Car of The Month: April! - Build your own Racing Modification/Touring Car!

1:48.482 @shaunm80 Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic "07 (699PP) at the Grand Valley Speedway on Sports Soft tyres, track set/ Real using my G29 wheel. Overall this thing handles excellent at this track with me, very well done Sir 👍:):cheers:.

1:46.383 @shaunm80 Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic "07 (699PP) at the Grand Valley Speedway on Racing Hard tyres, track set/ Real using my G29 wheel. Overall the handling it excellent once again and it has no issues with me, these 2 cars that I have tried, I rate very highly 👍:):cheers:.

1:48.482 @shaunm80 Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic "07 (699PP) at the Grand Valley Speedway on Sports Soft tyres, track set/ Real using my G29 wheel. Overall this thing handles excellent at this track with me, very well done Sir 👍:):cheers:.

1:46.383 @shaunm80 Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic "07 (699PP) at the Grand Valley Speedway on Racing Hard tyres, track set/ Real using my G29 wheel. Overall the handling it excellent once again and it has no issues with me, these 2 cars that I have tried, I rate very highly 👍:):cheers:.
This tune is also a gold tune for the new Time Trial at Bathurst. :) Glad you enjoyed the ride. This is the first time I have tuned this particular car so I am pleased with this one.

1:13.634 @sinof1337 Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic '07 (600PP) at Deep Forest Reverse on Racing Hard Tyres track set/ Real, using my G27 wheel. Overall this thing is fast no understeer for me that you mention about this tune, I found a bit of oversteer in some corners only if you put the power down to early but this is not a problem for me because I like it a bit loose in the rear, you have got a very nice handling car Sir well done :cheers:.

1:15.403 @sinof1337 Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic '07 (600PP) at Deep Forest Reverse on Sports Soft Tyres track set/ Real, using my G27 wheel. Overall this thing is also fast on these tyres this car handles a bit better than on Racing Hard tyres but not much, a bit of oversteer in some corners if you put the power down to early but as I said before it is no problem, this thing is nice for this track and well done Sir :cheers:.

Sorry, been a while, but I've given up posting on my phone. Way too many double posts/unfinished posts being posted :rolleyes: for my liking :lol:
@Thorin Cain glad you liked it! 👍

As for the LSD, I think it's got a lot to do with my driving style, as I'm not exactly a fan of a car that rotates more when off-throttle, that scares me a bit cause I like to brake hard and throw the car in with power, probably due to my Super GT racing preference, and why the car really was setup for a lot more rotation under acceleration.

I like your suggestions on the brakes though, it's really something I've yet to find a good balance in tuning especially when using ABS.
About the LSD, don't worry about it, I have quite a few tunes with similar sorts of settings and as I said it works with the tune, that's the main point and all that should matter really :) I only try to give feedback I feel is constructive, things I've learned that have helped me along the way 👍 I found it real easy to use and did prefer it to Mr.Muscle's in a few ways....Oh, wait, I've not reviewed that one yet...oops :dopey:, did I let the cat out of the bag!? (It's up in the next post :)) Anyway I think your style sounds a little more to how I too like to drive, It's been a long hard road and I've still not found the perfect balance between the suspension and LSD yet either. When I do I'll be sure to shout it from the rooftops :lol:

The brakes though I believe, are critically important. Most people think of brakes as purely a way to slow and stop the car. And to a certain extent this is true. However when racing (or driving Time Trials) they are used more as tools to help balance the weight transfer during, and to place the car in the corners, than as the simple anchors that they are sometimes viewed as.
The brakes can only be set as strong as the tyre grip/track grip combo will allow before the ABS system kicks in and starts to "adjust" the braking force automatically to help maintain traction. As the power of the brakes increases past this point the system will have to work harder and can start to exhibit adverse characteristics. The biggest one of these is the tendency for the front tyres to burn up easily on corner entry or in some cases even straight line braking (most notable on downhills) and also there can be an unexplained jumpiness in hard braking zones (Turn 1 at Monza and Midfield show this up a lot.)

