Can't see my status...

• Thread starter ToyGTone
  • 3 comments
Bahrain
Parts Unknown
DM me
DM me
So around 15 minutes or so, I posted a status and it seemed fine. Now I went to check back and for some reason, it doesnt show up in the main forum page. It does however shows on my profile.

Screenshot_2017-05-12-20-43-13.png
Screenshot_2017-05-12-20-43-03.png

Weird, perhaps a bug?

I'm not sure why that would occur, but yes, the status section is heavily cached and can be a little buggy at times.

As of right now, that post does not display because you have posted a more recent status.

I have experienced this in the past, my theory is that status updates with a lot of tags do not appear on the front page as the BB code associated with tagging the users surpasses the character limit for status updates. It is a loophole that allows you to technically (with BB coding applied) post a status with more than 140 characters but it will not appear on the front page as a result.

To recreate this, try making a status update from your profile page that is 135-139 characters but include a user tag as well. Once you post this status, if my theory is correct, be able to see it on your profile but not on the front page of the forums.

Apologies for the late reply. I hope this makes (some) sense.

I have experienced this in the past, my theory is that status updates with a lot of tags do not appear on the front page as the BB code associated with tagging the users surpasses the character limit for status updates. It is a loophole that allows you to technically (with BB coding applied) post a status with more than 140 characters but it will not appear on the front page as a result.

To recreate this, try making a status update from your profile page that is 135-139 characters but include a user tag as well. Once you post this status, if my theory is correct, be able to see it on your profile but not on the front page of the forums.

Apologies for the late reply. I hope this makes (some) sense.
That did... exactly what you said!

Back