer RS6. it goes for $550 shipped to the US. $400 cheaper and looks to be identical.

It looks nice but without reviews from some credible places I would't risk it.

It looks nice but without reviews from some credible places I would't risk it.

True. I found a few reviews and a bunch of people on the ISRTV forum running them and they all said it was built very well and were happy with it. Some guys on the projectorcars forum are running them as well and found a few Youtube vids. I am starting to lean towards the Track Racer as the price is right and it seems legit. I emailed them last night on a Sunday and they responded right away to answer all my questions also.

True. I found a few reviews and a bunch of people on the ISRTV forum running them and they all said it was built very well and were happy with it. Some guys on the projectorcars forum are running them as well and found a few Youtube vids. I am starting to lean towards the Track Racer as the price is right and it seems legit. I emailed them last night on a Sunday and they responded right away to answer all my questions also.

If you fell you have enough to make a informed purchase I'd say go for it.

I bought the TrakRacer RS6 a couple of weeks back. I'm absolutely blown away by the quality of it. I came from a PlaySeat Evolution - and have a T500rs wheel and the T3Pa Pro pedals (very heavy) along with a 3rd party conical mod, so the pressure required for the brakes was bending the playseat's frame.

The RS6 - nothing. I can literally stand with all my weight on the pedal deck (which I have about 30 degrees raised) and it barely deflects. It's like a tank. Absolutely a bargain. Seat is good too. (I fancied an RS1 but by the time I added the Alcantara to the deal, and shipping to the UK, it was nearly twice the price of the RS6) The RS6's seat is really good too - and the adjustable bolts give a good degree of angles, despite me thinking they wouldn't.

I can answer I guess any questions you might have, or take some pics... The best thing about it is probably that the wheel is far higher than with the playseat, so far more 'GT' style - and tends to match the VR counterpart, so it feels utterly authentic.

I also asked some questions with TrakRacer after I'd received it about how best to tighten up the wheel deck nuts, and they sent me a whole alternative deck which has different external bolts, to give me a choice of mechanisms foc!

The only downside, if there is one, is it's damn heavy and a single unit - not easy to move around once bolted together! (I however LOVE this)

Superb service and a really fantastic product, in my opinion.

20171119_191325.jpg

20171117_172503.jpg

20171117_195513.jpg

u6aEKPP7MFAmMZ0x1

Last edited:
I bought the TrakRacer RS6 a couple of weeks back. I'm absolutely blown away by the quality of it. I came from a PlaySeat Evolution - and have a T500rs wheel and the T3Pa Pro pedals (very heavy) along with a 3rd party conical mod, so the pressure required for the brakes was bending the playseat's frame.

The RS6 - nothing. I can literally stand with all my weight on the pedal deck (which I have about 30 degrees raised) and it barely deflects. It's like a tank. Absolutely a bargain. Seat is good too. (I fancied an RS1 but by the time I added the Alcantara to the deal, and shipping to the UK, it was nearly twice the price of the RS6) The RS6's seat is really good too - and the adjustable bolts give a good degree of angles, despite me thinking they wouldn't.

I can answer I guess any questions you might have, or take some pics... The best thing about it is probably that the wheel is far higher than with the playseat, so far more 'GT' style - and tends to match the VR counterpart, so it feels utterly authentic.

I also asked some questions with TrakRacer after I'd received it about how best to tighten up the wheel deck nuts, and they sent me a whole alternative deck which has different external bolts, to give me a choice of mechanisms foc!

The only downside, if there is one, is it's damn heavy and a single unit - not easy to move around once bolted together! (I however LOVE this)

u6aEKPP7MFAmMZ0x1

Thank you for the info. I am leaning towards the TrakRacer. They have it on sale for 15% off because they will not be in stock until Dec 10th they told me. Which is fine, but it knocks off another $100 or so off the price. I may just pull the trigger!

