Car of The Month: April! - Build your own Racing Modification/Touring Car!

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium Package '07 (550PP SS)

trial-mountain-circuit_11-jpg.523627

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium Package '07 (550PP RH)

trial-mountain-circuit_10-jpg.523625

There were all finished last week. I just didn't have time to publish till now. I am too busy at the moment. Studying for a research exam next week. Fun isn't the word I would use for this exam.
Can't be as bad as one of the tests my wife had take in college.
72 hours to answer 6 questions with citations. Apoxment research time 12 hours per question. -_- average score was 50% for the class.

Good luck with it sir, you can do anything you put your mind too.

1:23.875 @TheInfamousJEW6 Cadillac CTS-Coupe '11 642PP at the Trial Mountain Circuit on Racing Hard Tyres track set/ Real using my G29 wheel, overall not much to say about this car other than its a very good car and this thing belongs in my garage :cheers:.

1:31.685 @shaunm80 Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P. '07 550P at the Trial Mountain Circuit on Sports Soft Tyres track set/ Real, overall this is a fun car to drive and it handles the corners so well and there is not much not else to say bout this car :cheers:.

1:29.812 @shaunm80 Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P. '07 550P at the Trial Mountain Circuit on Racing Hard Tyres track set/ Real, overall very good car sir but I like this car on Sports Soft tyres :cheers:.

1:28.318 @shaunm80 BMW Z8 '01 550PP at the Trial Mountain Circuit on Sports Soft Tyres track set/ Real, this car handles so well with me and I have no other issues with this car sir :cheers:, and also I tried your other BMW Z8 '01 550PP on Racing Hard Tyres I got 1:27.390 it handles not so well on these tyres for me and you can lose control in some corners on these tyres which I think is a setup issue.

1:23.875 @TheInfamousJEW6 Cadillac CTS-Coupe '11 642PP at the Trial Mountain Circuit on Racing Hard Tyres track set/ Real using my G29 wheel, overall not much to say about this car other than its a very good car and this thing belongs in my garage :cheers:.

1:31.685 @shaunm80 Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P. '07 550P at the Trial Mountain Circuit on Sports Soft Tyres track set/ Real, overall this is a fun car to drive and it handles the corners so well and there is not much not else to say bout this car :cheers:.

1:29.812 @shaunm80 Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P. '07 550P at the Trial Mountain Circuit on Racing Hard Tyres track set/ Real, overall very good car sir but I like this car on Sports Soft tyres :cheers:.

1:28.318 @shaunm80 BMW Z8 '01 550PP at the Trial Mountain Circuit on Sports Soft Tyres track set/ Real, this car handles so well with me and I have no other issues with this car sir :cheers:, and also I tried your other BMW Z8 '01 550PP on Racing Hard Tyres I got 1:27.390 it handles not so well on these tyres for me and you can lose control in some corners on these tyres which I think is a setup issue.

Thanks for the kind words Hall! I couldn' t believe how much I enjoyed the car myself. It's just fun to drive! Thanks for taking it for a spin :cheers:

Thank you for the reviews. I am glad that you enjoyed the SS version of the Z8 car. I agree that the RH cars are a little odd. For some reason, some cars do not seem to gel easily with RH tyres and this appeared to be one of them from my POV. I would like to think that some of the other great tuners could tame this car on RH tyres though. Anyone stepping up to this task?

Been quiet around here lately, I do have several reviews to try and post before the day is over. I have also got several more I am planning to get to before the month ends.

If you have not noticed the thread title, it has been changed. This month will likely be the last unless I decide to update in May. I need a break and will be taking at least a month off and am undecided as to whether or not I will be continuing after that. Thank you to all who have participated these past few months and for the last year and a half. It has Been fun but I am losing my desire and motivation to continue. Maybe a month off will help, May be not, we will just have to wait and see.

Been quiet around here lately, I do have several reviews to try and post before the day is over. I have also got several more I am planning to get to before the month ends.

