Car Commercials / adverts, post your favorites!

United States
Houston, TX
astrosdude91
Ok, I know that there was a Car commercial thread started a few years ago. But that one was only a car commercial discussion thread, and it only had 5 replies. So I'm using my best judgement and creating a new one. This thread is all about videos. Post your favorite car commercials, or just some classics that you remember. Hopefully this thread will live long and prosper! So I'll start it off.

1990 Ford Ranger
USA

1986 Porsche 944
USA

2011 Ford Mustang
USA​
That format should do.

BFGoodrich

Audi R8

Subaru Impreza Sti

VW Scirocco

Sorry couldn't resist.:lol:

Last edited:
This is an early nineties Dutch Mazda MX-3 commercial illustrating the fact it had the smallest ( 1.8 litre ) V6 engine.:D

Another Dutch Mazda ad from the same early nineties campaign, this time illustrating the silent qualities of the Xedos 6.

And a Volkswagen campaign for the Mk5 GTI called "unpimp my ride".

And I found this Citroen C5 commercial quite funny.

Last edited:
This ad premiered during the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympics.

2010 Audi Lineup
USA​
Audi even takes a shot at Ferrari!

I felt terrible for laughing at that Sportka one.:lol::guilty:

I know what you mean, still funny though knowing it's a fake ( otherwise it wouldn't be obviously ).
This one is "safe" to laugh at, it's a Volkswagen ad illustrating the seamless gearchanges of the DSG-transmission.:D

And this Ford Puma "Bullit" ad is one of the coolest ones I know....

Last edited:
Dodge Nitro:
I have to teach my dog to do that.

Ford Mustang "field of dreams" with Steve McQueen:

Trans Am:

Some old American muscle!

Corvette commercial from '84. You can tell this is from the '80's :lol:

Classic Mustang Mach 1 commercial from 1969.

:lol:, I bet those people weren't even actors!

I Went to the Ferrari museum a couple of years ago and came out afterwards only to see a purple Countach burning tires around town. Noone really seemed to care.

And this one:

I Went to the Ferrari museum a couple of years ago and came out afterwards only to see a purple Countach burning tires around town. Noone really seemed to care.

And this one:

Fixed ye' link.

Also this one:

By the way does anybody know what the last song is?

I really liked Nissan's Dogs Love Trucks ads:

The whole "Enjoy the Ride" campaign was pretty good (but Nissan was really in serious trouble at the time). This isn't very good quality, but:

But this VW ad may be the best car commercial ever. It's perfect on so many levels.

A new ad for the R8 V10 Spyder, with an Iron Man 2 tie in.

Some old Ford Ranger commercials from 1995. I should try some of these sports with my Ranger!

Ok, this isn't really a commercial, it's a PSA. You folks in the UK might have seen it. It shows you just what texting while driving can lead to. A warning, not for the faint of heart.

My two favourite car commercials:

The commercial vehicle that keeps on running after you retired:

eeeeh...

I`m glad I`m too young to have "experienced" the eighties. But I still love this commercial.

Sadly I can't find the original NSX ad, with the guy driving through the Italian village in a bright red NSX...

And I found this Citroen C5 commercial quite funny.

I always liked that one, although apparently Britain is the only place it worked.

I remember reading somewhere that it was tested on a few different nations - the French were offended, the Germans didn't find it funny and the Spanish were confused, as I recall.

Guess the real reactions might indeed be quite similar ;), luckily the next one is fake.............

Never really liked that one, always prefered the pigeon version:

But yeah, uh, none of them work. Didn't remotely persuade me at all in any way to buy one of those Ka XR2s or whatever they're called.

I always liked that one, although apparently Britain is the only place it worked.

I remember reading somewhere that it was tested on a few different nations - the French were offended, the Germans didn't find it funny and the Spanish were confused, as I recall.

I think it is very funny although I expected the Germans to be the ones who actually might be offended ( if indeed you really could be offended by this ) considering it isn't exactly subtle although the French may not like the fact that their proud brand may be percieved or at least marketed as German.
Anyway here's some more.:)

I think it is very funny although I expected the Germans to be the ones who actually might be offended ( if indeed you really could be offended by this ) considering it isn't exactly subtle although the French may not like the fact that their proud brand may be percieved or at least marketed as German.
Anyway here's some more.:)

I suppose the French were probably offended at the idea that their car industry needed to emulate Germany to be successful. Which I suppose is fair enough, as the French seem to almost exclusively buy their own cars.

*Peugeot Elephant advert*

Ahaha, now why can't Peugeot do stuff like that now? All they seem to spit out these days is soulless upmarket-looking trash, rehashed a year later into soulless modern-looking trash. Oh and of course soulless oh-I'm-so-horny-and-American trash, musn't forget that.

Back