Car Magazine Article Leak ?

• Thread starter CJ1045
  • 74 comments
The Gr.2 cars are based from Super GT500. There are only three models in that series. The only other cars that use those regulations(next year), are DTM(AUDI, BMW, AMG). If you mean those should be added, I'm all for it.

Well I guess, and I didn't know that there weren't that many now. So no old JGTC cars at all that were super gt's can be put in gran turismo? Like the supra, or the fto?

Well I guess, and I didn't know that there weren't that many now. So no old JGTC cars at all that were super gt's can be put in gran turismo? Like the supra, or the fto?
If they give us the Castrol and or WoodOne Supra, might be a bit weird vs the new GT500s is all, but PD do whatever they want. It's beyond me to shut down anyone's hopes and dreams. :)

If JGTC or earlier (pre-2014) Super GT Cars were to be added, they would have to be in a seperate class all together because they’re no comparison to modern Super GT machines.

I've gotta be honest, I've been racing on those tracks for the best part of 20 years... I'm not that bothered about getting them. They were a product of racing game culture in the 90's and the limitations of the first Playstation (trees and tunnels everywhere!)... the nostalgia is strong with them, but if they were to come back I'd want a total overhaul of them, with more than one layout (in either direction), just something to make them feel a little different.

As for the update rumour itself...

I think it's reasonable to hope some additional content along with the Supra, and what Car suggests is reasonable if we accept that PD can continue the established previous pattern. 2 tracks could mean anything though, I wouldn't be getting my hopes up for new stuff, but Alsace, Dragon, and Fishermans ranch are all ripe for additional layouts. Every month they keep this pattern going for is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Except as time,m has gone on, rendering a dense forest has proven difficult. I also call BS on the hardware limitations when Granturismo 1-2 included grand valley/ autumn ring, both of which had wide open areas.

Except as time,m has gone on, rendering a dense forest has proven difficult.

It's not difficult, it's a choice because of hardware limitations...

I also call BS on the hardware limitations when Granturismo 1-2 included grand valley/ autumn ring, both of which had wide open areas.

.. oh right, I geuss they don't exist then.

More information ?
Yes, I spoke to CAR magazine's online editor and he's fact-checking it; the piece was written from the Geneva Motor Show floor, which is usually pretty hectic, so it may be accurate or it may be a conflation of two details - the contents of the February update and the presence of the GR Supra in the April update. When he comes back to me we'll know - although this is a 6 week old piece and we might never know which it is.

Yes, I spoke to CAR magazine's online editor and he's fact-checking it; the piece was written from the Geneva Motor Show floor, which is usually pretty hectic, so it may be accurate or it may be a conflation of two details - the contents of the February update and the presence of the GR Supra in the April update. When he comes back to me we'll know - although this is a 6 week old piece and we might never know which it is.
Savior :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::gtpflag:

Back