If you have not noticed the thread title, it has been changed. This month will likely be the last unless I decide to update in May. I need a break and will be taking at least a month off and am undecided as to whether or not I will be continuing after that. Thank you to all who have participated these past few months and for the last year and a half. It has Been fun but I am losing my desire and motivation to continue. Maybe a month off will help, May be not, we will just have to wait and see.
Regardless of what happens with this thread, Thank you for all your hard work and making this thread fun and interesting. I can understand where you are coming from with regards to GT6 lately so enjoy a month off and see if that helps with your personal enjoyment factor.

SLS AMG reviews:

@shaunm80 650pp SS
Loads of grip, but maybe too much mid-corner as some minor understeer can appear.
Adjusting the line does help. Brakes are excellent, which leads you to drive in deeper but that helps induce some of the understeer. Trans and LSD are fantastic, making application of power smooth and easy. I like this Benz, and this tune helps with the enjoyment factor, and I hated this car in GT5.
Nice work, best lap at Eifel Woods - 1:29.248

@lBt_33 600pp SS
No trans listed so I used stock, you should mention that in your post. I also set brakes to 3 / 4.
Loads of camber helped to remove most of the understeer this car has. Also makes the car very responsive with great grip and just enough rear slip. Only thing that may help would be a custom trans and triple-plate clutch. High LSD and my DS3 got along just fine too :dopey:
Best lap at Eifel Woods - 1:32.456

Cadillac CTS-V Review - @TheInfamousJEW6 642pp SS
How could such a good looking car be such a beast to tame? Feels stiff and heavy (well, it is heavy).
Little mid-corner understeer, but that is weight dist and what you fight on this car. Loads of power and tons of fun, may not be the fastest in the pp bracket but will bring much enjoyment non the less.
Best lap at Eifel Woods - 1:32.160 👍

@shaunm80 more fun toys!

Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 600pp RH
I love this car and have many versions in my garage, and one waiting for me to find the time to post. Handling can be awesome if done right, but the time may be slower than the C6 Z06. This tune shows that perfectly as it checks every box and hard to find any fault. Might need a tick, just a tiny bit more turn-in and mid-corner rotation, but it might hurt to change anything, therefore I would leave it as is.
Nearly perfect, might be your best tune I have ever driven, or it just may be that I thoroughly enjoy this car. Either way, fantastic tune, smooth - stable - and puts a smile on your face driving.
Great job :) 👍
Best lap at Eifel Woods - 1:32.424

R8 4.2 R tronic '07 599pp RH
Just like the Stingray, it checks off most of the boxes with rear end looseness if you push too hard. Being aided with front and rear downforce, it is capable of setting some really low lap times. As you will see, you can stuff it in a corner harder and hold the line, power is to apply and brakes that do the job right if you find the proper zone. Too late and the rear can step out, so be smart and it will reward you.
Best lap at Eifel Woods - 1:29.808

Viper GTS '13 650pp RH
There are plenty of offline A-spec races against AI race cars where this thing would destroy the field.
Very stable for a Viper, though very slow corner exit may require some throttle control, but otherwise it is just fast and furious. :drool:
Brilliant tune :cool:, best lap at Eifel Woods - 1:26.481 (my personal fastest in a street car, although very few have had a pp level this high. Still, says something about how good this tune really is). :D

Shelby GT500 '13 630pp RH
And now back to your regularly scheduled program. And reality too.
Ok, so it's not a bad tune but just a tough car to get to rotate. You did a really good job here with what you had to work with and inspired me to do a 630pp version. (mine was 1.2 secs faster :sly: :P)
Feels stiff and does take some patience after driving the 3 aforementioned tunes. But once you get the line down, it's not s bad. Just slower while being stable and strong down the straights.
Best lap at Eifel Woods - 1:31.993 (impressive on my book for this car :dopey:)

Well now, I apologize for not being too active here lately. But I do have a tune to quickly review here for y'all. It's from @Thorin Cain , and it is his NSX Type R on RH tires. I tried both versions of the tune, and long story short, the original tune was 5 for 5 (tracks) in testing. I loved the original tune; it has great handling, good straight line speed, looks awesome, and it's just flat out awesome. The handling is what makes this NSX the ULTIMATE. Of course, don't push it too hard, or the snap reaction of the car will spin it out. The speed isn't mind bendingly quick, but it's enough for the car. I would dare say that this might be the Japanese MR Car of the Month!