I had concerns about the weight. However, I spoke with some people that have the Rseat RS1 which is basically the same from the looks. They had used furniture carpet sliders and said it moves around very easy which is perfect for me since I will be using this in my theater room so I need to move it out of the way.

I used a code - but only got I think 5% off.

Good luck - don't think you'll regret it...

Thanks. I pulled the trigger and ordered the TrakRacer RS6 in black today. Its 15% off currently and felt this was the best overall deal. $400 less then the RS1 including shipping and looks to be very good quality and almost identical. Cant wait for it to come in with all my Fanatec gear then my TX and WheelStand will go in the closet lol.

I think you'll be impressed. Post a pic and an update once you've sorted it out...:cheers:

Will do. My new Fanatec setup will be here on Thursday. The cockpit is on backorder, so I will probably not see that for a few weeks. I am going to modify my wheel stand pro in the meantime so I can atleast use the Fanatec gear :)

I initially ordered the Trak Racer RS6 in black. It was supposed to be back in US stock on Dec 10th. The 10th came around and they told me there was a miscommunication and Dec 10th was the Australian stock date, US was to be in January. I decided to change my order to the RS8 in red($100 more) since they had US stock. The cockpit showed up yesterday after some shipping delays from Trak Racer. I got it set up and my initial impressions are its built pretty durable as far as the framing. I am not blown away buy the quality of this unit but it is still nice. One of the knobs that holds the seat in will not tighten enough so i need to fix that. There was some damage to the seat and to some of the painted metal components where paint is flaking off. Bolted my new Fanatec gear up to it and ran some laps in Pcars2 last night. Having a cockpit really changed the game for me from playing on my wheel stand. If I had to rate this cockpit I would give it a 7 out of 10. It does the job, quality is decent but not great and Trak Racers communication with me was OK at times but sometimes it was a few days for a response about my order. Here are some pics of my setup.

20171216_223702 (Large).jpg
20171216_223803 (Large).jpg
20171216_225518 (Large).jpg

I didn't have any flaking paint - sorry to hear. Also a bit crappy you had to pay another 100$.

Awesome cinema btw - very nice indeed. I see why you wanted to be able to pull the rig away ...

So I was poking around the internet and I found a cockpit that looks like an exact knockoff of the Rseat RS1. Its a TrakRacer RS6. it goes for $550 shipped to the US. $400 cheaper and looks to be identical. I seen this morning the have would wide sale

rs6-bs-2-500x500.jpg

View attachment 695313

View attachment 695314

View attachment 695316

u6aEKPP7MFAmMZ0x1

Colin after about 3 months use what do you think of the RS6? I'm tried between the RSeat RS1, Trak Racer RS6 & also the RaceRoom RR3033. More leaning towards the RS6 for the price of course & I know for a fact I can hard mount my CSL Elite Base & CSL Elite Pedals.

How is the flex (if any)

And the quality of course mate.

I could write loads about these Trak Racers now.

I loved the RS6 - the pedal deck I found superb - even with my brake mod'd T3PA Pro pedals - I can barely depress the brake to full extent.

What did start to annoy me was the slight sideways flex in the single arm for the wheel. It's not by any means bad - I have a T500rs which is pretty strong FFB, but nothing compared to a direct drive. I couldn't eliminate it entirely, although Trak Racer UK sent me a replacement wheel deck which was MUCH better than the original one shipped.

Meantime, I spotted an RS8 (mach4 sadly) for sale in the (literally) next street - I bought it for £250, originally planning to compare, perhaps franken-RS6/8 between them and then sell one of the two.

I've actually kept both - one in my office with a G29 setup - its perfect with this, as the FFB doesn't cause any flex or movement, so if that's your wheel or similar - T300 etc - this is perfect.

The RS8 I really like a little better - I'm using the TV mount also which is pretty cool, and once sorted out cabling wise, it's a nicer rig. No flex at the wheel - it's better braced by the low arch. There's less clutter at the TV end as I could do away with the bulky TV stand I had seperately with the RS6.

