Can't find the SVT Mustang Cobra!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anderton Prime
  • 50 comments
  • 3,783 views
Yesterday I ran into an awesome orange / brownish Aston Martin V8 Vantage..... unfortunately I had less than 1% of the funds needed. :(
 
HEY! what days did u find the cobra with 6.2 miles!
that is what im looking foR!!!!!
 
ChristmasGTO
My 04 GTO handles really nice, I absolutely Love it
I dont like the GTO, its a family sedan with the back doors missing.
 
I have found this car many times in the used car showroom 1 and 2! 👍
 
fangorn_forest
Acid X, is it maybe a Lotus Carlton? Possibly a BMW M Coupe?

No, it was a Buick GNX. Great car, by the way.
 
Forget the mustang...I had a svt cobra my first time thru....tuned it up and was loving it....then i had a brain fart when i was in a hurry and shut down while it was saving.....2nd time thru I was looking for something to do more races in.......got the SSR Chevy...tunes to over 600 ponies and handles like a dream with great brakes.......did the FR, Roadster & Sport Truck Races in beginner...the Clubman,Tuner and NA races in pro....Hot rod and stars and stripes in american...later on did the new york enduro with it.....This "truck" will blow the mustang away IMHO
 
YO!
Ford did not, does not, and will not make the Mustang Cobra every year.
For instance, there is no '04 Cobra (if you see or hear of one, it's really more like an '03 1/2, and whoever tells you it's an '04 is either an idiot or full of it.
Ford wanted the new Mustang to coincide with the 40th anniversary of the original Mustang (which was technically '64 1/2). Unfortunately, they couldn't really get it out in a timely manner last year, especially not the GT.
Also, the Lightning is not produced every year.
Technically, there was only one year for the Cobra R...2000.

So when can we see a V10 powered "Super-Stang"?

If you can't find the Cobra, it is because there isn't one for the new Mustang yet.
You'll just hafta stick with the R, which is a pretty bad-ass ride anyway.
 
canadiankiller
so does any1 no wut day the svt cobra is there or wut thats like my fav car
Can you restate that in English please?

Anyways .. its in the used lot 2 every now and then. Check the used car cycle list.
devilgtx
Technically, there was only one year for the Cobra R...2000
Correct. 2000 was the only year that the SVT Cobra R was produced and it was the only year it will ever be produced. I want to say they only built 150 of them or something like that but you can purchase the Cobra R kit for the 99-03 Mustang GTs and Cobras for like $40,000 or somewhere around there.
 
i just got my SVT mustang like.. 5 seconds ago, knew this was up so here you are

got mine, on day 745
 
lol thats funny i just got mine last night on day 745 aswell i love it i souped it up all the way and spent like an hour and a half tuning it to perfection
 
Thanks Syclone, glad someone finally knows something about Mustangs around here.
 
I've seen an orange one floating around like 4 times now in Used Cars I
 
I've seen a lot of these mustangs, but I decided to get a 2005 one.... that I never use.
 
Here's a breakdown on the Cobra R's appearances through the first 197 days:

DAY ...... MILEAGE ...... COST ...... HP
183 ..... 13,721.1 ..... 42,975 ..... 331
176 ..... 15,895.5 ..... 37,244 ..... 331
162 .......... 6.2 ..... 48,704 ..... 367
155 ..... 15,134.5 ..... 42,975 ..... 331
141 ..... 13,281.0 ..... 42,975 ..... 331
064 ..... 30,800.0 ..... 28,650 ..... 331
043 ..... 23,562.7 ..... 37,244 ..... 331
 
jkrobby
Here's a breakdown on the Cobra R's appearances through the first 197 days:

DAY ...... MILEAGE ...... COST ...... HP
183 ..... 13,721.1 ..... 42,975 ..... 331
176 ..... 15,895.5 ..... 37,244 ..... 331
162 .......... 6.2 ..... 48,704 ..... 367
155 ..... 15,134.5 ..... 42,975 ..... 331
141 ..... 13,281.0 ..... 42,975 ..... 331
064 ..... 30,800.0 ..... 28,650 ..... 331
043 ..... 23,562.7 ..... 37,244 ..... 331
Thanks. I got the cheapest one back when I was broke.
 
I just saw a '99 with the Mystic paint yesterday, going to the grocery store. They only made 1,999 with that paint and this was the 2nd I've seen. The first was a few years back, I got behind it in a Burger King drive thru. This one seems to be local, I believe I saw it before but not sure. It does have NC plates.
 
Back