Before the times, I did not install the rigidity improvement or the oil change, so I had it running close to 575 PP. Yes, I tested this car on all five tracks, with the two versions each, so you're looking at TEN times. I'll list the versions per time.

Deep Forest Reverse
Original: 1:12.181
Update: 1:12.382

Trial Mountain
Orig. : 1:23.219
Update: 1:23.622

Grand Valley
Orig.: 1:48.178
Update: 1:48.770

Special Stage Route 11
Orig.: 2:50.750
Update: 2:52.302

Eifel Woods
Orig.: 1:29.239
Update: 1:29.719

SLS AMG reviews:

@shaunm80 650pp SS
Loads of grip, but maybe too much mid-corner as some minor understeer can appear.
Adjusting the line does help. Brakes are excellent, which leads you to drive in deeper but that helps induce some of the understeer. Trans and LSD are fantastic, making application of power smooth and easy. I like this Benz, and this tune helps with the enjoyment factor, and I hated this car in GT5.

@lBt_33 600pp SS
No trans listed so I used stock, you should mention that in your post. I also set brakes to 3 / 4.
Loads of camber helped to remove most of the understeer this car has. Also makes the car very responsive with great grip and just enough rear slip. Only thing that may help would be a custom trans and triple-plate clutch. High LSD and my DS3 got along just fine too :dopey:

How could such a good looking car be such a beast to tame? Feels stiff and heavy (well, it is heavy).
Little mid-corner understeer, but that is weight dist and what you fight on this car. Loads of power and tons of fun, may not be the fastest in the pp bracket but will bring much enjoyment non the less.

@shaunm80 more fun toys!

I love this car and have many versions in my garage, and one waiting for me to find the time to post. Handling can be awesome if done right, but the time may be slower than the C6 Z06. This tune shows that perfectly as it checks every box and hard to find any fault. Might need a tick, just a tiny bit more turn-in and mid-corner rotation, but it might hurt to change anything, therefore I would leave it as is.
Nearly perfect, might be your best tune I have ever driven, or it just may be that I thoroughly enjoy this car. Either way, fantastic tune, smooth - stable - and puts a smile on your face driving.

Just like the Stingray, it checks off most of the boxes with rear end looseness if you push too hard. Being aided with front and rear downforce, it is capable of setting some really low lap times. As you will see, you can stuff it in a corner harder and hold the line, power is to apply and brakes that do the job right if you find the proper zone. Too late and the rear can step out, so be smart and it will reward you.

Viper GTS '13 650pp RH
There are plenty of offline A-spec races against AI race cars where this thing would destroy the field.
Very stable for a Viper, though very slow corner exit may require some throttle control, but otherwise it is just fast and furious. :drool:
Brilliant tune :cool:, best lap at Eifel Woods - 1:26.481 (my personal fastest in a street car, although very few have had a pp level this high. Still, says something about how good this tune really is). :D

Ok, so it's not a bad tune but just a tough car to get to rotate. You did a really good job here with what you had to work with and inspired me to do a 630pp version. (mine was 1.2 secs faster :sly: :P)
Feels stiff and does take some patience after driving the 3 aforementioned tunes. But once you get the line down, it's not s bad. Just slower while being stable and strong down the straights.
Thank you for the excellent reviews. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed most of my american cars. As your garage is named after a american classic, It is awesome to get good feedback from you. I see you went for the RH tyres most of the time too. Brave man, I personally prefer these cars on SS tyres but they appear to work (mostly) on RH pretty good too. Thanks again. :)

Well now, I apologize for not being too active here lately. But I do have a tune to quickly review here for y'all. It's from @Thorin Cain , and it is his NSX Type R on RH tires. I tried both versions of the tune, and long story short, the original tune was 5 for 5 (tracks) in testing. I loved the original tune; it has great handling, good straight line speed, looks awesome, and it's just flat out awesome. The handling is what makes this NSX the ULTIMATE. Of course, don't push it too hard, or the snap reaction of the car will spin it out. The speed isn't mind bendingly quick, but it's enough for the car. I would dare say that this might be the Japanese MR Car of the Month!