The method I use is based on the findings of, and discussions with our good Canadian friend @TurnLeft after his work on the subject. And the teachings of my former tuning partner @Dirty_Duck. Perhaps it can be of some help to you and others :).
It is recommended that the BB be the first setting to tune And should be revisited whenever major suspension/geometry/weight distribution or Aero changes are made.
1: Select tyre for use (recommend re-tuning brakes for each track and or tyre change)
2: apply racing brakes if required (only recommended by me for racing tyres)
3: set brakes to 10/10
4: Go to track (best to use track that you will be racing on).
5: Head for the longest straight and test brakes (be sure to be at full racing speeds and slam on the brakes a little earlier than usual, leaving room to completely stop the car from over 100mph).
6: Reduce both front and rear brakes by one click each (eg. 9/9 then 8/8, 7/7 etc.) until neither wheel locks up.
7: Turn ABS off and drop one tyre grade.
8: Go back to the track and adjust only the front brake until the rear starts to lock up first.
9: Turn ABS back on. neither wheel should ever lock up now and you should be in the ballpark for the most efficient BB for the trye/track.
10: Fine tuning adjustments for handling can be done now.

For better straight line braking/ less rotation during trail braking - increase front bias by 1-2 clicks. (eg. if set at 4/7 already, then 5/7, 5/6 or 6/7 would be possible targets)

For better trail braking/more rotation on entry - increase rear bias by 1-2 clicks. (eg if set at 5/6 already, then 4/6, 5/7, 5/8 or 4/8 would be possible targets)

I do want to say that the only reason why there is such a discrepancy between the times at SSR11 is that I couldn't quite hold the updated car on the track, so I just gave up. I ran only 7 complete laps on SSR11, and 10 on the others. So, doing the math, I did 92 laps all together. I never did isolate the part on the updated tune that made me run slightly slower.
Not to worry, I appreciate the effort none the less :) I can make a few educated guesses at what they were 👍 One of them I just did ;):lol:

Review of @Bowtie-muscle'S Honda S2000 '06.

S2000 '06 550pp SS:

Trial Mountain - 1:30.326
Deep Forest reverse - 1:17.169
Grand Valley speedway - 1:53.848

S2000 '06 550pp RH
Trial Mountain - 1:26.836
Deep Forest reverse - 1:15.068
Grand Valley speedway - 1:51.429

Trial Mountain:
If I'm honest this thing is a little odd and I can't quite put my finger on what it is that I'm not too keen on. It just seems a little jumpy in places :odd:. Actually in thinking about it, it reminds me a lot of @GhostRider65's FR-S, it has a nice enough balance but perhaps a little too soft for my liking.
It took me a little while to get use to it, but it was pretty good on SS tyres. Very predictable and easy to get sideways :scared:....Don't worry, that gets extra points for fun factor :D And I may have inadvertantly found a new drift car :lol:👍.
On RH I did struggle a little more at first, barely even managing to beat the SS ghost. I did eventually manage to find it's groove and pull off a decent few laps. In the end though I couldn't get all that much quicker than I could with @Antares26's car, despite the power advantage it had with the High RPM range turbo.

I really do think the 1:30 on SS is a false figure to be fair, given a bit more time with it there's a good chunk of time still to be found. The tyres alone don't account for the difference, mostly it was the driver still learning the car :embaressed: I reckon it should have been down in the 1:28s somewhere.

Grand Valley Speedway:
The car seems to wander around a little under braking here, however it is still pretty controlable. If you ask me I think the dampers could be the cause of the jumpieness (don't know if that's a word or not ;)) that I mentioned before. It just feels like there's something not quite right in the weight transfer rearward, perhaps a little over damping? There are of course another couple of things that could be having some say in the matter too, driving style for one :guilty: But overall the car worked out pretty well here. No real complaints 👍.