Sadly (there's always something lol) the pedal hoop is the lower one and interferes with my T3PApro pedals - my feet were catching a little on the arch. I solved it by dropping the pedal deck to horizontal, despite not liking the angle of the pedals when on the flat, it's stopped bothering me and I love the rig overall.

I did think I liked the easy access of the RS6 better, but it turns out the RS8 is just the same, as both have a shifter in the way (UK, means shifter is on the LHS, and therefore sits in the opening).

So, the short answer is they are horses for courses. Both have superb build quality - really, really much better than I expected.

I'd love a latest gen5 RS8 ideally - and if you are tempted, I'd suggest this is the one, as it has a much higher arch, and won't get in the way.

I can do pics, or answer any questions you might have, just let me know.

I could write loads about these Trak Racers now.

I loved the RS6 - the pedal deck I found superb - even with my brake mod'd T3PA Pro pedals - I can barely depress the brake to full extent.

What did start to annoy me was the slight sideways flex in the single arm for the wheel. It's not by any means bad - I have a T500rs which is pretty strong FFB, but nothing compared to a direct drive. I couldn't eliminate it entirely, although Trak Racer UK sent me a replacement wheel deck which was MUCH better than the original one shipped.

Meantime, I spotted an RS8 (mach4 sadly) for sale in the (literally) next street - I bought it for £250, originally planning to compare, perhaps franken-RS6/8 between them and then sell one of the two.

I've actually kept both - one in my office with a G29 setup - its perfect with this, as the FFB doesn't cause any flex or movement, so if that's your wheel or similar - T300 etc - this is perfect.

The RS8 I really like a little better - I'm using the TV mount also which is pretty cool, and once sorted out cabling wise, it's a nicer rig. No flex at the wheel - it's better braced by the low arch. There's less clutter at the TV end as I could do away with the bulky TV stand I had seperately with the RS6.

Sadly (there's always something lol) the pedal hoop is the lower one and interferes with my T3PApro pedals - my feet were catching a little on the arch. I solved it by dropping the pedal deck to horizontal, despite not liking the angle of the pedals when on the flat, it's stopped bothering me and I love the rig overall.

I did think I liked the easy access of the RS6 better, but it turns out the RS8 is just the same, as both have a shifter in the way (UK, means shifter is on the LHS, and therefore sits in the opening).

So, the short answer is they are horses for courses. Both have superb build quality - really, really much better than I expected.

I'd love a latest gen5 RS8 ideally - and if you are tempted, I'd suggest this is the one, as it has a much higher arch, and won't get in the way.

I can do pics, or answer any questions you might have, just let me know.

Thanks Colin. They even advised me in the emails to grab the RS6 over the RS8 due to more adjustability in the pedals. (Even over the newer Mach 5 RS8).

I'd have my shifter on the left as well as I'm in the UK also but my concern is the price.
I'll be using CSL Elite Wheel Base PS4 & CSL Elite Pedals which I know I can hard mount to both the RS6/RS8 however £100 difference to me is half the price of my CS Shifter SQ if you know what I mean.

Plus I know the RS6 to move the pedals forwards and backwards and on the RS8 you just slide the chair backwards and forwards but which rig would you say has more pedal plate flex & wheel base flex(if any).

I'm looking to purchase one of the rigs in April or May.

RS6 - Ace pedal setup. Not so rigid wheel mount, especially for your CSL Elite I think.

RS8 - Not so generous pedals (if you buy new you'll get the mach5 which is much better than mine) but more rigid wheel mount (and a screen mount also, which is pretty cool)

Overall, I think (and have kept the RS8 at home) that the RS8 is marginally better overall. I kept my RS6 also - I still love it too, but the wheel base movement I didn't like, so it's now running a G29 which has much less torque.

RS6 - Ace pedal setup. Not so rigid wheel mount, especially for your CSL Elite I think.