Before the times, I did not install the rigidity improvement or the oil change, so I had it running close to 575 PP. Yes, I tested this car on all five tracks, with the two versions each, so you're looking at TEN times. I'll list the versions per time.

Deep Forest Reverse

Trial Mountain

Grand Valley

Special Stage Route 11

Eifel Woods
Now that is some good hard work testing right there. Great review and info, I will get your (fast) times posted.👍

Thank you for the excellent reviews. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed most of my american cars. As your garage is named after a american classic, It is awesome to get good feedback from you. I see you went for the RH tyres most of the time too. Brave man, I personally prefer these cars on SS tyres but they appear to work (mostly) on RH pretty good too. Thanks again. :)
I enjoyed all of them, especially the Vette of course. But your Viper is wicked fast, SLS is no slouch either. And the Shelby was a pleasant surprise as it normal like straight lines only. Then there is the R8, heavy, but with the downforce given from PD and flat floor, it was like a race car. Glued, and could be tossed into the corners without fear. Great job with that one.
The only reasons I went RH was track choice, suits those tires better at higher pp levels to really enjoy the track in my opinion. SS work, but ....... ;)

@shaunm80
After testing some of your tunes, and still having more to do, I remembered why I do this thread month after month. I did thoroughly enjoy driving other tunes and comparing to my own work, and since yours are close to mine it's easy to do.

Testing and reviewing are my biggest time consuming issue, and I am feeling bogged down with it. Sometimes I just cannot motivate myself to do it as I have other GT6 things I am trying to accomplish. But when I do it, it's rather enjoyable. So I may post my list for April after all, and just see how it goes. I may not get to testing as much but hopefully others will jump in and help the load a bit.

The idea for the next two months is to change gears just a bit. List cars with down force front and rear to compare with the flat floor cars. Next up is mostly tuners, but I have a special list for May. I might just cut back testing a bit and keep listing, I think the list for May will be quite enjoyable for the community.

@shaunm80
After testing some of your tunes, and still having more to do, I remembered why I do this thread month after month. I did thoroughly enjoy driving other tunes and comparing to my own work, and since yours are close to mine it's easy to do.

Testing and reviewing are my biggest time consuming issue, and I am feeling bogged down with it. Sometimes I just cannot motivate myself to do it as I have other GT6 things I am trying to accomplish. But when I do it, it's rather enjoyable. So I may post my list for April after all, and just see how it goes. I may not get to testing as much but hopefully others will jump in and help the load a bit.

The idea for the next two months is to change gears just a bit. List cars with down force front and rear to compare with the flat floor cars. Next up is mostly tuners, but I have a special list for May. I might just cut back testing a bit and keep listing, I think the list for May will be quite enjoyable for the community.
That is good you may do a list for April and I hope you do, and I would like to help out if I get free time I hope 👍.

SLS AMG reviews:

@shaunm80 650pp SS

@lBt_33 600pp SS

@shaunm80 more fun toys!

Viper GTS '13 650pp RH

Thanks for the review Bowtie! It was a beast to try and tame, and try as I might, it was still a beast at the end! :lol:

As for taking a month off, enjoy yourself! 👍 Your contributions to the planet are great and will be missed, but I definitely understand. I love this game and racing with my wheel, but alas there is just not enough time in day to be able to play it as much as I'd like. :( I find myself choosing different games right now because whenever I play GT6 time just slips away from me and I never get anything done. :embarrassed: Good Luck and God's Speed in whatever endeavors you choose from here on out! :cheers:

I have an idea I think could be pretty cool. Using the GTPlanet club in GT6, we could have an meet up and drive around in our favourite cars and have short one-make races with some of the listed cars. Whether or not that floats anyone's boat, I'm just throwing that idea out there.