Deep Forest (rev)
Where the H... has this thing been hiding :eek: It's like a completely different animal here, or maybe I just get on with it bit more :). But wow, what a little rocket 👍. Whatever I asked of it, it did and it didn't feel as "on edge" and jumpy as at TM. Still not exactly how I'd want it to go, but damn, it was close, I go back to the "slightly too soft" bit from the TM notes ;), if it wasn't for that I'd say the balance works really well for this track :) A real solid performance here from the get-go.

I suppose I should say something about the drivetrain. Well it worked, it got the thing down the road pretty well 👍. But Arrrgh, why did you have to use that turbo :banghead: If it ain't broke and all... :lol:. I don't know how well it works on AT, but for me on MT, I just seemed to be in the wrong part of the rev range a lot in the slower of the mid-speed corners. If I took them in 3rd it didn't pull very well back out and if I dropped it into 2nd, it was just so high in the rev-range I felt I had to tip-toe around the throttle pedal :( (Still testing on DS3 BTW 👍). It is a driving style issue mostly. When I calmed my entry speed down a little it worked out a bit better :embarrassed: I know adjusting the FG will help out though :)
The LSD was pretty good, but I think just a little tighter all round would have been better for me 👍,.Comparing it again to Antares' car, I think he pretty much nailed the initial but I preferred your more "traditional" 2-way set-up :), it works really nice and is very predictable. Personally, (and I did try it out 👍) 12 or 13 initial with accel and braking between 16-18 works real nice for me on the RH tyre :). And it helped a little with the odd handling in a few places too incidentally 👍.

I have to say, although this is not my favourite ride from your shop, sadly :( It is still a very competitive little thing 👍 And it's one that will stay in the garage for future use based on it's performance at Deep Forest alone, there are other tracks that this thing will suit that well too :). Didn't really prefer one tyre to the other.
I was all ready to say that Antares' car was the better of the two hands down, but I think it's fairer to say it was a better all-rounder. Your little S2K on the other hand was like fire and ice. not all that good in some places and mind blowingly awesome in others. I'm really glad that I tested them both. And I'm looking forward to that NSX-R too :D

Review of @Bowtie-muscle'S Honda S2000 '06.

S2000 '06 550pp SS:

Trial Mountain - 1:30.326
Deep Forest reverse - 1:17.169
Grand Valley speedway - 1:53.848

S2000 '06 550pp RH
Trial Mountain - 1:26.836
Deep Forest reverse - 1:15.068
Grand Valley speedway - 1:51.429

Trial Mountain:
If I'm honest this thing is a little odd and I can't quite put my finger on what it is that I'm not too keen on. It just seems a little jumpy in places :odd:. Actually in thinking about it, it reminds me a lot of @GhostRider65's FR-S, it has a nice enough balance but perhaps a little too soft for my liking.
It took me a little while to get use to it, but it was pretty good on SS tyres. Very predictable and easy to get sideways :scared:....Don't worry, that gets extra points for fun factor :D And I may have inadvertantly found a new drift car :lol:👍.
On RH I did struggle a little more at first, barely even managing to beat the SS ghost. I did eventually manage to find it's groove and pull off a decent few laps. In the end though I couldn't get all that much quicker than I could with @Antares26's car, despite the power advantage it had with the High RPM range turbo.

I really do think the 1:30 on SS is a false figure to be fair, given a bit more time with it there's a good chunk of time still to be found. The tyres alone don't account for the difference, mostly it was the driver still learning the car :embaressed: I reckon it should have been down in the 1:28s somewhere.

Grand Valley Speedway:
The car seems to wander around a little under braking here, however it is still pretty controlable. If you ask me I think the dampers could be the cause of the jumpieness (don't know if that's a word or not ;)) that I mentioned before. It just feels like there's something not quite right in the weight transfer rearward, perhaps a little over damping? There are of course another couple of things that could be having some say in the matter too, driving style for one :guilty: But overall the car worked out pretty well here. No real complaints 👍.