RS8 - Not so generous pedals (if you buy new you'll get the mach5 which is much better than mine) but more rigid wheel mount (and a screen mount also, which is pretty cool)

Overall, I think (and have kept the RS8 at home) that the RS8 is marginally better overall. I kept my RS6 also - I still love it too, but the wheel base movement I didn't like, so it's now running a G29 which has much less torque.

Thank a lot Colin. I am slightly leaning towards the RS8 as I haven't got the space for an extra monitor stand so the fact that this is one of the only rigs with a build on monitor as standard AND a shifter mount included. Why the f... not? Lol

I initially ordered the Trak Racer RS6 in black. It was supposed to be back in US stock on Dec 10th. The 10th came around and they told me there was a miscommunication and Dec 10th was the Australian stock date, US was to be in January. I decided to change my order to the RS8 in red($100 more) since they had US stock. The cockpit showed up yesterday after some shipping delays from Trak Racer. I got it set up and my initial impressions are its built pretty durable as far as the framing. I am not blown away buy the quality of this unit but it is still nice. One of the knobs that holds the seat in will not tighten enough so i need to fix that. There was some damage to the seat and to some of the painted metal components where paint is flaking off. Bolted my new Fanatec gear up to it and ran some laps in Pcars2 last night. Having a cockpit really changed the game for me from playing on my wheel stand. If I had to rate this cockpit I would give it a 7 out of 10. It does the job, quality is decent but not great and Trak Racers communication with me was OK at times but sometimes it was a few days for a response about my order. Here are some pics of my setup.

View attachment 699995 View attachment 699996 View attachment 699997

I've read a few reviews and watched a few videos on the RS8 Mach 4 cockpits and they all say the pedal area might interfere with certain branded/sized pedals. The Mach 5 according their official youtube channel should have solved the problem, though they didn't put up any pictures with the pedals actually mounted. Your sim setup is exactly what I have on order right now (Fanatec ClubSport v2.5 base, v3 pedals, v1.5 shifter) so your opinion on the RS8 is really helpful. Quick question though, would you say they actually fixed the problem with the pedal area? If you could post a close up shot of that part it would be great. Thanks!

I've read a few reviews and watched a few videos on the RS8 Mach 4 cockpits and they all say the pedal area might interfere with certain branded/sized pedals. The Mach 5 according their official youtube channel should have solved the problem, though they didn't put up any pictures with the pedals actually mounted. Your sim setup is exactly what I have on order right now (Fanatec ClubSport v2.5 base, v3 pedals, v1.5 shifter) so your opinion on the RS8 is really helpful. Quick question though, would you say they actually fixed the problem with the pedal area? If you could post a close up shot of that part it would be great. Thanks!

I had a few issues with TrakRacer initially. One was they did not ship when they said they would. They were at times unresponsive, but in the end made it right. I had some damage to the seat and paint in the package where they offered me a partial refund. They offered a new unit, but I did not want to go through the hassle. I took the partial refund.

The rig itself is a solid setup, pretty easy to assemble, its nice that the tubing has holes to run the wires through, makes it look a bit cleaner. The only other little quirk with the rig is the base plate for the wheel squeaks at times at the bolted connections when driving hard. I need to take it apart and lube the metal to metal areas and that should fix it.

As far as the pedals. I have CSL Elite LC pedals. Due to the "hoop" by the pedals there "can" be interference. Depending on how you mount the base plate for the pedals to the rig, the interference issue will be either near the gas pedal or clutch pedal. I favored more room towards the gas and not the clutch (since I do not have a shifter) The CSL baseplate is different from your V3. There are holes that the pedals can be moved around to. I have the clutch pedal in the furthest hole. The clutch contacts the hoop barely. However, If I move the clutch pedal 1 slot over, it will clear with no problem and it will be a non issue. Since you have the V3 pedals, it should make it easier for you to just slide the pedals into a position for clearance due to easier adjustability with the V3. Were there any other problems with the pedal area you read about? This is the only one I have encounterd. I saw the RS6 had some flex issues on the base plate, which I do not think I have any. I can take pictures later for you.

Back