1:27.746 @shaunm80 Ford Shelby GT500 '13 (630PP) at the Trial Mountain Circuit on Sports Soft tyres, track set/ Real using a G29 wheel. Overall this car is very nice to drive, handling is very good with no issues with me and well done Sir :cheers:.

1:25.248 @shaunm80 Ford Shelby GT500 '13 (630PP) at the Trial Mountain Circuit on Racing Hard tyres, track set/ Real. Overall the handing is also very good with no issues with the car and they are fun to drive :cheers:.

1:27.759 @shaunm80 Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13 (590PP) at the Trial Mountain Circuit on Sports Soft tyres, track set/ Real. Overall there is not much to say about this car other than, it is the best Muscle car I have driven on this track, it handles the corners so well, to me this tune is outstanding for this track well done :bowdown: Shaun.

1:26.827 @shaunm80 Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13 (590PP) at the Trial Mountain Circuit on Racing Hard tyres, track set/ Real. Overall there is not much to say about tis car :cheers:.

1:49:.575 @shaunm80 SRT Viper GTS '13 (650PP) at the Grand Valley Speedway on Sports Softs tyres, track set/ Real. Overall a handful on these tyres its like I had far to many beers, that all I got to say about this car.

1:45.985 @shaunm80 SRT Viper GTS '13 (650PP) at the Grand Valley Speedway on Racing Hard tyres, track set/ Real. Overall this car is heaps better on these tyres and it handles a lot better also on the corners nice car :cheers:.

1:27.746 @shaunm80 Ford Shelby GT500 '13 (630PP) at the Trial Mountain Circuit on Sports Soft tyres, track set/ Real using a G29 wheel. Overall this car is very nice to drive, handling is very good with no issues with me and well done Sir :cheers:.

1:25.248 @shaunm80 Ford Shelby GT500 '13 (630PP) at the Trial Mountain Circuit on Racing Hard tyres, track set/ Real. Overall the handing is also very good with no issues with the car and they are fun to drive :cheers:.

1:27.759 @shaunm80 Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13 (590PP) at the Trial Mountain Circuit on Sports Soft tyres, track set/ Real. Overall there is not much to say about this car other than, it is the best Muscle car I have driven on this track, it handles the corners so well, to me this tune is outstanding for this track well done :bowdown: Shaun.

1:26.827 @shaunm80 Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13 (590PP) at the Trial Mountain Circuit on Racing Hard tyres, track set/ Real. Overall there is not much to say about tis car :cheers:.

1:49:.575 @shaunm80 SRT Viper GTS '13 (650PP) at the Grand Valley Speedway on Sports Softs tyres, track set/ Real. Overall a handful on these tyres its like I had far to many beers, that all I got to say about this car.

1:45.985 @shaunm80 SRT Viper GTS '13 (650PP) at the Grand Valley Speedway on Racing Hard tyres, track set/ Real. Overall this car is heaps better on these tyres and it handles a lot better also on the corners nice car :cheers:.
Thanks for the great reviews. I can understand why the 650PP SS tune might have been a handful. It is a lot of power for those tyres to cope with. Great times you set with the tunes as well. American muscle cars are quite fun when they work right. Even better when they take corners like their european counterparts. :) Great work as always. Thanks @fordlaser777

Nice work and fast lap times.

I see you used Premium Membership Privilege and changed your name. Luckily I recognised your Border Collie avatar :dopey:
I will update leader boards when I get the chance.
Thanks for the review Bowtie! It was a beast to try and tame, and try as I might, it was still a beast at the end! :lol:

As for taking a month off, enjoy yourself! 👍 Your contributions to the planet are great and will be missed, but I definitely understand. I love this game and racing with my wheel, but alas there is just not enough time in day to be able to play it as much as I'd like. :( I find myself choosing different games right now because whenever I play GT6 time just slips away from me and I never get anything done. :embarrassed: Good Luck and God's Speed in whatever endeavors you choose from here on out! :cheers:
I will add the next list at the end of the month or 1st of April. Might not get to all the tunes for testing but will keep it going.