Deep Forest (rev)
Where the H... has this thing been hiding :eek: It's like a completely different animal here, or maybe I just get on with it bit more :). But wow, what a little rocket 👍. Whatever I asked of it, it did and it didn't feel as "on edge" and jumpy as at TM. Still not exactly how I'd want it to go, but damn, it was close, I go back to the "slightly too soft" bit from the TM notes ;), if it wasn't for that I'd say the balance works really well for this track :) A real solid performance here from the get-go.

I suppose I should say something about the drivetrain. Well it worked, it got the thing down the road pretty well 👍. But Arrrgh, why did you have to use that turbo :banghead: If it ain't broke and all... :lol:. I don't know how well it works on AT, but for me on MT, I just seemed to be in the wrong part of the rev range a lot in the slower of the mid-speed corners. If I took them in 3rd it didn't pull very well back out and if I dropped it into 2nd, it was just so high in the rev-range I felt I had to tip-toe around the throttle pedal :( (Still testing on DS3 BTW 👍). It is a driving style issue mostly. When I calmed my entry speed down a little it worked out a bit better :embarrassed: I know adjusting the FG will help out though :)
The LSD was pretty good, but I think just a little tighter all round would have been better for me 👍,.Comparing it again to Antares' car, I think he pretty much nailed the initial but I preferred your more "traditional" 2-way set-up :), it works really nice and is very predictable. Personally, (and I did try it out 👍) 12 or 13 initial with accel and braking between 16-18 works real nice for me on the RH tyre :). And it helped a little with the odd handling in a few places too incidentally 👍.

I have to say, although this is not my favourite ride from your shop, sadly :( It is still a very competitive little thing 👍 And it's one that will stay in the garage for future use based on it's performance at Deep Forest alone, there are other tracks that this thing will suit that well too :). Didn't really prefer one tyre to the other.
I was all ready to say that Antares' car was the better of the two hands down, but I think it's fairer to say it was a better all-rounder. Your little S2K on the other hand was like fire and ice. not all that good in some places and mind blowingly awesome in others. I'm really glad that I tested them both. And I'm looking forward to that NSX-R too :D
Thanks for the review and the times. The tune was done at Deep Forest Reverse so it should have been better there. I did try a few other tracks, namely Daytona Road Course, surprisingly good there on SS and RH. This is one of the tunes I did for me, it is the way I like it, but others may struggle depending on driving style and track choice.

***The new list of cars for the month of April have been added!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the review and the times. The tune was done at Deep Forest Reverse so it should have been better there. I did try a few other tracks, namely Daytona Road Course, surprisingly good there on SS and RH. This is one of the tunes I did for me, it is the way I like it, but others may struggle depending on driving style and track choice.

***The new list of cars for the month of April have been added!!!
I'm thinking Laguna Seca, Autumn Ring and the Matterhorn circuits should be pretty good with it too :)

Let's have a look at this list then.

Quick question:
I know this is for fun, and not a competition and all, so no real restrictions I have seen except the car list for the month, but is that all?
You guys don't have a round-a-bout PP range, or anything of the sort?
Or is it simply, Find the cars "sweet spot" with weight/power/PP and tune away? (Not that tht is actually simple, lol, simply put rather)?
I reread the first few guideline posts, and it didn't seem very restricted. I speed-read through most of the other pages but most had to do with past months and cars, ect.
I have 4 or 5 go-to cars in this months list, which is rare for me in these type of things. And I have multiple presets for PP and track type for most of those, which is why I ask. Trying to figure out which preset to revisit and fine tune.
Thanks guys for helping me catch up.

