Car number type in lobby races Help please

• Thread starter Junkerdenb
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Can anyone explain how the numbers work in online lobbies? The choices are no limit, default, standard, nations cup number and manufacturer series number. What does it all mean? We do a friends only lobby and were thinking of assigning numbers but we haven’t got a clue what these options actually do

It’s just different Number plates, Nations shows your country, Manufacturers Shows the car brand your driving, standard probably just shows GT Sport. It’s easier to just use your own custom numbers and plates for lobby races. :)

Edit: It’s hard to see all of them, but here are the differences if you can see them.

Nations.
796DE272-0797-43EB-A726-41F73E58D952.png

Manufacturers.
8042049D-8DAB-4570-AC57-18A30906030E.jpeg

Daily Races.
D855208C-419D-4CFA-83B2-59C511975F73.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s just different Number plates, Nations shows your country, Manufacturers Shows the car brand your driving, standard probably just shows GT Sport. It’s easier to just use your own custom numbers and plates for lobby races. :)

Edit: It’s hard to see all of them, but here are the differences if you can see them.

Nations. View attachment 956458

Manufacturers.
View attachment 956455

Daily Races.
View attachment 956456

Ah ok, so it’s just the style of plate. How is the number determined? Last lobby race we did all of us were number 999?

Ah ok, so it’s just the style of plate. How is the number determined? Last lobby race we did all of us were number 999?

I think (and I might be wrong) that the number when using "Standard", "Nations" or "Manufacturers" number plate style will be whatever has been entered when creating the livery. If you select "By Driver Class" then the number plate style will be whatever is on the livery and then the number determined by Driver Rating.

So if you were all number 999 then I'd guess that either nobody in the lobby had entered a Sport Mode race before so didn't have a driver rating, or the liveries being used all had 999 entered as the door number?

I think (and I might be wrong) that the number when using "Standard", "Nations" or "Manufacturers" number plate style will be whatever has been entered when creating the livery. If you select "By Driver Class" then the number plate style will be whatever is on the livery and then the number determined by Driver Rating.

So if you were all number 999 then I'd guess that either nobody in the lobby had entered a Sport Mode race before so didn't have a driver rating, or the liveries being used all had 999 entered as the door number?
ok, that’s strange as we’re a mix of all DRs, me and a couple of others are A, lots of B and C rank drivers. Must be the default number if none is chosen on the livery editor?

I think the door numbers bug if you leave the track and then re-enter.

I set up my private FIA practice lobbies to have the appropriate door number style for the event, assigned by driver rating. I always seem to get door number 201 (or something along those lines) when I first go onto the track. However, that usually becomes 999 if I exit to change some settings or swap to a different car.

I've noticed it happen to one of my friends too when he's in those lobbies with me.

I think the door numbers bug if you leave the track and then re-enter.

I set up my private FIA practice lobbies to have the appropriate door number style for the event, assigned by driver rating. I always seem to get door number 201 (or something along those lines) when I first go onto the track. However, that usually becomes 999 if I exit to change some settings or swap to a different car.

I've noticed it happen to one of my friends too when he's in those lobbies with me.

I get the same thing. I set up practice FIA lobbies for myself using the appropriate number board and I always have 201. I also get 999 when I exit and then enter the track again. Must be a bug....

Back