Car maintenance

  • Thread starter Thread starter cygnus_zero
  • 9 comments
  • 1,243 views
Messages
549
Messages
CygnusZero
Is there kind of a general rule of thumb as far as how many mile you can put on a car before you need to rebuild the engine or chassis?

I wish there was some sort of in game notification tell you it's time.
 
sadly there are no notifiers or some sort in the game on which the cars should have engine rebuild or chassis maintenance...
 
Since there are no indicators, when do you know when your car needs maintenance? You can tell and engine rebuild by the decrease in HP, but how do you know when your car needs chasis maintenance? Can you tell the difference after?
 
Since there are no indicators, when do you know when your car needs maintenance? You can tell and engine rebuild by the decrease in HP, but how do you know when your car needs chasis maintenance? Can you tell the difference after?

Yeah its a pain. I have the X2010 with about 10000 miles, obviously not that much, but it wont go over 270mph. I heard this thing should go faster than that, so since there's nothing in the game telling me whats up with it, I dont know what im supposed to fix.
 
Some experience the limit in a corner is lowered after heavy using. To me body restoration means a placebo to me...
 
I asked the same question on another website forum a while back.

Someone mentioned that this should be a decent routine for your most used and high mileage cars:

The first 150 (or 300) miles + every 200 or so miles each time = Oil Change
15,000+ km = Engine Rebuild
30,000+ km = Chassis Refresh

The numbers aren't concrete, and there are some unseen variables yet to be factored in, but that's generally what should be done (or at least what some go by). Your car's chassis will be fine after a good long while, and should be the least of your worries. The only thing you should worry about is your HP drops, but even so, your engine can take a pretty decent beating too. It's just the scheduled oil changes that you have to keep up with. Also take note that after a certain amount of mileage is put on your car (a massive amount of miles, I might add), you permamently lose HP. No matter how many oil changes and engine rebuilds you do, your car can and will lose HP forever. But that's not for a long while.

Hope this helps, as this is what I've been able to find out about it.
 
Last edited:
I have too many cars that I use regularly to pay attention to mileage, I wait for the HP to start dropping then I change the oil.

Engine rebuild when the oil change stops working

Chassis rebuild when the car suddenly handles like crap
 
Back