Can't load my ghost in Sportmode/Daily Races/Qualifying

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by CoyoteX, Apr 14, 2019.

1. CoyoteX

CoyoteX

Hello GT Planet Community,
    i'm new to this forum though i often read some threads in the past.
    I play GTS since launch on PS4 Slim. I'm B/S and an average driver. I play with DS4.
    Since 3 weeks i can't load a ghost in Sportmode/Daily Races/Qualifying. I can load it, but it doesn't appear. I checked the settings (Ghost in ON) and pressed R3 a few times, but it doesn't appear. The strange thing is that i can play the replay of this "Online fastest lap". In Arcade Mode/Time Trial i can load my ghost(s) which i created in Arcade Mode, but the Sportmode ghost doesn't work in Arcade Mode, too. I remember that ca. 3 weeks ago at Tokyo Expressway Easter Outer Loop / Group 4 all went fine with loading a ghost. Perhaps it has something to do with the second March Update. 2 of my friends i asked don't have this issue. In the bug thread a similar problem was discussed but it was more general and only a few members were affected.
    So if anyone has the same issue, please post it so that i know i'm not the only one.

Thank you.
    CoyoteX

2. billdan

billdan

I'm also new to GTplanet forum, and like you I have a problem with loading my "best lap replay" as a ghost. They play OK from my library, so the ghosts are being saved.

It all started when the Autopolis update came out a few weeks ago, none of my new saved best lap replays will load as a ghost. All my older ghosts seem to be OK. so far. I should point out this is in Arcade/Time Trial mode.

Is there a link we can inform GTSport whats going on?, as they may not be aware of the problem

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    CoyoteX likes this.
  3. CoyoteX

CoyoteX

First of all thanks for your answer, billdan.
    A similar problem we have here, but different in the details and the time it occured.
    I only know - that when GTS crashes - you can submit the issue with a video of the last seconds before the crash to PSN. But that's not the case here. But a link where you can inform PD or Sony i don't know. I think there exists one, but you have to be able to write in japanese. Further only a small number of players are affected, i guess. If all had this issue, PD would for sure try to fix it.

EDIT: Yesterday I found a ghost of a saved Sportmode/Daily Race "Race-Replay" with the same combo of last week's Race C (Fuji Speedway/Toyota 86 GT) from October 2018. I could load my fastest lap of this race and the ghost appeared. So this is the evidence for me that older ghosts work but newer ghosts do not. As the game works fine in every other aspect, something must have changed - perhaps due to an update - so that newer saved ghosts have an issue with beeing loaded. But why this issue occurs in my case in Sportmode and in your case in Arcade Mode and why at different times (yours after AUTOPOLIS Update) and why others are not affected, is a mystery to me.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 1:18 PM
  4. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

There is a new bug out there that I noticed since at least the last update. Loading the ghost replays will sometimes result in the ghost starting several seconds after you cross the line and then, it appears to only do one lap.

This doesn't happen 100% of the time.

Hopefully, it's fixed in the next update. (hopefully, they also restore some of the stability of the GR3 458 and GR3 Huracan)

Dairyworker likes this.
  5. CoyoteX

CoyoteX

Hello Voodoovaj, thanks for your posting. This with the ghost starting several seconds after i cross the line i had in the beginning of this bug. Now it doesn't appear at all. Hoping for a fix in the next updates is all we can do. GTS has become a very complex "building" so that some bugs only occur for a small group of players. Strange but true.