- 92,441

- Rule 12
- GTP_Famine
I did a quote on a S14 touring
That's an automatic.
If anyone can show me a japanese car with similiar performance to the 2.0FSI A3, with cheaper insurance I will check it out.
What are you looking to spend on buying it?
I did a quote on a S14 touring
If anyone can show me a japanese car with similiar performance to the 2.0FSI A3, with cheaper insurance I will check it out.
.......
As an aside. Group 18, 3.0 litre V6, £311. Get in!![]()
Oh and remember, a 1.4 corsa costs me 2100 to insure. I dont think 3500, is bad at all for a much superior car. I work to live, not live to work and want a nice car.
WTF? That isn't right, you are 21? It cost me a grand and a bit to insure my 1.4 polo when I was that age, also I was using it to commute to work.
What are you looking to spend on buying it?
Insurance is really expensive these days for young drivers with 0 yrs NCB. My friend spent £1700 on his new 1.2 polo which does 60 in 14 secs.
10-12k
Not one that doesnt look and drive like a granny mobile.
I say again, man alive... If you cut that budget in half I could think of alternatives - and it'd increase your insurance budget too...
It depends some newer cars can be cheaper because they are safer. It all boils down to the factors Famine and Scaff pointed out earlier in the thread.I'm not 100% on this but newer cars will cost more to insure because they are worth more.
Famine's Maths Club!
£11,000 - Audi A3
£3,500 - First year insurance
£3,000 - Second year insurance
£2,250 - Third year insurance
£19,750
c.v.
£6,000 - A.N.Other car.
£6,000 - First year insurance.
£4,750 - Second year insurance.
£3,500 - Third year insurance.
£20,250
£500 extra for a slightly older, but much better, better-handling, faster car.
Being 36 has its advantages.![]()
You and famine with your suprisingly cheap car insurance!I say![]()
![]()
And they are?The Focus isnt on another level for FWD cars at all, there are several japanese FWD cars that will and would take it for a walk.
The original Cortina that was praised for its handling ability and won countless touring car championships, the Mk1 and Mk2 Escorts are some of the single most famous rally cars of all time, with the road car versions still highly sought to this day. The '80s saw the era of the 'Cossie' models, and then we move to the Puma, rated by many as again a car that set handling benchmarks for FWD cars, and we then move to the Focus. But we must not forget that little gem of the current range, the Ford Ka, superb dynamics and feedback in a tiny package. Ford have been building great handling cars for decades, and none of the ones I have mentioned are supercars, which means only one thing. You know bugger all about Ford.And audi have been releasing good handling cars for well over a decade. Fords first good handling car? (excluding supercars). The Escort Cosworth, and they didnt make another good handling car till the MK1 focus, the MK2 is still good, but not as good as the first.
Can you show me published proof that Ford's have a current major issue with rust? Or that they suffer from awful reliability issues? I would ask you to show proof that the Focus is a hideously un-reliable car and prone to rust (an almost unheard of condition on modern cars unless they have suffered accident damage that has been incorrectly repaired). The only statement you have a hope with here is that Fords do drop value more than Audi's.Then theres the reliabilty issues of fords also to contend with and their rubbish ability at holding onto their value and not rusting away.
.
£500 extra for a slightly older, but much better, better-handling, faster car.
.......
As an aside. Group 18, 3.0 litre V6, £311. Get in!![]()
Not one that doesnt look and drive like a granny mobile.
'd just buy a Mk1 MX5 - the slowest being 9.4 to 60 and 119mph top speed, according to Wikipedia - and have an absolute riot in it. But then that's just me.
a 21 year old whose regular driving experience consists of a Corsa
One of the best suggestions yet, something that will teach you a lot about driving, at reasonable speeds and within a sane budget.
👍
Scaff
Its faster than the A3, cheaper than the A3, and if it chip it I will get a huge powerboost from it![]()
And if you chip it the insurance company will get a boost from your pocket too.
What about the Leon? I'd prefer it to the Ibiza.