So many cars to pick from... I kinda feel bad for not getting to all of them, but I really shouldn't as that is pretty daunting to get to all of them. I do have my eye set on those Vipers, though...
To do all of them would be daunting indeed, and pure insanity in my opinion. Let me try and help by explaining if I may.

As for my tunes, in my garage I have tested them and you can see how they rate. The Camaro was tested against the Boss, although I never posted the Boss 302. I do have one at 575pp to still get posted as I have updated it.

The Vettes, there are two versions of each and they were tested recently. The 600pp versions tend to be heavier than the Team Vette versions at 600pp. At 630pp, they were built to compete with the Vipers so they are closer in weight for the Team Vette versions. My FITT Viper did not do so well, but the Team Viper version at 630pp is much better. The Launch is different however, each I really liked. The ACR suffers badly from the pp hit it gets from having down force and flat floor. You can see those results in my garage as well. Links are with the tunes.

My suggestion would be to try the Vipers, but the 02 GTS IS JUST SLOW. Avoid the ACR unless you really want to try them.

You can then try the Vettes if you wish, I really liked the C7, but the Z06 and Zr1 are faster. @shaunm80 650pp Viper will surprise you at 650pp on RH;).

Daunting task is sometimes how I feel trying to make sure every other tune gets tested atleast once :boggled:.

Deep Forest Reverse

Trial Mountain

Grand Valley

Special Stage Route 11

Eifel Woods
:eek: That's a whole lot of laps you ran. Many thanks for such a Herculean effort in testing both versions of this tune out. And thank you for your most kind words about it :D:tup: and some pretty fine lap-times too.
Your time, effort and feedback is greatly appreciated :bowdown: :cheers:

Review of Honda S2000 '06 from Antares Speed Factory
ap2_cotm-jpg.505101

(Image by @Antares26)

Ok, it would be really easy for me to say that I liked this a lot and just leave it there. But that would be a little short, and anyone who has been around for a while knows that if I make a short comment, there's something not quite right going on :lol:

Having seen the other S2000 posted (by @Bowtie-muscle) was for 550pp I was a little surprised that this was only for 525pp. But when I was building the car, it became pretty obvious why, you left it naturally aspirated. Good man 👍 I much prefer driving n/a tuned cars to those with turbos (or superchargers) and I've made the same decision myself a lot. Personally I find the n/a way usually works better for me as an overall performer and that even with a bit less power output, the laptimes can be just as quick... provided of course that the transmission is complimentary to it. Which in this case I would have to say it was 👍 I think for the car at this power you have the ratios pretty well spot on (better than I normally do anyway :( :lol:) I had no issues with it at all on any track (I would normally be looking to adjust the final gear for track changes, but I left it as is.)

As for the rest of the tune, I can't really find anything I would say is that bad. The suspension was good, stable and with enough agility to get round the bends well. My only comment about this is that I felt personally the rear could have done with a bit more support, particularly in lower speed corners (the tunnel section at Deep Forest Reverse, could upset the car a little if I was just a little too aggresive, but generally it was fine everywhere else. Seemed to be close to perfect for GVS IMO.

And the LSD, well, let's just say I'm not a big fan of allowing more rotation under throttle application than on entry to or mid-corner. That is what is happening with the settings you have. the car is much tighter during braking (off-throttle) which does help to make for a stable corner entry, but there is a small chance that the outside rear tyre can loose traction on entry, but this isn't a big issue with this car the way it's set-up and if it happens (which it did a couple of times...mostly my fault :embarrassed:) and if throttle application is too abrupt afterwards, then both rear wheels struggle to "work together" to drive out the corner as the inside can spin-up a little then too. Please don't take this too hard though, the values used are close enough that the issues are minimal and as I said before I really liked this tune. So take what you will from my comments here. If it was me, Personally I'd be looking at bringing the accel and braking settings a little closer together and using the suspension to address the instability issues that it could bring, the initial though was bang on the money for me :).