Quick question:
I know this is for fun, and not a competition and all, so no real restrictions I have seen except the car list for the month, but is that all?
You guys don't have a round-a-bout PP range, or anything of the sort?
Or is it simply, Find the cars "sweet spot" with weight/power/PP and tune away? (Not that tht is actually simple, lol, simply put rather)?
I reread the first few guideline posts, and it didn't seem very restricted. I speed-read through most of the other pages but most had to do with past months and cars, ect.
I have 4 or 5 go-to cars in this months list, which is rare for me in these type of things. And I have multiple presets for PP and track type for most of those, which is why I ask. Trying to figure out which preset to revisit and fine tune.
Thanks guys for helping me catch up.
Tune as you see fit, only restriction is tire choice "IF" you want a time in the leaderboard. You cannot post your own time, but if you submit a tune, the testers time will be added.

You may also still post a tune for any of the previous months in this thread.

Amuse 380RS on SS tires @ DFR
Time: 1:18.072
Notes: - very stable
- won't set any speed records, but who cares
- could be useful on technical tracks

RE Amemiya RX-7 on SS tires @ Trial Mountain
Time: 1:27.387
Notes: - thank you Amemiya-San for building an RX-7 that didn't blow up the engine
- feels really good through the turns
- has decent speed for a 525 PP car; might give others at that range a challenge

Mine's BNR34 on SS tires @ Eifel Woods
Time: 1:33.492
Notes: - reduced weight makes it very nimble for a 4WD
- suspension works really well here
- good speed, but this R34 was pretty fast already
- could handle technical courses better than stock setup

Last edited:
Amuse 380RS on SS tires @ DFR
Time: 1:18.072
Notes: - very stable
- won't set any speed records, but who cares
- could be useful on technical tracks

RE Amemiya RX-7 on SS tires @ Trial Mountain
Time: 1:27.387
Notes: - thank you Amemiya-San for building an RX-7 that didn't blow up the engine
- feels really good through the turns
- has decent speed for a 525 PP car; might give others at that range a challenge

Mine's BNR34 on SS tires @ Eifel Woods
Time: 1:33.492
Notes: - reduced weight makes it very nimble for a 4WD
- suspension works really well here
- good speed, but this R34 was pretty fast already
- could handle technical courses better than stock setup
Thanks for the reviews and the times.👍
The 380RS was built to compete against the FITT RX-7 but just felt slow. Handled well, but slow. I used it at that pp to win the Tuner Events, even on SM tires.
The RX7 was built for a FITT Event, but not the tune I submitted. I did like it then although it might be able to be improved a tad. The Mine's is just fast:dopey:

AEM S2000 (550PP SS)

aems2000-jpg.127132

H.E.P G37 600pp
proxy.php

Link to site database;
(Figured this would be easier then just posting stats here)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/h-e-p-g37.4853/

I like it, it's not perfect, but I can make it do whatever I want. I tried to make her under 600pp, but she didn't want any part of the saddle and bridal. The car loves power and torque, so I gave it to her. Harder to handle at first, but after the first lap is done, anyone should get/know how to drive it to get best results. Not going to beat any ts030's or anything, but can handle non-God cars pretty easily.

1:47.522 @sinof1337 Mine's BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R N1 base '06 (600PP) at the Grand Valley Speedway on Racing Hard tyres, track set/ Real using my G29 wheel. Overall this thing handles very nice on these tyres the cornering of this car is good also, no issues with this car :cheers:.
I also tested this car a time of 1:48.886 on Sports Soft tyres it handles very good around the corners and a good job Sir again with no issues with this car 👍.

1:47.522 @sinof1337 Mine's BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R N1 base '06 (600PP) at the Grand Valley Speedway on Racing Hard tyres, track set/ Real using my G29 wheel. Overall this thing handles very nice on these tyres the cornering of this car is good also, no issues with this car :cheers:.
I also tested this car a time of 1:48.886 on Sports Soft tyres it handles very good around the corners and a good job Sir again with no issues with this car 👍.
Glad to see you've been enjoying my tunes. Thank you for the reviews(and everyone else for that matter; I really need to be better about responding to feedback).

Last edited:
Back