Brakes were fine, but as with a lot of tunes posted here, IMO were too strong for requirements and potentially causing minor handling issues. I tested a few different BBs and found the most efficient for my driving style is 1/2. This is better for trail braking and as the ABS system doesn't need to work as hard to stop the wheels locking up (fronts especially) there is more control over the car in braking zones IMO and shorter stopping /slowing distances once you get use to it. Sounds a little counter intuitive doesn't it :crazy:

Laptimes for leaderboards: Tested @525pp on RH tyres.

Trial Mountain - 1:26.912
Deep Forest reverse - 1:16.783
Grand Valley speedway - 1:54.531

Overall, a great car to drive and I'd say given the relatively low pp, a really competitive car indeed. It's chalked up a couple of on-line race wins for me already :). Well done, I look forward to giving more of your tunes a go in the future. :cheers:

P.S. Bowtie, I'll get to your's when I can, I have your S2k and NSX on my hit list and another few from last month/this month I quite fancy trying out too.

@Thorin Cain glad you liked it! 👍

As for the LSD, I think it's got a lot to do with my driving style, as I'm not exactly a fan of a car that rotates more when off-throttle, that scares me a bit cause I like to brake hard and throw the car in with power, probably due to my Super GT racing preference, and why the car really was setup for a lot more rotation under acceleration.

I like your suggestions on the brakes though, it's really something I've yet to find a good balance in tuning especially when using ABS.

:eek: That's a whole lot of laps you ran. Many thanks for such a Herculean effort in testing both versions of this tune out. And thank you for your most kind words about it :D:tup: and some pretty fine lap-times too.
Your time, effort and feedback is greatly appreciated :bowdown: :cheers:

I do want to say that the only reason why there is such a discrepancy between the times at SSR11 is that I couldn't quite hold the updated car on the track, so I just gave up. I ran only 7 complete laps on SSR11, and 10 on the others. So, doing the math, I did 92 laps all together. I never did isolate the part on the updated tune that made me run slightly slower.

@sinof1337 BR-Z and Fisker Karma EcoSport Reviews:

BR-Z - 525pp SS
Quick, smooth and stable. Easy to get the power down.
Does have some minor mid-corner understeer.
Best lap at Deep Forest Reverse - 1:19.237

Karma - 530pp RH
Heavy and super slow. Slow to accel and low top speed, but that is all you get from this car with limited tuning ability. Handling is not bad, rear can jump out from slight lack of rear grip. Front can slide and produce mid corner understeer.
In all, nice job with limited setting to change, better than my attempt since I gave up.
Best lap at Grand Valley Speedway - 2:04.464

1:51.678. @shaunm80 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 (600PP) at the Grand Valley Speedway on Sports Softs tyres, track set/ Real. Overall this car handles really well and in the corners as well with no issues about this car at all, I can drive this car all day on this track if I have to because it is enjoyable to drive, well done Shaun :):cheers:.

1:47.599 @shaunm80 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 (600PP) at the Grand Valley Speedway on Racing Hard tyres, track set/ Real. Overall this thing does not like these tyres very well because in the corners it want to understeer a bit, but it is not a big problem you just lose a bit of time. I even tired going slower in the corners and still it want to understeer, other than a bit of understeer this car is fast, I think I will have these 2 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 (600PP) in my garage on Sports Soft tyres 👍.

1:51.678. @shaunm80 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 (600PP) at the Grand Valley Speedway on Sports Softs tyres, track set/ Real. Overall this car handles really well and in the corners as well with no issues about this car at all, I can drive this car all day on this track if I have to because it is enjoyable to drive, well done Shaun :):cheers:.

1:47.599 @shaunm80 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 (600PP) at the Grand Valley Speedway on Racing Hard tyres, track set/ Real. Overall this thing does not like these tyres very well because in the corners it want to understeer a bit, but it is not a big problem you just lose a bit of time. I even tired going slower in the corners and still it want to understeer, other than a bit of understeer this car is fast, I think I will have these 2 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 (600PP) in my garage on Sports Soft tyres 👍.
Thanks again for the great reviews. You set some great times with these cars. I personally feel the SS version is slightly better than the RH version too, only because I can push that version a lot more before it runs into any problems. I can see you are enjoying these CoTM tunes a lot.

Back